Oh Canada

kitex

[quote]
[i]To Whom It May Concer:[/i]

We would like to inquire as to whether or not the Commonwealth of Canada would be willing to begin economic and diplomatic relations with Blue Heaven.

Sincerely,

Dorothy Smith (Blue Heaven Minister of Foreign Affairs)
[/quote]

Edited by kitex

[quote name='Chernarussia' timestamp='1301298612' post='2678955']
When Mr. Athens arrived in St. Johns, he was immediatly driven to the office of the Co-ordinator of Foreign Affairs, where he met with Kate Wilson, the current co-ordinator. "Mr. Athens" she said greeting him, "shall we begin?"
[/quote]

"Indeed Ms. Wilson, but before we start, I must ask, How are you doing on this lovely day?"

[quote name='Chernarussia' timestamp='1301344945' post='2679311']
"well" she replied, "yourself?"
[/quote]

"I am doing good as well. But let's get down to business. Overall, what do you wish to see out of economic relations between our respective countries?"

[quote name='kitex' timestamp='1301352668' post='2679417']
"I am doing good as well. But let's get down to business. Overall, what do you wish to see out of economic relations between our respective countries?"
[/quote]

"Well the Althing belives that free trade between our nations will be benificial to both parties."

[quote name='Chernarussia' timestamp='1301394477' post='2679831']
"Well the Althing belives that free trade between our nations will be beneficial to both parties."
[/quote]

"Who is the Althing? Also, what resources or industries does your nation have?"

"The Althing is the governing body of the commonwealth, it is made up of all citizens and acts as a collective head of state. As for industries, we have yet to set most up, however agriculture and mining are our main industries along with large reserves of Natural Gas in the North Atlantic, and in the Arctic Territories."

[quote name='Chernarussia' timestamp='1301431215' post='2680117']
"The Althing is the governing body of the commonwealth, it is made up of all citizens and acts as a collective head of state. As for industries, we have yet to set most up, however agriculture and mining are our main industries along with large reserves of Natural Gas in the North Atlantic, and in the Arctic Territories."
[/quote]

"We would be quite interested in your natural gas and we would be willing to compensate as we have a large microchip, lumber and chemical manufacturing industry."

[quote name='Chernarussia' timestamp='1301432085' post='2680127']
"Well, I cant promise anything, but a free trade agreement will be put to the Althing for vote, i have a strong feeling it will pass though. Is their anything else you would like to disscuss?"
[/quote]

"Indeed. Your government recently announced that they were taking control of Nunavut. There are lands directly east of Blue Heaven's current borders that are historically Blue Heaven's. This can be confirmed by any number of sources around the world. We wanted to know if it would be possible to get those lands back. Also, in addition to the free-trade agreement, we would also like to have a Non-Aggression Pact with your government."

"We are open to the sceeding of land back to Blue Haven, again it would have to pass through the Althing, but again i am confident that it will pass, furthur more a Non-aggression pact would be well recived in the Commonwealth. everything we have dissucsed will be voted upon on the next few days, and we will send you a reply. Anything else?"

[quote name='Chernarussia' timestamp='1301433916' post='2680149']
"We are open to the sceeding of land back to Blue Haven, again it would have to pass through the Althing, but again i am confident that it will pass, furthur more a Non-aggression pact would be well recived in the Commonwealth. everything we have dissucsed will be voted upon on the next few days, and we will send you a reply. Anything else?"
[/quote]

"No. Thank you though. Have a great day."

[b]A few days later[/b]

To: Blue Haven government
Subject: Dimplomatic Relations

To the government of Blue Haven,

The Althing has passed the non-agressin and free trade agrement and have also agreed to the sceeding of land to Blue Haven, as follows:

[img]http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/aggressivenutmeg/MAAAAP.png[/img]

The Canadian Committee of Foreign Affairs

[quote name='Chernarussia' timestamp='1301446698' post='2680282']
[b]A few days later[/b]

To: Blue Haven government
Subject: Dimplomatic Relations

To the government of Blue Haven,

The Althing has passed the non-agressin and free trade agrement and have also agreed to the sceeding of land to Blue Haven, as follows:

[img]http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac292/aggressivenutmeg/MAAAAP.png[/img]

The Canadian Committee of Foreign Affairs
[/quote]

Reply:

We are grateful for you seceding the land back to us. You have shown yourself to be a just and righteous nation. This will not be forgotten by our people.

Also, the NAP/FTA passed in Parliament as well.

- Roger Smith (Prime Minister of Blue Heaven)