FOK Announcement

ArneS

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1301003953' post='2675103']
No we aren't, but they will help us win quicker and easier, why should we not have them join in on the fun?
[/quote]

Aren't you actually opening it up for their other allies to jump in, further escalating the war and prolonging it?

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1301004037' post='2675108']
Aren't you actually opening it up for their other allies to jump in, further escalating the war and prolonging it?
[/quote]

Who else is going to come in ? Unless they breach their surrender terms

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1301003883' post='2675102']
Part of the rationale being presented by those on your "side" for your entry is the unwillingness of the alliances you hit to accept terms that were already on the table for them.

So in this sense, the terms presented have a direct correlation to your DoW
[/quote]

Listen man, whatever circular arguments you people want to keep rehashing over and over again aside, the point is its time to wrap it up and just go home.

No amount of posting will change that.

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1301003163' post='2675077']
So adding more alliances to the war=reducing the war? Doomhouse's rationale gets better by the hour.
[/quote]
It will result in the speedier annihilation of NADC forces and encourage capitulation.

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1301003967' post='2675104']
TOP has never approached NADC about surrender terms, I waited for your gov to come to us
[/quote]

<Jenko[TOP]> okay, well i'll lay down that as an informal offer if you'd like to pass the message on and discuss it

Informal, sure, but Jenko approached DaSupe, not the other way around.

<Jenko[TOP]> basically, it's another peace offer

That one looks pretty formal, not gonna lie.

And then the one time Kochers said that he believed we were interested (We weren't), he did approach you, simply to see if the offer was still standing. When Jenko gave me the offer, I told him I'd have an honorable reply (We never even replied to the other offer), which is why I organized the meeting. It was my intention to decline the offer, but tell MK and TOP that the fight was honorable, we were all having fun, etc., as well as share some NADC poetry. You know, an 'honorable response'. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be there, and apparently some took it the wrong way.

Either way, we've been approached on multiple occasions. MK has approached us once since then, with the tech payments.

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1300996842' post='2674917']
Yes because the 2 alliances involved in this DoW clearly deserved to pay 48,000 tech combined to exit the war right?
[/quote]

And do you think with more people at war with them peace will be easier and less painful, or will they take more damage both on the battlefield and probably at the table too?

Guest avenger218

[quote name='LittleRena' timestamp='1300995201' post='2674879']
Probably has 0 casualties because their nation was refounded and needs to build up funds again.
[/quote]
Correcto

also Timberland, I hailed FOK I didn't put them down :)
270,000 casualties since January isn't what I'd call not fighting, just catching my breath is all :)

o/ FOK

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1300994396' post='2674863']
LOL MK, you need MORE help against NADC? :rolleyes: They must be kicking your asses for you to call in FOK :lol1::lol1:
[/quote]

Or, maybe FOK is tired of the drama and fears the war will prevent new nations from building a solid foundation and will prevent us from getting new players, which will happen if this war doesn't somehow end soon. By putting an even tighter hold on Pacifica 'n Friends, Doomhouse 'n Friends will win the war even quicker, or at least press armed resistance on the fronts that aren't so heavily involved in this war.

On another note welcome to the struggle and happy hunting FOK

o/

Edited by PinkV

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1301004636' post='2675122']
Listen man, whatever circular arguments you people want to keep rehashing over and over again aside, the point is its time to wrap it up and just go home.

[/quote]

You were the one that initially stated TSI and NADC should have accepted the "merciful" terms that were on the table for them and because they did not FoK is now hitting them. I simply stated that 48k tech combined from alliances that are no where near the center of this war is far from merciful. Tromp claims terms have nothing to do with this thread...I revert him back to your initial claims which is what started this whole conversation in the first place.

If there is a circular argument here it most certainly did not originate with me....

Guest avenger218

[quote name='Proximo' timestamp='1301004200' post='2675113']
lol. NADC, you should of thought this out a little more, huh? :v:
[/quote]
FOK has my respect, they gave us a half way decent blitz.
TOP is atleast fighting back, MK where are you guys? It's a war
not 3:00 tea time :P

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1301004636' post='2675122']

[/quote]
We can wrap it up and go home just as soon as your friends give us a reasonable offer.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1301004762' post='2675129']
And do you think with more people at war with them peace will be easier and less painful, or will they take more damage both on the battlefield and probably at the table too?
[/quote]

I believe they knew fairly well that refusing to agree to terms they considered unreasonable would come with the price tag of incurring (and dealing) further damage and found that to be more palatable than the other option available to them.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1300997813' post='2674944']
I don't get how "only NPO's upper tier comes out of peace mode" is extermination. That's literally the issue that's causing them to drag it out. No one else needs to do it.

As for chefjoe, not like you'd hold back.
[/quote]
I have no negotiating power but can you please clarify this statement. Are you saying that if our upper tier nations come out that our allies don't need to and that they would attain peace? A shade of white peace?

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1301004762' post='2675129']
[/quote]
You know, when I saw Impero's reply on page one, I decided not to reply because I was probably reading too much into it.

Now it's clear, though, what flavor of 'diplomacy' that VE2.0 prefers.

While I hope this is just chest puffing and scare tactics, I wouldn't be shocked to see it come to fruition.

[quote name='PinkV' timestamp='1301004950' post='2675134']
Or, maybe FOK is tired of the drama and fears the war will prevent new nations from building a solid foundation and will prevent us from getting new players, which will happen if this war doesn't somehow end soon. By putting an even tighter hold on Pacifica 'n Friends, Doomhouse 'n Friends will win the war even quicker, or at least press armed resistance on the fronts that aren't so heavily involved in this war.

On another note welcome to the struggle and happy hunting FOK

o/
[/quote]

Ha! By calling in more allies in a desperate attempt to defeat your enemies, you are "putting a tighter hold" on us so that you can get new players on Planet Bob? So... the crushing peace terms that you hope to impose is supposed to force out nations to create room for new ones? Cause I know that I sure as hell will never pay any abhorrently outrageous reparations.
At the end of the day, this is just a failure by the supposed great powers of TOP and MK to defeat NADC and TSI. You can word it as "we want our friends to have fun too!" or "we just want to end this faster", but the truth is much more obvious that any of the silly excuses. But please, say whatever helps you justify your inabilities.

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1301005056' post='2675135'][...]
[/quote]
Impero's right though, you can drag all sorts of stuff into this thread that doesn't belong here, but in the end there's little going to change at this point.

We'll be talking to NADC and TSI at one point in the future I'm sure, have some patience. :P

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1301005519' post='2675150']
I have no negotiating power but can you please clarify this statement. Are you saying that if our upper tier nations come out that our allies don't need to and that they would attain peace? A shade of white peace?
[/quote]
No, don't be silly. GOONS asks for reps from anyone who attacks them, regardless of reason. They're not going to change their policy if NPO agrees to DH's reasonable terms.

[quote name='The Crimson King' timestamp='1301005056' post='2675135']
You were the one that initially stated TSI and NADC should have accepted the "merciful" terms that were on the table for them and because they did not FoK is now hitting them. I simply stated that 48k tech combined from alliances that are no where near the center of this war is far from merciful. Tromp claims terms have nothing to do with this thread...I revert him back to your initial claims which is what started this whole conversation in the first place.

If there is a circular argument here it most certainly did not originate with me....
[/quote]

Read what you wrote, and try to wrap your head around the fact that none of it matters. Who is saying what, claims, etc, is only obscuring your view of reality. By encouraging people like NADC to reject reasonable offers that are in front of them, you're hurting, not helping. It would have been prudent to accept when the lenient offer was made, as it was clear your cause was lost. If they did, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. Instead, you people run around all over the place pretending that there is something left that you can do, saying X or Y will never be accepted, etc, and it's only going to get people seriously hurt.

Consider what happens from here on out to be a wake up call. It's over, cut your losses and let it go.

Edited by Il Impero Romano