TOOL Announcement

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1301118533' post='2676913']
Wow, I'm behind on my TOOL news. How long has GK not been Lord Captain Guy and how long has Bama been back in gov? :o
[/quote]
Graham stepped down in October. I came back to Planet Bob in December, made Council in January and became HoFA a couple of weeks ago. We've been pretty quiet with announcements though, so I don't blame you for being behind on it. :P

-Bama

Edited by BamaBuc

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1301115683' post='2676816']
If it isn't significant to you, you could just, ignore the thread and move on. Simple

Good luck TOOL
[/quote]
I do follow Europa affairs since they are former allies in a sense. I just get the feeling that PAITs are a symbol of friendship in many cases, seeing one canceled is symbolic of a break in those ties.

That's not to say TOOL and Europa aren't trying to be friends, I'm just analyzing what I see.

[quote name='Velox' timestamp='1301171886' post='2677400']
You're allied to them fyi.
[/quote]He knows, he just doesn't particularly care. And I respect that. Not everyone is obligated to post along treaty lines, though a modicum of respect for direct treaty partners would be pleasant.

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1301181267' post='2677563']
He knows, he just doesn't particularly care. And I respect that. Not everyone is obligated to post along treaty lines, though a modicum of respect for direct treaty partners would be pleasant.
[/quote]

Will my smothering love overwhelm any disrespect?

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' timestamp='1301171505' post='2677390']
Not sure what we ever did to you.
[/quote]

Nothing? I think you're reading too much into my comment. Simply congratulating a friend on sorting out their FA.

If it makes you feel any better, Best of luck to Europa.

He knows, he just doesn't particularly care. And I respect that. Not everyone is obligated to post along treaty lines, though a modicum of respect for direct treaty partners would be pleasant.
[/quote]

Well, in that case, I kind of like TOOL. Not the greatest warriors or anything but they do seem to be there when the going gets tough.

In a way I hope they adjust to the climate of war descending on Planet Bob.

Would admitting the fact that I like GOONS be bad? :unsure: I wasn't aware I had to dislike GOONS. Sardonic is pretty awesome, I hear.

Anyways, there are no hard feelings between Europa and TOOL (I hope) and I do wish the best of luck to Europa.

[/quote]
I am aware that he is not obligated to post along treaty lines.
I seek the respect you mentioned.

TOOL believes in PIATs being a stepping stone to MDoAPs. We don't sign many and we believe in friendship. PIATs are a good way to see whether a treaty has staying power. Many of our current MDoAP partners and past started out as PIATs.

[quote name='O-Dog' timestamp='1301134811' post='2677042']
Typically classy.
[/quote]

The same can be said of just about all of your responses to or directed at GOONS ([url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=100316&st=20&p=2677659&#entry2677659"]this one[/url] not helping your case much). The public conduct clause of our treaty doesn't apply to you though, does it?

I'll skip debating the merits of PIATs and instead wish you both the best of luck post-treaty. I know you'll continue doing well for yourselves, Europa. :)

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1301327354' post='2679115']
The end of the OP did not end in

-Bama

This is a great new beginning for Buc, and more importantly, TOOL.
[/quote]
My name was already in the signatures of that OP. ;)

-Bama

Edited by BamaBuc

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1301274767' post='2678650']
The same can be said of just about all of your responses to or directed at GOONS ([url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=100316&st=20&p=2677659&#entry2677659"]this one[/url] not helping your case much). The public conduct clause of our treaty doesn't apply to you though, does it?
[/quote]

I think (at least in this thread) all of his comments have been in response to a comment by a GOONS member... Usually you have to give a little to get a little...

If one of our current allies canceled on an old friend and one of my members ran into the thread saying it was a "really good" thing, I'd expect some harsh replies from some of their older members; if for nothing more than the sake of nostalgia. It can be hard to part ways with friends, and people poking at that, regardless of who they are, should be expected to draw a response.

That being said, I wish the best to both parties moving forward.

<3 TOOL
Don't know Europa, but I'll give you a solid, o/

Edited by Wu Tang Clan

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1301274767' post='2678650']
[/quote]

I guess it's a case of "Gaze not too long into the abyss, lest the abyss turn its gaze upon you."

Won't lie, I'm very disappointed in TOOL, not that this cancellation really matters though...I mean you're linked a lot more through FEAR to Europa than the PIAT

Edit:

Oh and 'Fantastic' you know Deebo, you know ;)

Edited by CBray