DOG DoE

goony

for those curious about our name look at the triumvirs and you'll have your answer as to why we picked it. Sorry I picked my nation name over a year ago.

To the question of why we waitewd 2 months: I'm a busy guy and I had to do a lot of research before I could start.

To kingfloaters question: We like our acronym better, plus it strives away from all this "goon critisism"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kingfloater' timestamp='1301285015' post='2678798']
Isn't your AA supposed to be your full name?
[/quote]

As far as I know it's only sanctioned alliances who come under this rule.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1301343251' post='2679293']
Actually which AzN protectorate has ever disbanded? Ther emay be one I just can't recall one at the moment.
[/quote]
Crimson Guard - 1 memeber
Weveria
OMGLGPPP

Kinda sad to think Status Quo aka "Octava Orden Redux" has the most potential out of all of these alliances

Edited by The Pansy

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1301345116' post='2679314']
Crimson Guard - 1 memeber
Weveria
OMGLGPPP

Kinda sad to think Status Quo aka "Octava Orden Redux" has the most potential out of all of these alliances
[/quote]

Ah ok, I didn't actually see Crimson Guard and OMGLPPP as real alliances since they never really got off the ground, but I'll give you Weveria

OMGLPPP and Crimson Guard were not typical protectorates, but those details may be better shared in private. The details of all of our protectorates, past and present, may be discussed in private, if concerned parties truly are concerned, or simply curious.

An alliance can only go as far as its leadership desires to take it, no matter who the protector is. I offer guidance and support when it's requested and necessary, not micro-managing (pun not quite intended) tech farming. I have my own alliance to run, and my own very busy schedule to keep, after all. The protection and assistance offered by the Amazon Territory is meant for anyone who wants to be given an opportunity to try out the hectic life of an alliance leader. If it works, it works. If not, then they are free to try a different path, or try again at a later date. If the leaders of our various protectorates choose to make changes and improvements within the borders of their respective alliances, then they will be free to make all of the improvements and changes they want to make, on their own terms.

I do draw the line at vulgar references or ulterior motives, just to be clear that I do have certain standards when taking any fledgling under our wing.

Truth is, the majority who try ultimately do decide to go a different route, because it's not an easy task--especially for those who already have demanding schedules for various reasons. That's not for anyone else to decide.

These guys are enthusiastic, and have done a lot of work and research already. There may be more left to research and learn, but they'll be able to do so at their own pace under our care.

Thank you all for your questions, comments and concerns so far. ;)

[quote name='Co God Ben' timestamp='1301432963' post='2680139']
Hey I remember you. You surrendered the first day of the war. You know it looks a lot worse when you're the founder and leader of the alliance and you surrender, right?
[/quote]

yeah thats him... i was pretty embarrassed to tell you that we had a guy surrender, as MoD i knew you expected more from the military than people running when the going gets tough.

Most alliances just attack and zi people that sellout and abandon them during war...no not LOSS, we are classier than that....We just belittle the hell out of you. You deserve worse, but take what you can get.

Edited by LordSlade

apologies for that gentlemen. It was only a couple months ago but I had no knowledge on CN polotics and stuff so a surrender didn't look that bad. I was previously a nation that would just collect taxes and buy infastructure, nothing more. I already took heavy damages and was about to get nuked, a surrender looked very appealing in this situation. Again I am sorry, I left like a coward and it was wrong of me to do so. I am far more knowledgable than I was back then and I definately won't make the same mistakes.

[quote name='goony' timestamp='1301438184' post='2680187']
apologies for that gentlemen. It was only a couple months ago but I had no knowledge on CN polotics and stuff so a surrender didn't look that bad. I was previously a nation that would just collect taxes and buy infastructure, nothing more. I already took heavy damages and was about to get nuked, a surrender looked very appealing in this situation. Again I am sorry, I left like a coward and it was wrong of me to do so. I am far more knowledgable than I was back then and I definately won't make the same mistakes.
[/quote]

I'm most interested in what our leadership thinks of this considering that they just let a guy back into our AA the other day when he basically said "I didn't know any better" just as you have said here.

[quote name='legion-x' timestamp='1301434261' post='2680151']
yeah thats him... i was pretty embarrassed to tell you that we had a guy surrender, as MoD i knew you expected more from the military than people running when the going gets tough.
[/quote]

Fragger55

Edited by Cynic

Not everyone follows the politics of the game and knows the repercussions of surrendering quickly. By repercussions I mean to their reputation.

Though, I would NEVER have POW and surrender individually, I also don't condemn those that do. You can call it cowardly all you want, but for some nations, it is the smart, right thing to do. You don't know the situation, Maybe he was going to be inactive and instead of just get destroyed, he decided to surrender so he could fight another time when he was going to be active. Maybe he was just a noob when it comes to politics and war, and didn't realize that surrendering would have a negative impact on his reputation.

From previous posts of his in this thread and other threads, it sounds like he has just recently started learning about the politics of the game. he appears to have put in a lot of effort to learn how politics work so he can run his alliance successfully.

Can we put the past behind us now, and congratulate them on their official existence thread? If not, you shouldn't post in this thread at all.

Again, say Congrats to DOG and I wish you guys the best of luck building your alliance.

[quote name='ace072199' timestamp='1301441533' post='2680235']
You don't know the situation, Maybe he was going to be inactive and instead of just get destroyed, he decided to surrender so he could fight another time when he was going to be active. Maybe he was just a noob when it comes to politics and war, and didn't realize that surrendering would have a negative impact on his reputation.
[/quote]

We do know actually, since it was our AA he ran from. He also just posted his reasons: pixels.

Considering all the aid/support PMs we had flying during the war, choosing the "I didn't know!" easy route is no excuse. Besides, he even said that he planned to reapply after the war until he was told not to bother.

That said, I wish good luck to DOG, just not goony who will run at first sight of a nuke.