The Commonwealth of England and Maine

Zoot Zoot

[center][IMG]http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb144/zoot_zoot/Union-Jack.jpg[/IMG][/center]

It gives me great please to announce the Union of Great Britain of Maine into the Commonwealth of England and Maine. After years of a steadfast relationship and a close partnership on and off the battlefield. Maine has been one of Englands closest allies and together have forged a strong cultural and economic impact on eachothers societies. All treaties we both hold will be transferred to this unified nation. Should changes occur, nations will be informed through standard cancellation clauses, however this is not likley.

[quote]Great Britain – Democratic People’s Republic of Maine Act of Union

Preamble:
In recognition of our common goals, the need for mutual defense and the close relation between us, we the people of Great Britain and the Democratic People’s Republic of Maine hereby announce this act of union combining our respective states.

Article 1:
The land formerly known as Great Britain will be ruled by a King.
The land formerly known as the Democratic People’s Republic of Maine will be ruled by a Governor General.
Both the King and Governor General shall be equal in position and status. Each is individually allowed to sign accords however a move to engage in war shall require permission from both the King and the Governor General.

Article 2:
The executive and military of both states will be unified in a central executive and a central military.

Article 3:
The legislative of the former states shall remain independent.

Article 4:
Should the King and/or Governor General find this act of union to be against the will of the people it can be dissolved at any time.

[b]Signed for Great Britain[/b]
King Alfred I
Prime Minister Arthur Thwaites

[b]Signed for the Democratic Peoples Republic of Maine[/b]
President Simon Pegg[/quote]

Edited by Zoot Zoot

[i]"I don't recall ever saying anything of the sort, I do recall welcoming them to North America however.

Perhaps you should find better researchers.

As for bending over, how's the United Kingdom going in Scotland?"[/i]

OOC: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=100219&view=findpost&p=2674128 ;)

Edited by King Timmy

[quote name='King Timmy' timestamp='1301351424' post='2679397']
[i]"I don't recall ever saying anything of the sort, I do recall welcoming them to North America however.

Perhaps you should find better researchers.

As for bending over, how's the United Kingdom going in Scotland?"[/i]

OOC: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=100219&view=findpost&p=2674128 ;)
[/quote]

Scotland and the United Kingdom have been friends and allies for years. Get your facts right or I shall be forced to begin referring to this Union as nothing more than a, as my lovely ally puts it, skidmark on the earth.

[quote name='Yawoo' timestamp='1301352160' post='2679407']
Scotland and the United Kingdom have been friends and allies for years. Get your facts right or I shall be forced to begin referring to this Union as nothing more than a, as my lovely ally puts it, skidmark on the earth.
[/quote]
[i]"I apologize if my words caused offense, as it happens ourselves and England have been allies since before Scotland gained it's independence. We do forgive them as they were misinformed about our reaction to Austria, but let us not make this about calling each other names, pelase."[/i]

[b]***OFFICIAL IMPERIAL STATEMENT***[/b]

Relations with both Maine and England had been improving up until this point in time. All borders are closed to this new Commonwealth, and diplomatic contact will, from this point forward, consist only of us collect calling you and speaking only if you accept the charges. We cannot believe that a North American nation, one who seemed to be ruled by persons vastly more intelligent than those of the former Idaho-Montana, would willingly put themselves under the yoke of European colonialism once again.

Has the world lost all of their history text books? Have you forgotten that England ruled the North American east coast with oppression for centuries until thousands of brave men spilled their blood so that they would never again have to swear allegiance to the crown? The only thing we will allow through our borders are citizens who know what freedom really is and wish to continue living in it.

To the leadership of Maine... it is hard to believe you ever called yourself an American nation.

Whores.

The people of Maine owe no allegiance to the Crown, they willingly wished to join with England in this Union. They are not a colony, nor are we an American colony in Europe.

There is complete equality between England and Maine on all levels as stated in the above treaty. It also states that should Maine or England wish to leave the Union they are free to do so.

This Commonwealth is Governed by Belfast and London, neither takes superiority over the other.

You have my personal assurance your Imperial Highness England bears no ill will against North America and we will never claim an American territory in the name of England. Not again. The rape by the British Empire in America ended centuries ago and it will not happen again.

[quote name='Chernarussia' timestamp='1301366932' post='2679611']
The Commonwealth of Canada recognises the union of Main and Great Britain. However we are concerned over the growing number of European holdings in North America.
[/quote]

I shall make it clear for you as you missed my earlier message.
We are not a European country with American colonies nor an American country with European colonies.

This is a fully consenting and legal Union of two Sovereign Nations.