Do Widzenia

AironthFlamewing

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We do note the North American nations are pushing for something that will hurt the natives the most, war. The simple fact is colony is an overstatement, the former UKIM is still ruled by the same government as before, they are not forced to adapt to Austrian culture and language. In essence nothing has changed. They have just become part of a greater enpire which is headquartered in Europe and their monarch has an European name. A quick memo, all of you do unless English, French and Spanish names no longer are European."

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1301077814' post='2676171']
"We do note the North American nations are pushing for something that will hurt the natives the most, war. The simple fact is colony is an overstatement, the former UKIM is still ruled by the same government as before, they are not forced to adapt to Austrian culture and language. In essence nothing has changed. They have just become part of a greater enpire which is headquartered in Europe and their monarch has an European name. A quick memo, all of you do unless English, French and Spanish names no longer are European."
[/quote]

But did Austria get consent from overwhelming majority of UKIM's citizens instead of just the Parliament? No, and the Parliament may or is incompetent and/or corrupted. Did you not kick out a North American colony that was located in Europe a while back before?

[quote]To: Pravus Ingruo

I'm fairly certain that you are aware of Austria' BS hypocrisy. I am attempting to convince the Legislative to allow Operation Why Can't We? to proceed. We plan on sending some agents to Africa and pull up rigged ballots. We're going to announce that the "majority" of the locals supported the decision to join us and that we're going to setup an African colony to see what kind of reactions we receive. If they whine, then we get to use their whining against them.

I would have preferred Europe, but the only piece of land that is not a sovereign country is is a small chunk of France, though it is a protectorate of United Kingdom and we don't have any diplomatic contact with UK, nevertheless Europe.[/quote]

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1301078307' post='2676186']
"By the simple fact that the complete military has sworn allegiance and that there has been no resistance at all in the territories that should make it obvious the locals do not really mind their new rule"
[/quote]
"And how do you know that the locals are disliking the new leadership?"

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1301078350' post='2676189']
"And how do you know that the locals are disliking the new leadership?"
[/quote]

"I assume you mean how I know they are not liking. Noone can know for sure but as long as they aren't objecting to it in any form it can be assumed they don't mind."

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1301078760' post='2676194']
"I assume you mean how I know they are not liking. Noone can know for sure but as long as they aren't objecting to it in any form it can be assumed they don't mind."
[/quote]
"Do you remember the North American colony that was established on Europe? Did any of the locals complain?"

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1301079118' post='2676199']
"Do you remember the North American colony that was established on Europe? Did any of the locals complain?"
[/quote]

"In fact they did, a war was fought which the locals lost"

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1301079240' post='2676200']
The British Isles weren't run by a dangerously incompetent man child with his hand on a nuclear trigger.

-Executor Ding
[/quote]

"My dear Executor Ding, that can be debated on".

[quote name='Centurius' timestamp='1301079299' post='2676204']
"In fact they did, a war was fought which the locals lost"
[/quote]

"You'll find in the end the locals won".
[quote]
***Classified to UKIWF***

I thank you, our allies, for standing up for this injustice currently taking place on the West Coast. If you wish to move your troops out of Miami in anticipation of an attack, please do so. I would not want to see Irish blood be spilled over an American problem.[/quote]

*Classified Response*

We signed a treaty with you and we intend to stick by that treaty. Our soldiers know of the risks when they chose to volunteer as paratroopers. The United Kingdom will not abandon its ally in their time of need.

Regards,

Richard Dinsmore

Edited by Yawoo

[b]Classified to the PI[/b]

We will of course support any diplomatic solution to the resolution of the crisis. But we won't object to the ending of a regime which has launched aggression against our allies on multiple occasions. May we suggest a meeting at Fort Beihai between the three of us.

Signed,

August Imperator Jia

[b]Classified to the Austrians[/b]

The United Federation of the East is prepared to offer you technical assistance and defensive assurances in respect to the UKIM territories so long as diplomatic avenues are being pursued with the Empire of Pravus Ingruo. May we suggest a meeting at Fort Beihai between the three of us.

Signed,

August Imperator Jia

[quote]
**Classified to the UFE**

A meeting at Fort Beihai would be excellent, if this will prove to the North Americans that Austria does not desire war and is dedicated to a peaceful solution, having Pravus Inguro will only aid our cause. When His Highness, the Emperor of Pravus Inguro arrives, I will be there as well.

~Angelika
[/quote]

The Holy American Empire is many things. A hypocrite is not one of them. We have never fought against foreign occupation of the Americas strictly for that purpose. Indeed, when the first Tahoe Republic attempted to occupy Colstream when it placed itself under the protection of the Byzantine Empire, we were some of the first to declare that action good and proper. An Empire which stands against Imperialism is not an Empire at all. We are sorry to hear from the Empire of Pravus Ingruo that they are disappointed in our choice, but we must stand by not only our friends in the Austrian Empire but our former allies in the UKI-M, and both have spoken for union in this regard.

[quote]Classified:

To United Kingdom:
From Midwest Republic, President Natas:

Would you mind if we could borrow your protectorate up to a month and make lots of noise? We plan on testing Europe's tolerance of colonization on their continent.
[/quote]

[quote]Classified:

To United Kingdom:
From Midwest Republic, President Natas:

Would you mind if we could borrow your protectorate up to a month and make lots of noise? We plan on testing Europe's tolerance of colonization on their continent.[/quote]

Classified Response:

I am unaware of how things are run in the Midwest Republic, but in the United Kingdom when we pledge to protect a land and its people, we do just that. Your request is denied and we suggest your diplomatic corps think before sending further messages.

Sincerely,

Gerard
Count of the United Kingdom

Edited by Yawoo

"If the locals are being "invaded" and "colonized" and if the parliament is but an obsolete institution, then how come that the people are collaborating with us? How come that they do not carry stones, chains, pistols nor molotov bombs? We're here to keep the land going, not to destroy their identity and murder dissidents. I am sure that if the parliament had decided against the Austrian business nobody would have ever criticized them. If anybody at all is to invade the nation, oppress the locals and destroy what they have built, it is other Americans. I advice such nations to think twice before starting not a war but a senseless massacre. Perhaps Austria can later on hold a plebiscite to figure out what it is that the people actually want, that should be able to dispel the propaganda of those who want land and war."

[b]Classified[/b]

First Fleet is ordered into the East Pacific.

Heavy Combat Brigade Teams 4, 8, 9, 11 Medium Combat Brigade Teams 15, 19, 21 Air Combat Brigade Teams 3, 8 are to be deployed to Fort Beihai.

2nd Marine Rapid Response Force is to mobilize at Guam for departure North America

UFE Global Forces are to move to DefCon 3.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1301104223' post='2676587']
Classified Response:

After thinking about it more, I do not plan on sending even a single person to Europe. I planned on simply announcing that we have established a colony in Europe to see how they react and then break out the truth within a week. Are you willing to pretend that you gave your protectorate away so no one will suspect it will be a trap?
[/quote]

Classified Response:

Is this some sort of prank? To whoever this is, you're operating on an official diplomatic channel. Cease your broadcasts or you will face charges in the United Kingdom. If this isn't a prank, then I suggest the Midwest Republic fire their diplomatic corps. The United Kingdom will not allow a nation to use its protectorate territory as some sort of joke/prank/stunt. The United Kingdom will not endanger its people, land or security for a nation we have barely had contact with prior to these broadcasts.

[quote name='Triyun' timestamp='1301093775' post='2676390']
[b]Classified to the PI[/b]

We will of course support any diplomatic solution to the resolution of the crisis. But we won't object to the ending of a regime which has launched aggression against our allies on multiple occasions. May we suggest a meeting at Fort Beihai between the three of us.

Signed,

August Imperator Jia
[/quote]

***CLASSIFIED REPLY***

We will attend.

OOC: Please create a new thread.

[quote][b]Private Transmission to Austria and Pravus Ingruo[/b]

I am glad you have accepted my invitation. I have instructed the garrison commander of Fort Beihai to issue 20 diplomatic credentials to each of your governments and am having the Foreign Ministry's Canoe Bay Guesthouse made available for our talks. My plane will be leaving for the base first thing in the morning. Enclosed in this message are specifics for your logistical teams.

-August Imperator Jia
[/quote]

OOC: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=100337