An Announcement From The Mushroom Kingdom Technical Staff

bros

[i]Picture a dusty office, stacked high with papers and keyboards, then you see me sitting on a throne of monitors[/i]

Okay now that I am done with the odd sentence my brain wanted me to type up, why did I post this topic?

Some of you may have noticed downtime last night on the MK site (lasted about 10 hours)

Essentially, the host locked us out of the server after our database went a bit crazy because two of the database tables crashed (don't worry, they weren't important tables and all data was recovered).

So now we are off kamichi's webhosting (evohosting.co.uk), we bid him adieu. For now, www.thecastlehall.com will redirect to our new boards at http://thecastlehall.no-ip.org/boards and we will be getting a new domain after the war.

We are now on a Virtual Private Server (a VPS from linode). It is groovy.

If you notice any errors or missing images or anything, yell at me and i'll fix it.

Signed,
bros
[img]http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj125/delendumk/seal-castellan.png[/img]

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1300742533' post='2672562']
Well, this sucks. Kamichi still going to hang out at the new forums location?
[/quote]

I dunno? Ask him?

We transferred because we've been a bit.... cramped in the old hosting for a while now.

[quote name='Vampiro' timestamp='1300757107' post='2672772']
Good luck with the move gentlemen. Glad you didn't lose anything of importance.
[/quote]

the only tables that glitched during the first transfer were the error log and the PMs. Luckily all of the PMs were recovered

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1300752559' post='2672710']
Awesome, I was coming to check on the status of my Nordreich diplomatic application from nearly 2 weeks ago and noticed the forum was down. I thought you guys had been couped or hacked. :ph34r:
[/quote]
we're never going to fill those mask requests :(

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' timestamp='1300764954' post='2672890']
As long as nothing happened to Xavii's thread. :ph34r:
[/quote]
Ah, so you care about the more important things in life :P

(I think that if the whole forum went down, that thread would be recovered first. :P)