Another Farewell Thread

USMC123

Rulers of Planet Bob,

On Saturday, March 27, 2011, Planet Bob lost one of it's oldest members to the dreaded inactivity bug.

Logan of Jews Live Here inadvertently forgot to collect his bills before the 25 days passed and has thus been deleted from the game. Having played for 4.5 years, Logan has accomplished much with his nation. Suffering the loss of a nation he has put so much time into, Logan does not intend on starting over fresh. As such, I would like to take a moment to say farewell to our dear friend.

To Logan: May real life treat you well.

o/ Logan

Very sad. I hope he changes his mind.

Side note: I have always discouraged alliance mates from back collecting a full 20 days at a time for this very reason. The additional 5 days Admin put in before deletion has probably saved the neck of a number of individuals in the period of time since it was implemented, and it is one of the better additions to the game. However, you are always going to have a percentage of people who aren't involved with their alliance mates on a daily basis, aren't actively seeking tech deals or trades, and aren't particularly concerned about being raided or ending up at war, and simply get so distracted by "real life" that Cyber Nations slips their mind for an extended period.

Collecting more often (every 14 days or so) helps to reduce the probably of a "distracted deletion" and it also saves you a lot of panicked searching on IRC channels for that Iron/Aluminum trade you need because just before you were set to collect, somebody in your trade circle got in a stupid fight with an alliance mate, dumped his trades as one last FU, resigned from the alliance and changed team color. No, it hasn't happened to me, but similar has happened enough to alliance mates (alliance mates I had to take pity on and temp them a trade) that it's good advice.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1301314020' post='2679023']
:(
i never got the chance to really to talk to him, guess ive missed out now
[/quote]

He'll still be lurking our forums and IRC.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1301328133' post='2679120']
Very sad. I hope he changes his mind.

Side note: I have always discouraged alliance mates from back collecting a full 20 days at a time for this very reason. The additional 5 days Admin put in before deletion has probably saved the neck of a number of individuals in the period of time since it was implemented, and it is one of the better additions to the game. However, you are always going to have a percentage of people who aren't involved with their alliance mates on a daily basis, aren't actively seeking tech deals or trades, and aren't particularly concerned about being raided or ending up at war, and simply get so distracted by "real life" that Cyber Nations slips their mind for an extended period.

Collecting more often (every 14 days or so) helps to reduce the probably of a "distracted deletion" and it also saves you a lot of panicked searching on IRC channels for that Iron/Aluminum trade you need because just before you were set to collect, somebody in your trade circle got in a stupid fight with an alliance mate, dumped his trades as one last FU, resigned from the alliance and changed team color. No, it hasn't happened to me, but similar has happened enough to alliance mates (alliance mates I had to take pity on and temp them a trade) that it's good advice.
[/quote]

Logan's problem was finding trades. He hadn't been in a complete trade circle for two months iirc.