Do Widzenia

AironthFlamewing

[center]
[b]
Public Notice from the Revolutionary Republic of Vancouver regarding Former-UKIM Lands[/b]

[i]The recent transfer of land, from the United Kingdom of Idaho-Montana, to Austria, has alarmed many people within Vancouver. While we are sincerely grateful to Miss Angelika von Hapsburg for her role in ending the Vancouver War, we, the people of Vancouver, and myself especially, must implore that the recent acquisitions of former-UKIM land be turned over to a stable North American nation.

The proto-colonization of North America cannot be accepted; Vancouver will stand against it at all times, as well as colonization in other parts of the world. While you may have the most respectable and well-wished intent, we cannot idly stand by as this happens. We, and I, hope that some form of diplomatic agreement can be reached between North American nations and Austria, to preserve the well-being and stability of the denizens within former-UKIM.

Signed,
First President of the Revolutionary Republic of Vancouver,
James West[/i]
[/center]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of recently, the government of Norsvea would like to remind belligerent nations of our defense of the citizens of Vancouver, BC and Portland. If any harm should come to the citizens of these cities, it will be seen as an attack on our nation.

Edited by Vince Sixx

**Classified**

Under the guise of regular trade and civilian traffic the First Army was deployed to the new holdings of the Austrian Empire. The Second Fleet would continue its approach secretly requesting permission from the Austrian Empire for permission to move through their waters.

"My Brothers and Sisters from all the World, I am Karol Jozef Wojtyla, Leader of the Catholic Church of the Former United Kingdom of Idaho-Montana, I urge you my brothers and sisters to a peaceful recourse. No need of pain and anger need be here. The people have made their choice and we are now under the banner of Austria. Respect our decision we ask of you.

[quote name='graniteknight' timestamp='1300932204' post='2674264']
"My Brothers and Sisters from all the World, I am Karol Jozef Wojtyla, Leader of the Catholic Church of the Former United Kingdom of Idaho-Montana, I urge you my brothers and sisters to a peaceful recourse. No need of pain and anger need be here. The people have made their choice and we are now under the banner of Austria. Respect our decision we ask of you.
[/quote]
"The viewpoint of a single person is hardly the viewpoint of an entire nation."

[quote name='Vince Sixx' timestamp='1300930641' post='2674227']
As of recently, the government of Norsvea would like to remind belligerent nations of our defense of the citizens of Vancouver, BC and Portland. If any harm should come to the citizens of these cities, it will be seen as an attack on our nation.
[/quote]
[quote name='PresidentDavid' timestamp='1300931153' post='2674240']
The United States of The Islands would like to remind the rest of the world that Austria is in several treaty organizations that would have alarms going off if a rock was even thrown 10 miles from the border of Austria.
[/quote]

Unless the USI and Norsvea are psychic and are capable of seeing belligerence in the future, Scotland wishes to know the point of these statements other than dick-waving.

[code]
**Private**

To: The Hon. President Simon Pegg of Maine
HG Maria Angelika von Hapsburg of Idaho-Montana

Your request for a meeting would be most acceptable in Belfast.
Both my sister and I will be on the first plane to Maine and
hopefully garner relations between Austria and your country
so that our existence in North America can be a peaceful one.
I look forward to the discussion and wish you well in the time
being.

-Maria
[/code]

[quote]
The First Proclamation in regards to the Status of the United Kingdom of Idaho-Montana:

While the world has listed their opinions on the transfer of power of the United Kingdom to the Austrian government, I will do my best to address these concerns as best as I possibly can. Firstly, I can assure the world that this transfer of power was legitimate as the United Kingdom's very parliament were the people who managed my ascension to the throne of Idaho-Montana as her Grand Duchess. In addition, it was decided by parliament that given the status of the United Kingdom's economy and the ties between myself, King Franklyn, and the Hapsburg Monarchy, it was best to begin to push for Austrian ownership of the territory. Contrary to the world's opinion of the state of the Austrian homeland, Austria has come out of a recession and is growing through its largest growth the country has seen since the reign of my Grandfather, Emperor Alexander the First. While there is a great amount of work ahead of the Empire, I can assure both my subjects and the world that Austria will do whatever is necessary to bring prosperity to her overseas territories. Austria's wealth is universal, her wealth is that of her allies and her allies is that of her, where the United Kingdom fell because it was unable to create diplomatic relations with their neighbors and nations beyond the sea, friendship and trade are principles Vienna takes to heart.

Continuing on, many of the North American nations, in addition to Pravus Inguro have shown little more than disgust for the people and the leadership of the United Kingdom. The ties build over time of being close to King Franklyn and the people of the United Kingdom, they can rest happily knowing that a friend and ally is watching over their heads. That said, if the leadership of Pravus Inguro would like to meet in Seattle, I would be more than welcoming to the idea, Emperor Thomas Atkinson-Asgeirsson is a well met ally who I hope to eventually bring to the table in regards for furthering relations between our Empires.

Finally, Austria will not be bullied by words of warmongers. Leaders have come up for discussion on the future of our holdings in North America. However, if we are simply attacked for recognizing the request of our brothers and sisters, then the Empire will call whatever forces it has and those of its allies and prepare for total war. We are diplomats first, but we will fight if our neighbors seek war.

-Grand Duchess Angelika von Hapsburg
[/quote]

The cycle of things in the world must change and change now. So far the only thing that has happened is that Austria has been given this land. So why do we already have countries arming for war? The rest of the world calls that kind of reaction a European condition, but truthfully violence and impatience have no borders.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1300933208' post='2674278']
Unless the USI and Norsvea are psychic and are capable of seeing belligerence in the future, Scotland wishes to know the point of these statements other than dick-waving.
[/quote]

Dick-waving is the national sport of Norsvea.

[center]
[b]Statement from the Revolutionary Republic of Vancouver regarding former-UKIM[/b]

[i]The cause for alarm is due to two potent facts about the recent 'transfer' of land: 1) That Austria is a world away from the current proto-colony, and 2) Austria is European. A political or military base on another continent is harmless, for the most part, but complete control over over such large tracts of American land, by a non-American nation, is unacceptable. The former lands of the UKIM are American - not Austrian. Austrian legitimacy and authority within former UKIM lands is negligible, at best.

Though Pravus Ingruo, or many other American nations, may not have been on the best of terms with the UKIM, they no doubt wish nothing more than the well-being of the populations that reside within the formerly owned land. The idea that American nations may not have agreed or liked the UKIM government does not validate, or indicate, the idea that other American nations wish bodily or mental harm to the people of former-UKIM.

Not only that, the blatant hypocrisy of a nation as prestigious as Austria disturbs me, greatly. Was it not Europeans, and later on Americans, that pushed for anti-colonial policies? Was a war not fought, merely a few years ago, to end an American colony on European soil? The fact is not that you, or the Austrian government, are unable to rule, or more preferably supervise, the land that has been gifted to you by the UKIM government, it is the fact that you should not be allowed to rule the land that has been gifted to you.

Signed,
First President of the Revolutionary Republic of Vancouver,
James West
[/i]
[/center]

[quote]Dispatch from the United Federation of the East:

Due to the special circumstances under which this acquisition occurred, namely the true lack of any sort of competent government to administer the United Kingdom of Idaho and Montana, the United Federation of the East believes that a stable transition under the Hapsburgs is the best solution which can be administered at this time.

[center]Signed:[/center]

August Imperator Jia[/quote]

The First Army gradually reached the North American holdings of the Austrian Empire with the Second Fleet in position already. The total force was to be divided over the land with a large percentage of the soldiers in important places.

The Germanic Troops arrive sometime later. Once there, they begin to act rather as military police and to safeguard at least the bare bones of the state institutions. In a word, they're trying to prevent anarchy from destroying what infrastructure the country has got, therefore they scatter in a number of groups. They have also brought in a number of supplies for the civilians, in fact, a permanent convoy is established between amsterdam-hamburg and "Vinland" as the soldiers have decided to call the region. At first these are destined to cover humanitarian needs, but later they bring around other supplies, such as fuel, needed to kickstart the industry of the region back into working order so that it will soon be able to be a self-sufficient territory.

Almost immediately, schools are made to start again, and hospitals are [i]forced[/i] to remain active. Once that the police forces reorganize, businesses will be taken care of.

"Our Soldiers and Warriors are here to show that what can be used for kill, can also in turn be used to help a wounded nation recover from a collapse."

OOC: Really, [i]really[/i] didn't want to break my lock until I have my laptop back, but it seems I leave for two days and all manner of hell breaks loose on my continent. So, consider this breaking lock. But be warned... activity will not be very much this weekend or into mid-next week (when I expect to get my laptop back).

IC:

[b]**Private***[/b]

"This is an act of war, Thomas!" A glass shattered against the map of North America that hung on the far wall. A knife had already been run through the name of "United Kingdom of Idaho-Montana". Now that there was really no further use for the knife, besides throwing it against the wall repeatedly, things that would more satisfyingly break were being thrown. "For too long we have held "America for Americans". And I will be damned if that policy weakens under your watch."

Thomas leaned back in his black high-backed chair. He watched the former Emperor rant against him, rail against, what he called "the filthy &#$@-sucking Europeans who got their current position by being &#$@-suckers." His hand folded in front of him, he watched as Harland continued to trash his former, and Thomas' current, office.

"Thomas, please listen to what Harland is saying, even if he is simply raving at this point. The Empire has long stood, in every generation, against European expansion into America. The fact that we will not become a colony-station again. We cannot allow Austria to swallow up such a wide swatch of American land without batting an eyelash. What then would become of other North American nations when they, inevitably, die? With the FRA become English? The Midwest Republic Sri Lankan? Alaska Chinese? We are teetering on the edge of a slippery slope, son." Regent Sinclair spoke in a much softer tone, but his words were no less firm with the young Emperor.

"Back in my day, if any European country tried to start in on our continent, a united America..." The former Emperor was cut off by his successor.

"What united America, Michael?" The shouted question, coupled with the former pilot's quick ascension to standing caught both older men off guard. "What mother$%&@ing united America? Don't you see, we're all that's left. Tahoe is gone. The Holy American Empire has handed the former United Kingdom to Austria on a silver platter. The FRA is silent. There have been protests from other nations but... $%&@, even our own allies in the UFE had rolled out the welcome mat for the Austrians. And now their treaty partners are moving in forces? What are we supposed to do, Michael? What are we supposed to do, Sinclair? Nuke the Austrian capital?"

"If necessary, yes."

"My god, Harland, it's a wonder you didn't kill us all when you led this place. Nuking the capital... our nation would be glass, occupied, and we wouldn't exist within the month. Your age has made you blind." Thomas turned his back to them and looked out the window over Long Island, where the President's temporary residence still remained while Washington, D.C. was being reconstructed. "[i]I[/i] will handle this my [i]own[/i] way, not your way. Circumstances have changed, gentlemen. We must change with them, or risk becoming like so many others have... obsolete."

[b]***Imperial Statement***[/b]

The acquisition of the former United Kingdom by Austria has not gone unnoticed by the Empire. For a long, long time, the Empire has been the standard-bearer of an "America for Americans" policy, and that has not changed with a new regime. While the policy might be more flexible under my rule than previous administrations, it does not mean it is totally gone. Land on the periphery of the continent... Greenland... northern Canada... extreme eastern Canada... these are areas that I would be willing to bend on, to compromise on, especially if they were smaller areas.

But swallowing up a vast area of North American heartland is unacceptable. These are the people of Tahoe, who fought for their independence in the 1800s and continued to fight for their independence even after they knew defeat was inevitable. These are Americans, through and through, not Austrian or European by any stretch of the imagination. The only thing the people of the former United Kingdom have in common with Austria, is that who they are and who the Austrians are both start with the same letter. They are American. You are Austrian. Leave them be.

To the European nations of the world, I wish to thank you for showing yourselves to be the true hypocrites that you are. Over 50,000 men were killed not long ago over a war against American colonialism in Europe. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions, have spilled their blood to make sure American did not turn into a colony farm of Europe again. Have you taken leave of your senses? Have you forgotten your own history? Your foreign policy is obviously one of "don't !@#$ in my backyard, but if you want to go over there and !@#$ in his, that is fine by me". Filthy, disgusting pigs, the lot of you. You should look to the United Kingdom of Ireland, Wales, and France, and Scotland, for they seem to know and remember their history.

To the American nations of our continent, we must stand up as a unified America against this foreign threat. To the Holy American Empire, I ask have you forgotten who you are? Have you forgotten the great purge of European nations from our lands? We fought as brothers then, and we are brothers now. But brothers do not roll out the welcome mat for an intruder and let them waltz into their home unmolested. A brother would fight to keep the intruder out, through any means necessary. To say that you have disappointed us would be a vast understatement.

To Austria, it does not concern us that the Parliament of the former United Kingdom gave you the land. The Parliament is, and always was, just as incompetent as both of their rulers. We will not meet in Seattle. This is our continent, not yours. If you want to meet to discuss matters of state concerning our continent, you will come to us. You are the intruders here, you would be the "guests", not the other way around. The meeting will be had at a place and time of our choosing or it will not be held at all.

The Empire will pursue all diplomatic avenues to resolve this matter peacefully. But if all of those diplomatic avenues are exhausted with no progress towards our goal, then we will take the only avenue left open to us and engage in a war to free our American brethren and push the Austrians off our continent and back to theirs where they belong. The blood of our forefathers was not spilled simply to have their hallowed ground spat upon.

Signed,
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/That_Bum/thomasatkinsonasgeirsson.png[/img]

[b]***Classified to UKIWF***[/b]

I thank you, our allies, for standing up for this injustice currently taking place on the West Coast. If you wish to move your troops out of Miami in anticipation of an attack, please do so. I would not want to see Irish blood be spilled over an American problem.

Signed,
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/That_Bum/thomasatkinsonasgeirsson.png[/img]

[b]***Classified to UFE***[/b]

I ask that you cease recognition of this move, and help to find a solution that makes Austria leave the continent, or at least such a wide swath of it, rather than support their desire to stay. Such an action is very detrimental on our relationship as you are directly countering our foreign policy. I hope you would reconsider.

Signed,

Edited by Pravus Ingruo

[quote name='Germanic Republic' timestamp='1300954038' post='2674517']
The Federal Republic does not recognize this change as legitimate, at this time.
[/quote]
"I second this. Europe was hostile to North American colonization and now Europe is pushing for colonization on our land? Does that mean that a North American country can now establish a colony on Europe now without being stomped flat?"

-President Natas

The Slavorussian Empire holds to our belief imperialism and colonialism when practiced with the consent and collaboration of the locals is acceptable. Austria enjoys the confidence of the UKIM’s public and that is enough for us to stand behind them. This has been our policy all along.

The message from the Empire of Pravus Ingruo clearly shows their desire to go to war. If their government was so keen on using diplomacy to settle this matter then it wouldn’t matter where or on what terms the meeting is held. What should matter is hatching out an agreement as quickly and efficiently as possible, so everyone can calm down. However Pravus Ingruo is already trying to “exhaust” the available diplomatic avenues by stonewalling the Austrians and forcing them to meet on hostile terms. We cannot support any decision that arises from the Austrian government being strong-armed into submission.

[quote name='Justinian the Mighty' timestamp='1301064902' post='2676046']
The Slavorussian Empire holds to our belief imperialism and colonialism when practiced with the consent and collaboration of the locals is acceptable. Austria enjoys the confidence of the UKIM’s public and that is enough for us to stand behind them. This has been our policy all along.

The message from the Empire of Pravus Ingruo clearly shows their desire to go to war. If their government was so keen on using diplomacy to settle this matter then it wouldn’t matter where or on what terms the meeting is held. What should matter is hatching out an agreement as quickly and efficiently as possible, so everyone can calm down. However Pravus Ingruo is already trying to “exhaust” the available diplomatic avenues by stonewalling the Austrians and forcing them to meet on hostile terms. We cannot support any decision that arises from the Austrian government being strong-armed into submission.
[/quote]

There is zero evidence that the [i]people[/i] of the former United Kingdom support this move. The parliament, long as incompetent as the rulers of the nation, made the decision.

The Empire has no desire to go to war. We have long stated that North American peace is our goal, and we have, in fact, demonstrated our desire to maintain peace up to and including military intervention a number of times. Austria is the foreign invader on American soil, not the Empire. Negotiations about American matters will be held in American cities, not cities occupied by foreigners. Our offer to the Austrians stands.