Europa Announcement

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1301602213' post='2681580']
It is unfortunate that you never considered NSO "friends", despite the conversations that were had. If not even friendly. Oh well. Whatever. Washed up history.

And you were talking about the second part of my comment? I assumed any idiot would realize that I was being sarcastic given the way I said it.
[/quote]

I consider friends a small group of people. It's no disrespect towards NSO, but they're not that close to us.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1301602213' post='2681580']
It is unfortunate that you never considered NSO "friends", despite the conversations that were had. If not even friendly. Oh well. Whatever. Washed up history.

And you were talking about the second part of my comment? I assumed any idiot would realize that I was being sarcastic given the way I said it.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I remember some of us having friendly chats with Europa a few times, but those all took place months ago. We eventually just stopped talking (mainly I suppose on NSO's end, when we had a spell of inactivity after 6 Mil). I don't believe it was due to any ill feelings on either end, and in my uneducated and uninformed view, I don't believe either side can say they hate the other, but just because we had a few friendly chats in the past doesn't make us all that close. So I can see what Europa is saying.[/color]

There's a difference between being friendly with individuals and being friends with an alliance as a whole. I know many people in other alliances I like and have friendly conversations with, yet would not consider their alliance to be friends with my alliance. To confuse the two is simply ridiculous.

Edited by Gimlimonkey

[quote name='Kongo Jack' timestamp='1301602398' post='2681584']
I consider friends a small group of people. It's no disrespect towards NSO, but they're not that close to us.
[/quote]

Fair enough. I suppose I have a broader definition of what constitutes a friend, but it's a matter of semantics. My original point was that I was disappointed to see this happen and I recollected having conversations with Europa with intent of getting NSO closer with them and seeing no real fruit of those efforts. Regardless, it's still washed up history and I'm not going to flip out over it.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1301592776' post='2681486']
It's true, we really [i]are[/i] terrible.
[/quote]

No shame in that, you've always been terrible :awesome:

Best of luck to both parties, sad to see this happen between two alliances I used to know.

While Europa never had formal relations with NSO, we have had pleasant conversations with many of their government officials. What I meant earlier was that we've never been friends on-paper, but I've been known to talk to the occasional Sith member on IRC.

That said, I feel we're drifting away from the original purpose of this announcement, which was to inform you all of a treaty no longer being valid. That has been accomplished. Shush.

[quote name='Jrenster' timestamp='1301602891' post='2681591']
My original point was that I was disappointed to see this happen and I recollected having conversations with Europa with intent of getting NSO closer with them and seeing no real fruit of those efforts.
[/quote]

Lots of things changed there after you and some others left, so blame yourself. :P

[quote name='Lenny N Karl' timestamp='1301615794' post='2681729']
I wanted this when you signed with GooNS.

see ya around.
[/quote]

Given the very public middle-finger wagging your alliance did to both Europa and FEAR back in December, I daresay you have quietly wanted this for much longer.

EDIT: obligatory 'my opinion is my own and not repesentative of any official opinion of my alliance' crap.

Edited by Lord Boris

[quote name='Lenny N Karl' timestamp='1301615794' post='2681729']
I wanted this when you signed with GooNS.
[/quote]

That's a bit shallow. At least I was indifferent when I found out about it. It helps to go see what they are about for yourself, but with that said, I'm still indifferent. :) Except for a few.

[quote name='Lenny N Karl' timestamp='1301616676' post='2681737']
Still like you guys, but back then I saw the fork in the road for our mutual paths. That is all I mean.
[/quote]

Yeah, got it. Not so sure it's a fork, more like some ambitious straddling manoeuvre.

[quote name='O-Dog' timestamp='1301616870' post='2681739']
Yeah, got it. Not so sure it's a fork, more like some ambitious straddling manoeuvre.
[/quote]

Straddling is a utopia around here, you'll eventually end up displeasing half of your allies. Look at your embassy on our forums about that time when Europa vocally supported the GooNs for their agression on NPO for instance. Good luck wherever you're going.

[quote name='bedeur' timestamp='1301672586' post='2682205']
Straddling is a utopia around here, you'll eventually end up displeasing half of your allies. Look at your embassy on our forums about that time when Europa vocally supported the GooNs for their agression on NPO for instance. Good luck wherever you're going.
[/quote]

I want to make sure you are smart enough to understand this; I never stated that I supported the move by Doomhouse to preempt NPO. Do I like GOONS more then NPO? Yes. Does that mean I agree with the actions that happened? Well I'm sure I shouldn't have to repeat myself, but just incase let me know, and I'll try to make it more clear for you.

Edited by Kongo Jack

[quote name='bedeur' timestamp='1301672586' post='2682205']
Look at your embassy on our forums about that time when Europa vocally supported the GooNs for their agression on NPO for instance. Good luck wherever you're going.
[/quote]

I am sure that if our members did support such actions they now regret it. Within Europa, we felt/feel that the DH actions were those of a dickish nature.