A joint CD, MK and TOP announcement

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1301030798' post='2675812']
I bet it was also the fact that the other signatories agreed it was a violation that did that. Just a wild guess though.

Now if you'll excuse me I have people to oppress.
[/quote]

Was it a violation of the spirit of the agreement? No doubt, but if your writing an agreement and you want it to mean something, maybe write it in the treaty, or not include provisions that could allow the other party wiggle room that you don't want them to have.

I thought that was a pretty simple concept, but obviously those who engineered the original CD peace agreement had difficulty understanding as much.

:wub: Seli
:wub: Pyro
:wub: Carpe Diem

Glad to see you have peace now, Carpe Diem. Come find me when you're allowed external aid, if you need money for rebuilding :) I should be able to help, by then! Edited by Shakyr

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1301019483' post='2675438']
I didn't get the chance to fight any of you but good luck in rebuilding CD

o/ TOP
o/ MK
[/quote]

I didn't get enough NS knocked off to attack you after the first round. I did look though.

Thanks for the good fight to the TOP and Umbrella people I fought.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1301018830' post='2675420']
Ah, forced apologies are the best apologies.[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Cairna, are you happy now you got one day of war?

I'm glad you managed to get out with relatively light terms considering the amount of !@#$ talking that went on about disbandment in your DoW.

Edited by Mayzie

[quote name='Bionic redhead' timestamp='1301011367' post='2675277']
As such, on behalf of Carpe Diem, I sincerely apologise to Nueva Vida, Grand Lodge of Freemasons, We Are Perth Army, Colossus, Quantum, Aurora Borealis, The Foreign Division, North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, The New Guy, The Peoples Community, DDM, Sparta, Farkistan, Mostly Harmless Alliance, PPO, Alpha Omega, Darkfall, Argent and Umbrella for any breaches or adjudged breaches of the peace treaty we signed.
[/quote]

You absolutely didn't break the terms and fully complied to the peace treaty we all signed. But might makes right and of course nobody expected MK and TOP to actually be honest and respectable about it. Congrats on sticking with NSO and I'm sorry you had to bite the bullet on this forced and ridiculous apology.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1301054266' post='2675968']
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Cairna, are you happy now you got one day of war?

I'm glad you managed to get out with relatively light terms considering the amount of !@#$ talking that went on about disbandment in your DoW.
[/quote]

Not really.

Please. People have been threatening to disband CD since....well, nobody has since Karma really. But still.

[quote name='bedeur' timestamp='1301057810' post='2675996'] Congrats on sticking with NSO and I'm sorry you had to bite the bullet on this forced and ridiculous apology.
[/quote]

Yes because apologizing is harder and meanier than paying lot of reps, being a tech farm or be forced to disband, right? God, and you call them Dumbhouse. :lol1:

Congrats to MK and especially to TOP for your victory. o/

Edited by SanderP

[quote name='bedeur' timestamp='1301057810' post='2675996']
You absolutely didn't break the terms and fully complied to the peace treaty we all signed. But might makes right and of course nobody expected MK and TOP to actually be honest and respectable about it. Congrats on sticking with NSO and I'm sorry you had to bite the bullet on this forced and ridiculous apology.
[/quote]

Entering the DH-NPO War was very clearly a violation of terms.

[quote]2. The parties of NV, GLOF, WAPA, Colossus, Quantum, AB, CD, TFD, NATO, TNG, TPC, and DDM agree to not re-enter on any point in the current conflict surrounding NpO or NPO. These parties may defend against an alliance who DoWs (or equivalent) against their treatied allies after these terms are posted.
[/quote]

[quote name='SanderP' timestamp='1301064735' post='2676042']
Yes because apologizing is harder and meanier than paying lot of reps, being a tech farm or be forced to disband, right? God, and you call them Dumbhouse. :lol1:
[/quote]

They're paying reps as well. Also, when you [i]force[/i] an apology, it's not really an apology is it? It's just words they're jotting down on paper so they can get out of the war, the person apologising doesn't mean it otherwise they'd have done it before, in private. I guess what I'm trying to say is that term is just a waste of everyone's time.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1301065042' post='2676047']
Entering the DH-NPO War was very clearly a violation of terms.
[/quote]

Yeah, let's not turn this into another of those threads where you go over and over the same old !@#$ again and again and none of you finish up agreeing because you're on different sides of the war and have a different perspective on things. <_<

Edited by Mayzie

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1301016386' post='2675386']
Hmm, I want to hear HeroofTime's analysis of these terms.
[/quote]

Look what you did... :gag:

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1301030466' post='2675801']
A wonderful example of how the victors write the history.

Because you won, you can call it whatever you like, you can force CD to admit it was, and you can write it down in the history books, but all that doesn't make it true.
[/quote]

You and HoT should go on a comedy tour together.

[quote name='Mayzie' timestamp='1301065180' post='2676049']
Yeah, let's not turn this into another of those threads where you go over and over the same old !@#$ again and again and none of you finish up agreeing because you're on different sides of the war and have a different perspective on things. <_<
[/quote]

But then it wouldn't be the OWF we know, would it?

[quote name='bedeur' timestamp='1301057810' post='2675996']
[/quote]

What does TOP have to do with whether or not their original surrender terms were broken? We defended MK, we didn't take reps, we didn't say anything about breaking terms. Shove off.

[quote name='Richard Rahl' timestamp='1301072707' post='2676114']
What does TOP have to do with whether or not their original surrender terms were broken? We defended MK, we didn't take reps, we didn't say anything about breaking terms. Shove off.
[/quote]

Of course you did.

[quote]
3) Carpe Diem will issue an apology to the signatories of its surrender on the Polar-Viridian Front and to the Mushroom Kingdom for its breach of terms.

[...]

Signed for The Order of Paradox:
GrandMaster Jenko
Grand Chancellor Timberland
Grand Hospitallar Skygreenchick
[/quote]

Good enough?

[quote name='Richard Rahl' timestamp='1301072707' post='2676114']
[/quote]

Your government's signature is on these terms.