Base rights

Centurius

For a long time Athenian power projection had depended on its globally placed allies, while the Federation could effectively enforce its will on the immediate environment it still lacked the solid position of projecting its forces globally. To fix this arrangements had to be made. Written by the Empress herself an official letter would be sent to the Monegasque-Valencian throne.

[quote]To whomever it may concern,

In line with recent Hellenic doctrines and the increased strategic interests of both Athens as Monaco-Valencia I would like to request an official meeting to discuss the potential of leasing a base in New Monaco. I thank you for your consideration in advance.

Yours sincerely,
Her Imperial Highness Ariadne Notaras of Heraclius, Empress of the Eastern Athenian Federation and her overseas territories, Supreme Commander of the Hellenic Forces, Priestess of the Cult of Athena, Speaker of Zeus, Incarnate of Athena, Heroine of the revolution.[/quote]

The Ruling Council replied immediately

[quote] TO: HIH [color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif] [/font][/color][font="Arial"]Ariadne Notaras of Heraclius[/font]
[font="Arial"]FROM: The Ruling Council of Monaco-Valencia [/font]
[font="Arial"]SUB: New-Monaco Lease[/font]
[font="Arial"]LEVEL: *CLASSIFIED LEVEL 5*[/font]
[font="Arial"]
[/font]
[font="Arial"]Respected Majesty, [/font]
[font="Arial"]
[/font]
[font="Arial"]We shall be waiting for your arrival at Marseilles to discuss the possibility of leasing out a small portion of New Monaco for a foreign base. The entire Ruling Council shall be present at this meeting. [/font]
[font="Arial"]
[/font]
[font="Arial"]Yours Sincerely, [/font]
[font="Arial"]
[/font]
[font="Arial"][b][i]His Serene Highness [/i]Albert II [/b]The Sovereign Prince of Monaco, Marquis of Baux, Member of Ruling Council of Monaco-Valencia [/font]
[font="Arial"][b][i]Her Serene Highness [/i]Caroline [/b]The Queen of Valencia, Hereditary Princess of Monaco [/font]
[font="Arial"][b][i]Steward of New Monaco [/i]Jean Paul-Proust [/b][/font]
[font="Arial"][b][i]Minister of State of Monaco [/i]Micheal Rogers [/b][/font]
[font="Arial"][b][i]President of Valencia [/i]Ecco Suarez [/quote][/b][/font]

Only a day after receiving the response a luxurious airplane would depart from Athens International Airport heading for Marseilles. Once arrived Ariadne would greet the delegation that came to welcome her and head for the meeting location.

The Council offices were readied for the meeting. One there the Prince of Monaco led the Empress to her seat.

[b]Jean Paul-Proust : [/b][b] [/b][i]As the Steward of New Monaco and member of this Ruling Council I welcome your majesty to Marseilles. Please do tell us what exactly you want madame? [/i][i] [/i]

Ariadne nodded. "I thank you for this welcome. As for our request, as you know Athens seeks the ability to projects its power globally. These goals have partly been secured with bases along the European side of the Atlantic and the Asian side of the Pacific. However the Americas, which are recently becoming an unstable area, still lack any true base to project our forces. It is because of this that we seek a base that could potentially hold a sizable ground force, air force and navy. The land would not need to transfer to us in any way or form, as long as we can get the permission to build said base and station forces there"

"From our strategic review of New Monaco we have come to the conclusion that Grand Bahama might be the best location, it is reasonably large in size while remote enough to avoid too much effects on the locals. As for the size, our goal is to have it host potentially 100,000-200,000 forces in emergencies and roughly 50,000 regularly. At the same time we plan to have it be able to host an Air Army and fleet should the need for those arise but the latter will be the exception rather than the rule."