Has RV lost his credibility?

Alterego

272 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1301179396' post='2677532']
I suspect RV mainly throws in things he actually believes when speaking just to make it harder to figure out whether he's actually being serious at any given moment. Most of the time he's very blatantly speaking for reasons that don't necessarily have much to do with his actual opinion, and if you thought he did that's fairly amusing. Especially since he's fairly upfront about the fact that he mainly picks sides based on who it would be more entertaining to side with.
[/quote]

eh, typically I think he usually states his opinion but throws out the fireworks and conviction for show, with some entertaining fake banter and arguments thrown in the mix. That is unless we're talking about the Boiler Room.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1301191016' post='2677722']
eh, typically I think he usually states his opinion but throws out the fireworks and conviction for show, with some entertaining fake banter and arguments thrown in the mix. That is unless we're talking about the Boiler Room.
[/quote]

RV has no opinions. He has truths and contradictions. Nothing more, nothing less.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1301144084' post='2677097']
He is a PoW for 30 days on the GOONs AA. He is not a real member of GOONs. Anyone with a shred of self respect would have done nothing to assist you lot. Like I said anyone who can flip flop so easily [b]doesnt believe their own arguements[/b].
[/quote]
I feel like this implies that you [b]do[/b] actually believe your own arguments, which is really rather scary.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1301190670' post='2677717']
I swear, every time I'm like "you know, the other side really isn't that bad" another thread like this shows up and just shatters my delusion into pieces.
[/quote]
Alterego is, thankfully, not on our side in this war.

-Bama

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1301150486' post='2677144']
Also, null vote in light of the fact that the first two options have a 'When did you stop beating your wife?' feel to them.
[/quote]

This.

You could easily argue it isn't a defection since he left after NSO got peace. He also left in accordance with his governments wishes.

[quote name='Olaf Styke' timestamp='1301242007' post='2678273']
I think we're all thinking the same thing here: What credibility? RV doesn't have any credibility to destroy.
[/quote]

I think of it as more that RV's conception of credibility is so different from that espoused by Alterego that they might as well be speaking different languages.

[quote name='Velox' timestamp='1301143626' post='2677092']
Okay i find this hilarious.
he joined GOONS as part of the agreement and as a member of GOONS he's fighting our enemies.
what should he do with them then?
sit in a circle singing Kumbaya?

You might find it odd,but at War people attack and use cruise missles,tanks,nukes and air attacks and even spies.
[/quote]

Lies. Pure lies. Since when do people use spies? According to the world, spying is wrong.
[img]http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/cat_vs_catdoor.gif[/img]

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1301295415' post='2678936']
Lies. Pure lies. Since when do people use spies? According to the world, spying is wrong.
[img]http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/cat_vs_catdoor.gif[/img]
[/quote]
I guess I should apologize for those DEFCON flips I did...

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1301297416' post='2678950']
It'd be better if he refused to fight for GOONS, got kicked out, and NSO had to pay more reps?
[/quote]

No. What you are describing is also commonly referred to as the "lesser evil". Though in this case, evil is used in a more metaphorical sense for "not very nice". Which is pretty inconsequential on the scale of %£$^ moves being used around here, both materially and morally.

As to the OP, I have always believed RV to be incredible.

Edited by Letum

[quote name='Emperor Whimsical' timestamp='1301300405' post='2678960']
Take him back. Take him. We're giving him back. We traded. We got RV. You can have lawlterego
[/quote]
You would make us do that, when we only just got rid of him? I think this about ends the discussion on whether or not you're worse than NPO. :v:

-Bama