A joint CD, MK and TOP announcement

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1301016485' post='2675388']
No, you really don't.
[/quote]
This is the truth.

Though the terms aren't nearly as bad as the joke of an apology. Anyone who uses "MK" and "victim" in the same line is speaking lies and falsehoods. Little thought was put into an "apology" that plays right into the victim card DH and friends have been pathetically using. Bionic foolishly gave you a free ticket to use against the coalition he left behind.

As far as the terms, given how long this war is likely to drag out (and the subsequent delays on the payment of their extortion fees), CD could be under an aid embargo for years to come. It was foolish for them to sign, largely due to that.

That is all I'm going to say on this matter. Any further posts are likely to break the unwritten rule of respecting coalition-mates who leave, and I do wish to sincerely thank the membership of CD for their sacrifice on our behalf, regardless of what I view as poor decisions from their leadership.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1301017972' post='2675408']
This is the truth.

Though the terms aren't nearly as bad as the joke of an apology. Anyone who uses "MK" and "victim" in the same line is speaking lies and falsehoods. Little thought was put into an "apology" that plays right into the victim card DH and friends have been pathetically using. Bionic foolishly gave you a free ticket to use against the coalition he left behind.

As far as the terms, given how long this war is likely to drag out (and the subsequent delays on the payment of their extortion fees), CD could be under an aid embargo for years to come. It was foolish for them to sign, largely due to that.

That is all I'm going to say on this matter. Any further posts are likely to break the unwritten rule of respecting coalition-mates who leave, and I do wish to sincerely thank the membership of CD for their sacrifice on our behalf, regardless of what I view as poor decisions from their leadership.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]First, CD won't be under an aid embargo for years. Even if you all continue this silly fight for that long, MK is going to collect the tech if it continues that long. They have no desire to oppress CD, so they'll be reasonable.

Forget, I'm not going to address any of this. You're just ridiculous.[/color]

This is the truth.

[/quote]

Alright, I'm going to get this out of the way now, and this is my personal opinion, not that of NSO's, however I will say that I'm not alone on this.

Frankly, everything you've said up to this point, HoT, has been detrimental to our coalition's efforts simply because of your severe ineptitude. Literally everything you've said so far has been disrespectful of coalition-mates, simply because you're such a simple target. MK, if nothing else, are at least honorable opponents who fight well. That's more than most of us could say.

I'm just tired of seeing the chest-pounding coming from everyone here, with absolutely no bravado to back it up. You want to talk poor leadership? You shouldn't be targeting CD, because they are invaluable allies. At least we made a god damn dent.

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1301018443' post='2675416']
Alright, I'm going to get this out of the way now, and this is my personal opinion, not that of NSO's, however I will say that I'm not alone on this.

Frankly, everything you've said up to this point, HoT, has been detrimental to our coalition's efforts simply because of your severe ineptitude. Literally everything you've said so far has been disrespectful of coalition-mates, simply because you're such a simple target. MK, if nothing else, are at least honorable opponents who fight well. That's more than most of us could say.

I'm just tired of seeing the chest-pounding coming from everyone here, with absolutely no bravado to back it up. You want to talk poor leadership? You shouldn't be targeting CD, because they are invaluable allies. At least we made a god damn dent.
[/quote]
I am not targeting them, and I expressed my gratitude to their membership. [i]That gratitude is and remains sincere.[/i] They made a great sacrifice and I'm not so stupid as to not recognize that sacrifice for what it is. I'm not upset that CD has left this war, and I would implore you to list just one other post here that could be construed as "disrespectful to coalition mates" since you claim "literally everything" I have said has been.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1301018999' post='2675424']
I am not targeting them, and I expressed my gratitude to their membership. [i]That gratitude is and remains sincere.[/i] They made a great sacrifice and I'm not so stupid as to not recognize that sacrifice for what it is. I'm not upset that CD has left this war, and I would implore you to list just one other post here that could be construed as "disrespectful to coalition mates" since you claim "literally everything" I have said has been.
[/quote]

Frankly, that defense is nothing more than a draw to trolling, something which I refuse to be a part of. Verbally, you haven't said anything, but it's more like your existence is disrespectful. You're more of a laughing stock than anything else. However, calling this a poor leadership decision is rather disrespectful in and of itself, if you most know.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1301017831' post='2675404']
Hey everyone get the $%&@ back! I got my man Cairna's back.

Congrats on peace CD.
[/quote]

Take a look at his war screen. Looks like TOP had his back.

[color="#FF0000"][i][b]*Sigh[/b][/i][/color] Only one day of war...

[quote name='Jake Liebenow' timestamp='1301019175' post='2675433']
Frankly, that defense is nothing more than a draw to trolling, something which I refuse to be a part of. Verbally, you haven't said anything, but it's more like your existence is disrespectful. You're more of a laughing stock than anything else. However, calling this a poor leadership decision is rather disrespectful in and of itself, if you most know.
[/quote]
I am calling only the terms settled on and the wording of the apology "poor decisions" because they both were.

I don't care that they have attained peace, and I respect them for the sacrifices they made on behalf of this coalition.

I'm sorry that the existence of someone with differing opinions is something that offends you so greatly.

I'm glad to see this come to fruition.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1301019607' post='2675441']
I am calling only the terms settled on and the wording of the apology "poor decisions" because they both were.

I don't care that they have attained peace, and I respect them for the sacrifices they made on behalf of this coalition.

I'm sorry that the existence of someone with differing opinions is something that offends you so greatly.
[/quote]
Your decision to continue your prepubescent like rambling is the text book definition of a "poor decision". You and others make the entirety of this coalition look like a damn sham.

Edited by youwish959

[quote name='Bionic redhead' timestamp='1301011335' post='2675275']
1) Carpe Diem agrees to pay 18,000 tech and $150 million to the Mushroom Kingdom. 6,000 tech will come from its top ten nations in peace mode at the time of this surrender. This debt shall not come due until the substantial conclusion of the current global conflict,[color="#FF0000"]or[/color] a time decided by the Mushroom Kingdom.
[/quote]

I'm not here to kick up a huge fuss over these terms, they aren't the worst things ever, though making the top 10 in PM pay 1/3 of the tech is a nice job of kicking them when they are already down. Some of those don't even have that much to begin with. :mellow: I assume the reps are this high because of their re-entry into the DH side of things/breaking terms, but I missed the thread on that so I don't really know much about that. Carpe Diem accepted these terms though, so enough about the reps.

Was there supposed to be an 'or' in there where I put one in red? Otherwise that sentence makes no sense, people don't surrender when their attackers decide they should. ^_^

Congratulations to CD and the others on peace! :)

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1301019607' post='2675441']

[/quote]

As much as I don't care for paying reps, we are not in any way worried about having to wait for the end of the conflict to pay our reps and be free. As such, they're good terms. We'll be back to aiding internally and externally in no time.

Also, obligatory, Lusitan?

:ehm:

[quote name='Mirreille' timestamp='1301020160' post='2675451']
I assume the reps are this high because of their re-entry into the DH side of things/breaking terms, but I missed the thread on that so I don't really know much about that.
[/quote]

Hasn't apparently stopped you from having an opinion on it anyway.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1301018830' post='2675420']
Ah, forced apologies are the best apologies.[/quote]

I would traditionally agree with your sarcastic intent, but I thought Carpe Diem's unique entry into the conflict required a particular recognition. Bionic Redhead, for his part, wrote an apology that retained CD's dignity while recognizing our concern and addressed it effectively.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1301021592' post='2675518']
I would traditionally agree with your sarcastic intent, but I thought Carpe Diem's unique entry into the conflict required a particular recognition. Bionic Redhead, for his part, wrote an apology that retained CD's dignity while recognizing our concern and addressed it effectively.
[/quote]
Bionic Redhead addresses everything effectively.

[color=#1C2837][size=4][quote]1) Carpe Diem agrees to pay 18,000 tech and $150 million to the Mushroom Kingdom. 6,000 tech will come from its top ten nations in peace mode at the time of this surrender. This debt shall not come due until the substantial conclusion of the current global conflict, a time decided by the Mushroom Kingdom.[/quote][/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=4]
[/size][/color]
[color=#1C2837][size=4]Total bs move here.[/size][/color]

I'm not here to kick up a huge fuss over these terms, they aren't the worst things ever, though making the top 10 in PM pay 1/3 of the tech is a nice job of kicking them when they are already down. Some of those don't even have that much to begin with. :mellow: I assume the reps are this high because of their re-entry into the DH side of things/breaking terms, but I missed the thread on that so I don't really know much about that. Carpe Diem accepted these terms though, so enough about the reps.

Was there supposed to be an 'or' in there where I put one in red? Otherwise that sentence makes no sense, people don't surrender when their attackers decide they should. ^_^

[/quote]
It means that MK defines when "substantially concluded" is. It could be when every war we're engaged in ends, it could be when we have only a couple left, it could be when we have many but few actual engagements. Could have just said "you'll pay us when we say so", but it seemed better to put a general idea of when into writing.

This is the truth.

[/quote]
I'm fairly sure at this point that you're just putting words you see on these boards a lot together at random but just for funsies, what victim card are we playing exactly?

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1301020034' post='2675448']
Your decision to continue your prepubescent like rambling is the text book definition of a "poor decision". You and others make the entirety of this coalition look like a damn sham.
[/quote]
I wouldn't be too worried about HoTs posts having that effect. I don't think anyone on either side take him seriously anymore. I'm not even 100% sure he actually does himself at this point.

Edited by neneko

I'm not here to kick up a huge fuss over these terms, they aren't the worst things ever, [b]though making the top 10 in PM pay 1/3 of the tech is a nice job of kicking them when they are already down[/b]. Some of those don't even have that much to begin with. :mellow: I assume the reps are this high because of their re-entry into the DH side of things/breaking terms, but I missed the thread on that so I don't really know much about that. Carpe Diem accepted these terms though, so enough about the reps.

[/quote]

I see it as the equivalent of the NPO forcing surrendered alliances to destroy their military wonders, but worse yet. Just as it took vast amounts of cash and time to build up those wonders, so too did it take the upper echelon of CD a considerable period of time to build up that kind of tech: just longer yet then it took for the nations who had to destroy their military wonders back in the day. But of course, this is a brave new world, where the oppression of the NPO no longer exists. How lucky we are.