Tabloid Tribune #163 - An NPO/MK Annoucement

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1301892900' post='2683815']
At least he didn't cozy up to NPO later on for no real reason and decry others for "propping them up" before. I guess there's some novelty in the "NPO is good now and they give me a senate seat" gimmick. Dancing in the new world or some BS like that.
[/quote]
FYI, Schatt didn't "cozy up" with them. NPO reached out, and built a better relation. Not that they are fighting this because they are BFF's with NPO, they certainly are not. But while you and your lot spent the last two years crying about how NPO is evil and will never change, NPO did change and reached out to people. And the lie is finally starting to collapse.
[img]http://www.64digits.com/users/HeroofTime55/darkrai_thumb_2.png[/img]

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301867224' post='2683593']
The funny thing is they complain about us not liking them while doing things in this manner.
[/quote]
LOL the butt hurt. Love them Pacifica, they demand it! :lol1:

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1301835496' post='2683389']
I don't plan on waiting that long :v:
[/quote]
In your DoW they were told they will never have peace if they maintain a strong alliance. They only need to rebuild to restart your alliances eternal terms over their alliance

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1301761143' post='2682885']
On, and congratulations to your new Empress. As she was the blustering fool whose overweening sense of self-importance nearly provoked a declaration of war from NoR in the middle of the Karma Conflict
[/quote]
You seem to have an aversion to attacking a strong alliance in the beginning of a war.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1301892900' post='2683815']
At least he didn't cozy up to NPO later on for no real reason and decry others for "propping them up" before. I guess there's some novelty in the "NPO is good now and they give me a senate seat" gimmick. Dancing in the new world or some BS like that.
[/quote]
Good point TOP lite.

-winning

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1301894216' post='2683821']
There's not a single good reason to announce a new emperor/empress in a joke thread on April 1st (if you're actually serious.)
[/quote]
It's kinda funny? :awesome:

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1301894216' post='2683821']
There's not a single good reason to announce a new emperor/empress in a joke thread on April 1st (if you're actually serious.)
[/quote]
Its the will of their alliance. Is that not a single good reason?

-winning

[quote name='Fighter26' timestamp='1301885271' post='2683752']
Perhaps your relations would be better if you didn't belittle other alliances? Believe it or not, our opinions of you change with [b]stupid announcements like this thread[/b]. Responses such as: "F what you think" dont help much either. Good luck and good fights to NPO.
[/quote]

[b]Tabloid Tribune[/b] #163
Posted [b]01 April 2011[/b]

I think a lot of people missed these two crucial points.

edit: Bold end tag

Edited by Feuersturm

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301867224' post='2683593']
The funny thing is they complain about us not liking them while doing things in this manner.
[/quote]

I'd like to see how we complain about you not liking us. And I'm serious; not being sarcastic. The only thing I can recall in respect to this is that we were constantly criticized for not "reaching out" to those in your side. And in response to that, we say that we have attempted to do just that. But those attempts were in vain due to whatever diplomatic blunders that consequently followed.

Also, I've seen MK hating on everybody and everything for a long time. Rarely do I see members of MK posting without cynical, critical or derisive attitudes. So why do you seem surprised when people reciprocate?

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1301895048' post='2683828']
LOL the butt hurt. Love them Pacifica, they demand it! :lol1: [/quote]
If you think we're sad that NPO doesn't like us you don't know us very well.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1301896499' post='2683850']
I'd like to see how we complain about you not liking us. And I'm serious; not being sarcastic. The only thing I can recall in respect to this is that we were constantly criticized for not "reaching out" to those in your side. And in response to that, we say that we have attempted to do just that. But those attempts were in vain due to whatever diplomatic blunders that consequently followed.

Also, I've seen MK hating on everybody and everything for a long time. Rarely do I see members of MK posting without cynical, critical or derisive attitudes. So why do you seem surprised when people reciprocate?
[/quote]
Well you seem to think that you've done nothing to make anyone not like you or want to roll you with the "we haven't done anything since Karma!" logic.

As for MK hating on some people, yes we have. We don't deny it, and that's the difference.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301896835' post='2683853']
If you think we're sad that NPO doesn't like us you don't know us very well.
[/quote]
All tyrants want to be both feared and loved. Its something to do with being insecure. An alliance too insecure to let a strong NPO exist understands this. Its the price paid for being surrounded by yes men, the word no becomes difficult to bear.

-winning

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301896835' post='2683853']
Well you seem to think that you've done nothing to make anyone not like you or want to roll you with the "we haven't done anything since Karma!" logic.

As for MK hating on some people, yes we have. We don't deny it, and that's the difference.
[/quote]

No. The difference is that we've "tried" to bridge relationships and have failed. Perhaps those diplomatic attempts have pushed people further away, perhaps not. That is all we are saying. We're not trying to make the whole world love us. So I don't think we're trying to say that you [i]should[/i] like us. But here's the thing. You're trying to accuse us of openly antagonizing everybody in the world with no cause; which is ridiculous. Whether we like it or not, we will be judged by the world every step of the way. So everything we do is scrutinized at a much higher standard than other alliances simply by virtue of our history. When we make satirical, yet humorous, threads; people will see it as more antagonizing than it should actually be. In our eyes, it was more like you were trying to antagonize us and we responded in kind.

For example; I remember when Pacifica was posting all those articles pointing out the lack of military competence of those G15 (or whatever number) in securing Pacifica from rogues as promised by the instruments of surrender at the end of Karma. We felt that we were being wronged by actions, so we countered with acrimonious rhetoric. My point is that we did do this without purpose. It was not [i]us[/i] antagonizing people. It was us responding to what we felt were unjust actions.

So will I admit that we have been involved in bantering between other alliances in the past two years? Yes, I will admit that. Will I admit that we've been openly provoking them for no reason? Absolutely not.

Edited by Jrenster

o/ Mary the Fantabulous - Emperor of the NPO!
o/ Mary the Fantabulous - Former President of the GPA!
o/ Mary the Fantabulous - Holder of the Viridian Medal of Honor!
o/ Mary the Fantabulous - Life Member of the Green Team!
o/ Mary the Fantabulous - Cybernation's Cameleon Queen!

[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/qinqe/AS6signatureMaryTheFantabulous.png[/IMG]

[quote name='Antonio Salovega VI' timestamp='1301900027' post='2683882']

[IMG]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r160/qinqe/AS6signatureMaryTheFantabulous.png[/IMG]
[/quote]
It's a goddamn shame you were knocked out in round one.
[img]http://www.64digits.com/users/HeroofTime55/darkrai_thumb_3_upsidelols.png[/img]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1301900809' post='2683887']
It's a goddamn shame you were knocked out in round one.
[img]http://www.64digits.com/users/HeroofTime55/darkrai_thumb_3_upsidelols.png[/img]
[/quote]

That wasn't his best post ever, I have to admit, but he's usually relatively entertaining. Nowhere near round two material.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1301901099' post='2683890']
That wasn't his best post ever, I have to admit, but he's usually relatively entertaining. Nowhere near round two material.
[/quote]
Its not a quality post like the comparison one you made earlier <_<

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1301891992' post='2683810']
Why would you want them to modify their image? I mean, you refused to do anything but lick this image's ass for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for, what, 3 years in and out of your long run as Grandmaster of TOP. Leave the NPO detraction to people that didn't actually make a career out of propping up NPO. You're a disgusting little worm that crawled around reducing one of the best alliances on Bob into NPO's deaf-and-dumb assistant for as long as possible until you saw the tide going out. It must've been a pretty good modus operandi if you liked it so much.
You make honest men the world over puke.

Would someone start slapping Crymson in the face with a rubber chicken every time he criticizes NPO? Can we arrange that?
[/quote]

I've got to assume that this post was made with a healthy amount of facetiousness.

Edit: I should not that I don't care if it was or not. Whatever the case, you're probably just still angry at me for booting you out of TOP.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1301896188' post='2683844']
Next cb: you guys were gender bias a few years ago! :war:
[/quote]

Nah we would use your !@#$ talking as an excuse, after all there is that by the bucket load with you posting. Time of the month?

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301890831' post='2683800']
The organized propaganda effort certainly had a part in putting NPO in the position it was in where everyone considered them to be against us, though the immediate cause of the war wasn't the propaganda. Both sides provoked each other. The difference is that we didn't tried to claim that we weren't provoking y'all, while NPO has tried to claim that they weren't provoking anyone and were neutral.
[/quote]

No, the difference is that "one side" went around abusing people, and then acted offended when they got criticized for those actions. Trying to put our verbal outrage on the same level with your harmful conduct is a bit too much spin to stomach.

[/quote]

[b]Cameleon:[/b] "[i]A fluorescent chimaera used as a Ca2+ indicator. Cameleons comprise BFP or CFP, calmodulin, a glycylglycine linker, the calmodulin-binding domain of myosin light chain kinase (M13) and a GFP or YFP. Binding of Ca2+ to the calmodulin causes intramolecular calmodulin binding to M13. This conformational change reduces the separation between the two fluorescent proteins and so increases the FRET efficiency between the shorter and the longer wavelength protein.[/i]"

Perhaps you meant to say Chameleon instead?

[/quote]

Why does VE let you post?

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]What is this even supposed to mean?[/color]

[/quote]

o/ Antonio Salovega VI, a fool.

Edited by Charles Stuart

I love the fact that Schattenman always uses the actual reality of history when examining current events. Thank you Schattenman.

Some of us will continue to remember that many of the current moral pontiffs were happy for years to be at the beck and call of the NPO- remember that, VE and TOP? No wonder you are so damn scared of the NPO's return.

As to the announcement, I thought it was funny, but I doubt that Mary will be any less willing to do what it takes to secure Pacifican domination than her predecessors.