The Guns Fall Silent Once Again

King James XVIII

[size="4"][center]After a fun and throughly enjoyable battle peace is to occur at 1AM Server time. I would like to give a shout out to our friends at BFF and DR that helped coordinate with us.
:wub: War

Signed,

King James XVIII
Burning Glory
TPC King Cobras

Dirt Nap
BFF

StevieG, Quackmaster
RePePe, Lord High Imperial Constable of his Majesty's Ducks
Dom Zak, Imperial Constable of his Majesty's Ducks
Aggierebel96, Imperial Constable of his Majesty's Ducks
FlashDude, Imperial Constable of his Majesty's Ducks

Hetfield
tW
KOwens06, Wearer of Half-shirts

Gon
Destructor Fleets

Richard VII
The Flying Kiwis[/center][/size]

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1300687026' post='2671953']
o/ Peace (for now, I guess.)
[/quote]

Note how I didn't say I was gonna put my guns away. You never know when you are gonna need 'em lol.

fun fight. the triple update quad declares just before peace time seemed unnecessary and petty. What [i]was[/i] the reason for the 1am peace time instead of the usual by update? Seems unfair to those that can't get in their share of attacks.

[quote name='scytale' timestamp='1300719510' post='2672242']
fun fight. the triple update quad declares just before peace time seemed unnecessary and petty. What [i]was[/i] the reason for the 1am peace time instead of the usual by update? Seems unfair to those that can't get in their share of attacks.
[/quote]

A good reminder.

If you want a fight old fashion style with honor and what not, declare war a day before and say it starts and ends on certain day... Talk to KJ, and if he clears it then we can meet in the middle of the field and have your fair jousting match.

only reason anyone has to hate on us for going after 1am, is (TPC team work > your sides team work). So ya naturally were a nasty bunch at reset, and if your gunna declare war on us were gunna hit ya with everything we got.

Edited by Alexander The Second

[quote name='Alexander The Second' timestamp='1300720477' post='2672256']
A good reminder.

If you want a fight old fashion style with honor and what not, declare war a day before and say it starts and ends on certain day... Talk to KJ, and if he clears it then we can meet in the middle of the field and have your fair jousting match.

only reason anyone has to hate on us for going after 1am, is (TPC team work > your sides team work). So ya naturally were a nasty bunch at reset, and if your gunna declare war on us were gunna hit ya with everything we got.
[/quote]
So what you are saying is that the 1am stop was because there were players upset and we had to appease them. Gotcha.

Just wanted to know the reason. Thanks.
:)

man I don't remember OP complaining about 1am stopping time. Was the attack after reset on you?

Next time why not just negotiate a different time, or better yet just don't pick fights with TPC... cause well, we roll hard, fast and together.

[quote name='scytale' timestamp='1300721404' post='2672272']
So what you are saying is that the 1am stop was because there were players upset and we had to appease them. Gotcha.

Just wanted to know the reason. Thanks.
:)
[/quote]

less QQ more pew pew.

[quote name='scytale' timestamp='1300719510' post='2672242']
[/quote]
I was actually talking about this last night on our IRC channel with KO and others. The reason why I prefer a 1am ending instead of an update ending is for two reasons. First, in my experience saying that a war ends at update is too ambiguous on both sides. There will be those that peace too early or attack too late. Saying something ends at 1am instead of update lets players know that there is one more update to get shots in and I expect members on both sides to fight their hardest. Secondly, tailing on that, allowing attacks until 1am allows those on both sides to get in final attacks if they are not on right at update without carrying the war too far out into the day.

The downside of this however is if people peace too early or just decide that its not worth it to fight another update their nation will get hurt. Unlike the OP war, there were no new declarations between update and 1am on either side, which I saw as a respectful sign. That means the only damage that was done was between people already fighting.

TPC did not advocate for the 1am ending (which was accepted by the other side btw)out of malice. We did so because we liked using it the first time during the OP war and thought it was a much easier way to end any war.

Edit: Took out double quote

Edited by King James XVIII

When I declared, I declared tried to declare 5 minutes before update, and not start attacking until after update. Did that since I was down-declaring, I didn't think I needed a quad blitz. I think I was supposed to be a reserve, but I was given the targets of an inactive Kiwi (who was 3,000 NS smaller than I was :P )

I had to re-roll and lose my casualty count, because I was hopelessly in bill-lock. I had a fairly decent $1.5 mil warchest, but I spent it all on planes when that nuclear Cobra DoWed on me :facepalm: I've been in TE since Round 9, and I still do stuff like that occasionally :P

Nothing wrong with the way the Defending Team handled it, I think. No special terms were specified before the war, and the 1 AM time was agreed to by both sides, so whatever strategy each group chooses to fight by is legitimate. I think that kind of war is better for everybody - the less you question the other side's honor, and the more you focus on just playing (whatever the game throws at you), the more fun you can have. A lot of what people on the forum call "dishonor," I like to look at as just another challenge (they'll do what they can to beat you, you do what you can to beat them). :)

Thanks for the fight, Cobras, Ducks, and Friends. My citizens are grateful always.

[img]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f28/RichardVII/nuclearanniversary-2.jpg[/img]

(took that screenshot in Round 8, but hey :P )

Edited by Richard VII

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1300727784' post='2672337']
I was actually talking about this last night on our IRC channel with KO and others. The reason why I prefer a 1am ending instead of an update ending is for two reasons. First, in my experience saying that a war ends at update is too ambiguous on both sides. There will be those that peace too early or attack too late. Saying something ends at 1am instead of update lets players know that there is one more update to get shots in and I expect members on both sides to fight their hardest. Secondly, tailing on that, allowing attacks until 1am allows those on both sides to get in final attacks if they are not on right at update without carrying the war too far out into the day.

The downside of this however is if people peace too early or just decide that its not worth it to fight another update their nation will get hurt. Unlike the OP war, there were no new declarations between update and 1am on either side, which I saw as a respectful sign. That means the only damage that was done was between people already fighting.

TPC did not advocate for the 1am ending (which was accepted by the other side btw)out of malice. We did so because we liked using it the first time during the OP war and thought it was a much easier way to end any war.

Edit: Took out double quote
[/quote]
Thanks Jim for the info.

The attacks to my nation came in starting 11:42:43 PM by three members of TPC and was successfully quaded (That was a very nice quad by the way. Love the coordination :awesome: ). One of the reasons for declare was "Not over yet" which shows they knew peace was coming. This pretty much give anyone that isn't up at update no chance to hit them back at all. Well, we all play the way we want and I for one is not going to force the way I like on anyone. I just felt like I was being targeted on purpose just to do damage with no chance to hit back due to peace. No hurt feeling on my end. I just wished I could have sent at least a few cruise missiles and a few bombing raids. I still have over $5mil just burning for some war. :ehm:

Perhaps a noon stop next time?

Edit for grammar

Edited by scytale

[quote name='scytale' timestamp='1300737821' post='2672470']
Perhaps a noon stop next time?
[/quote]

Good to know there are no hard feelings. I am certainly open to extending the peace time in the future to ensure that more people are able to get in on the action--perhaps with the only restriction that new wars are not declared between update and the end time of the war. This is only the second time i've done it and I see it as a better way to end a war.

[quote name='King James XVIII' timestamp='1300740119' post='2672516']
Good to know there are no hard feelings. I am certainly open to extending the peace time in the future to ensure that more people are able to get in on the action--perhaps with the only restriction that new wars are not declared between update and the end time of the war. This is only the second time i've done it and I see it as a better way to end a war.
[/quote]
There's one war (don't remember who we fought) where we set an end date for any new declares while the fighting would continue until all the wars naturally expired. Peace could be had between each individual nations if they wished since we weren't looking to beat each other out of the game. It was a really fun war. I think the war lasted nearly two weeks so better get your war chests ready. ;)