Reason and Purpose

Rush Sykes

Revenge is a dish best served with nukes.

As DK stated earlier, Zenith suffered mortal wounds from the cowards who bailed. That incident helped form my opinions on what constitutes military obligation. DK is nice enough to have forgiveness in her heart.

I do not.

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=195&showentry=679"]Deserters are scum![/url]

Edited by Kzoppistan

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301441114' post='2680229']
That's different from the situation now where Panfilo was just applying to various alliances, and had shown that his actions were part of a trend. I suspect that if Panfilo hadn't hid in peace mode during bipolar, Athens would have taken his slots, ZI'd him, and wouldn't have pursued him now.
[/quote]

This is correct. We did hit some of the people who left with him in Bipolar (who also were in TOP).

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Camelot

Prince - Panfilo
Warlord - Dristamia
Chamberlain - Cadaver
Financier - Frijo
Courtier - Tuculito

That entire list of people were all RL friends and all Camelot (and later Athens government). They, along with more of their friends who were just base members, all left (except Dristamia, he stayed for the war and then later convinced Slayer99 that he was a little costa rican girl to much hilarity :v) to save their infra when the noCB war broke out and it became clear that we'd be honoring our treaty with MK. It was essentially our entire upper tier that left. Our nuke count dropped from a bit over 300 to below 40 when they did that. I still ordered first strikes. Kamichi nuked NPO and opuscon nuked TPF. :awesome:

We've gotten our licks in on almost *everyone* who was involved in that, slowly, over time - gov and base members. Some of them we hit in Bipolar, one of them I tech raided when he was on a 1 man AA, and so on. The only one that hasn't gotten slapped for this is Tuculito, who was in MHA for bipolar and is sitting pretty at 17,000 infra now - in Europa. That's a lot of infra for a man to hug. Will Tuculito recieve his punishment or will he decide to leave this world first? Only time will tell. Stay tuned. :awesome:

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1301519464' post='2680865']
The only one that hasn't gotten slapped for this is Tuculito
[/quote]
He used to be yours? Heh. We kicked him out a while ago; would we have gotten the same ultimatum from you now if we hadn't done so long ago? [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/IMG]

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1301522189' post='2680895']
He used to be yours? Heh. We kicked him out a while ago; would we have gotten the same ultimatum from you now if we hadn't done so long ago? [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/IMG]
[/quote]

IMO being in SoS is punishment enough [img]http://i.imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/img]

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1301526393' post='2680941']
IMO being in SoS is punishment enough [img]http://i.imgur.com/PYU3Q.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I am quoting this for the truth of the statement.

Well said.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1301387908' post='2679794']
This game is drowning in years-old grudges and petty !@#$%^&* and you actually say that with a straight face?

I don't really care about Panfilo, but if you feel like there is some great OOC reason to attack someone who didn't fight in some wars then, well, I really just can't comprehend that.
[/quote]

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1301440514' post='2680221']
Wow, Athens.

I empathise, but get over it. Geeze.
[/quote]

I wasn't going to say anything and after further reading.. it appears the words have already been said.

I really don't see why this had to be posted.. if you wanted him gone.. see to it.. don't bring up ancient history and try to make us all feel bad for you. Surely, you've got enough pitchforks and torches of your own without having to recruit the rest of us for this grudge..

[quote name='Craven' timestamp='1301534674' post='2681043']
I wasn't going to say anything and after further reading.. it appears the words have already been said.

I really don't see why this had to be posted.. if you wanted him gone.. see to it.. don't bring up ancient history and try to make us all feel bad for you. Surely, you've got enough pitchforks and torches of your own without having to recruit the rest of us for this grudge..
[/quote]

The reasons this was posted is in the OP.

Rush posted this on his own.

[quote name='Craven' timestamp='1301534674' post='2681043']

[/quote]

Hey buddy, maybe if you'd read the OP you'd realize that this was posted so people would stop asking about it. Too much to expect?

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1301539277' post='2681102']
SOS <_<
[/quote]
Or if anyone bothered to read the nice, easily paste-able bit I put in my forum AA field, SOS団.

That said I do get a good laugh at all the people with this inexplicable hated for Sultans of Swing. Silly as GOONs.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1301484360' post='2680593']
So yeah. My grudge against zzzptm started a few months earlier than this, in the Bubblegum War. It ended with Bipolar.

I was frequently criticized for holding on to a grudge for far too long. Apparently I've got nothing on Athens though.
[/quote]
Invicta gave me a nuke every day of that war, too! DELIBERATELY!!!

Of course, I knew they were coming... That was one of the funnest wars, ever, and I go out of my way to have fun with wars.

Don't worry, Haf. You can nuke me anytime.*

*[i][size="1"]Nuclear attack must be during off-peak hours on off-peak war days. Offer good for one nuclear attack per calendar year. Offer not valid in Alaska and Hawaii. Nuclear attack offer subject to governmental regulations regarding usage of nuclear weapons.[/size][/i]

Edited by zzzptm

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1301583192' post='2681413']
Or if anyone bothered to read the nice, easily paste-able bit I put in my forum AA field, SOS団.

That said I do get a good laugh at all the people with this inexplicable hated for Sultans of Swing. Silly as GOONs.
[/quote]

Easily amused I see. How about SOS :gag:

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1301522189' post='2680895']
[/quote]

Why'd you kick Tuculito out? Did you find out he really wasn't an anime fan? :awesome:

We would have attacked panfilo regardless of what AA he was on after TOP finally expelled him. We had all decided that it was time. Azaghul has already outlined the reasons why we didn't pursue him while he was in TOP (although really if he had just fought during Bipolar we would have let it go then).

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1301659404' post='2682122']
Why'd you kick Tuculito out? Did you find out he really wasn't an anime fan? :awesome:
[/quote]
No, for not responding to military check-ins.

Oh, please, give it up.

This is not the first time someone's bailed on defense obligations before (your allies have even done it) and it won't be the last.

Quit your whining. This happened more than two and a half years ago. Then again, you guys are used to attacking people for age old malfeasances.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='chefjoe' timestamp='1301770866' post='2682996']
Funniest part of this whole thing is the OP which tries to paint the NO-CB war and NPO's actions as 'despicable', while doing far far worse in this current war.

Have fun chasing the hippy :)
[/quote]
he deleted