Notice of Disbandment

[center][img]http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu8/AlexanderTheGreat2009/AnathemaFlag.png[/img][/center][center][b][i][size="3"]Lex Talionos[/size][/i][/b][/center]
[center][size="5"][b][u]Disbandment Announcement[/u][/b][/size]
[/center][center][size="3"][i]From the ex-Sapienti of Wisdom[/i][/size][/center]

I'd like to start this by recounting my words from a separate announcement on the recent issues of Anathema, events that I have taken to calling the 'Anathema Scandal'. Seems rather fitting, don't you think?

Anyway, my words..

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1299930496' post='2661400']
I'm not entirely sure what to say here to be honest. I guess I'll keep it short and sweet (or sour, whichever way you look at it).

Kev, when you hunted me down and asked me to join Anathema, I could not have been more ecstatic.

We seemed to have fantastic long-term objectives, an excellent brotherhood of a government (I don't care what anyone says..Rebirth, DT, Crazy- all superb guys) and it looked like we were really in it to have some fun. I personally, had an opportunity to create something spectacular with a group of like-minded thinkers. I'd like people to bear in mind, that at this point, I had zero clue that any talk of utilising spies had taken place.

Now, when DT did come to me with the information that there was spying going on, alarm bells went off in my head; I was forced to rapidly re-consider everything I had been supporting for the past two or three days. I found myself rather humbled, since before the new data came to light, I was of the firm belief that Anathema was [b]not[/b] using spies. [b]At all[/b]. It's embarrassing, to say the least.

For what it's worth, I would like to apologise formally to a few people, namely:

Members of Anathema - I am truly sorry that this incident has come to pass. We were attempting to make Planet Bob a better world, yet we have crumbled in failure due to the sordid efforts of a few, at the expense of the many. I wish each of you luck in your future endeavours, perhaps we'll meet again in the same alliance, to change the world once more.

Members of the League of Small Superpowers - I don't know many of you personally, but from what little interaction we did share, I can safely say you are fantastic allies. I encourage anyone who respects and treats LoSS as a friend, to pursue a treaty with them- you won't regret it. I apologise for the stain that Anathema may have brought upon your image, believe me when I say that this was not the intention of the majority of us in Anathema. Good luck old friends.

Members of said alliances that have been spied on - Surprising, I know, but as much as I despise GOONS/GOD, I would hate to cheat and use spies rather than taking them out legitimately. I apologise to both alliances on behalf of the better members of Anathema for whatever attempted spying actions were accrued against you. We do not condone such actions. I apologise to Legacy for the same reason. Agreed, while I cannot find any particularly good reason for you to be spied on, it does not excuse the fact that you were spied on, or attempted to be spied upon. I am honestly sorry.

I announced my own resignation from Anathema yesterday, with a heavy heart. It would seem as though egos got in the way of a beautiful thing. [s]Kevanovia, I know you're a good politician at heart, but this was simply one step too far. Nonetheless, I hope you can create something big for yourself one day, just keep trying brother, you'll get there sooner or later[/s].

Auf wiedersehen folks.[/quote]

Yes, you'll notice I have striked out the penultimate sentences of that text. This is because I now firmly believe that Kev is a !@#$%^& who is quite content with throwing his supposed "brotherhood" under [s]the bus[/s] an eighteen-wheeler truck without clear regard for the consequences. To use a quote from someone I think quite highly of: [i]"The only basic human right is the right to do as you damn well please. The only basic human duty, is the duty to take the consequences." [/i]Fair enough Kev, props and all for doing as you damn well please, but I think you forgot about the consequences part. The best advice I can give to you now would be to turn away from this planet and run far and long, because if it's not me gunning for you (where's my tech?) it will be someone else. I guarantee you that.

Ladies and gentlemen, be under no illusion; the original idea behind Anathema was not what it's [i]real[/i] members wanted it to be. Government members like myself, Dark Temptation, Rebirth, Doeroler, Daggarz and the general membership of Anathema wanted nothing to do with spying- hence why we scattered to the four winds when evidence came into the light. Certainly, Dark Temptation at least was privvy to some of it, but as he has already explained, he attempted several times to get Incitatus to drop the whole operation, without success. No, the idea [i]we brought with us[/i] was that Anathema would become the spearhead for an extensive tertiary power sphere, with varying levels of linkage to the New Pacific Order's side of the treaty web and the Mushroom Kingdom's side of the treaty web but remaing largely independent. As Incitatus put it quite well, the intention was to "shake things up a bit".

Many of you may argue that we are at war and that we already have sufficient drama as it is. You know what? I agree! We have massive amounts of carnage and bloodshed, and so much popcorn lying around that you could jump off a four-storey building and land quite safely on a pile of it. But what comes after? What happens when this war is over? Does one side simply go back to the same old rebuilding process, rebuilding and rebuilding, waiting for the inevitable hammer blow that is to come in another year or so from the other side? Will that same process then repeat itself until the tables turn (if they ever do)? Wow. What an exceedingly boring way to live. That "third power sphere" idea is looking wholly tasty now, isn't it?

But I'm subverting the real matter of this announcement, I did not come before you today to discuss power spheres or rebuilding processes..no. I'm here to announce the official disbandment of the alliance of Anathema. It's become nothing more than a name, albeit a stained one at that, that now houses all but two members. Kevanovia/Incitatus appears to have manoeuvred his nation away from Planet Bob, as was expected, therefore it falls to someone else to make this announcement. You might say "what right do you have to disband Anathema?!" Well, for starters, I was a government member. I was also someone with real Anatheman (is that a word?) spirit, without the desire to construct a spy operation, instead preferring to do things the right way. If you need any more reasons, then how about this: if it is not I who makes this announcement, then who? Who else is going to do it? I struggle to think of anyone who could possibly want anything more to do with Anathema.

Making this announcement causes me considerable chagrin, but it must be done, lest Anathema simply continue to be a dead husk, going nowhere and doing nothing, just waiting to be disbanded. I am at least, glad to put it out of its misery. Therefore:

[b][center][b]I declare Anathema hereby disbanded.[/b][/center]
[/b]
There will be no protection periods, as it is simply not worth it. I'd like to say a final thank you to the other members of Anathema- it was fun running with you guys, I hope to work with you again sometime in the not-too-near future.

You can now go back to your regularly scheduled peace announcements. It's done.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1300015858' post='2662813']
I would have thought that Incitatus would have written this, oh well...
[/quote]
There was someone criticizing him in the "clarification" thread about him not being able to take responsibility for his failures (was it CJ? I can't be bothered to look it up). THat he apparently chose to abandon the alliance that he both created and doomed rather than either kill it mercifully or try and see it through to the end is, I suppose, a confirmation of those criticisms.

That at least someone was willing to step up and do this does show that Anathema was not quite so useless as its founder, at least.

[quote name='Franz Ferdinand' timestamp='1300015858' post='2662813']
I would have thought that Incitatus would have written this, oh well...
[/quote]
So would I but it appears as though he's done a runner and taken his nation with him.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1300016069' post='2662817']
Wasn't someone else Emperor?
[/quote]
Yes. Not a particularly good Emperor, but yes.

[quote name='Heinrich Schuster' timestamp='1300017132' post='2662830']
Giving up so easily? Yet another alliance that shows they cant hack it under pressure.
[/quote]
Weren't you in TGE and THL?

Yeah, dude, shut the hell up.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1300019589' post='2662843']
Hadrian, you're not even in anathema, why are you doing this?[/quote]
1. Because it's in virtually everyone's best interests.
2. Because Incitatus wouldn't/couldn't/didn't do it.
3. Because there are two members left on the actual AA, neither of which is a government member and whom I would've bet three million pounds on not making this announcement.

Think of it as me putting a severely wounded beast out of its misery, Jens.

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1300016231' post='2662819']
There was someone criticizing him in the "clarification" thread about him not being able to take responsibility for his failures (was it CJ? I can't be bothered to look it up).[/quote]

Heh, actually there were a couple of us being critical of him for that.

On topic: This announcement was expected, although who it was issued by wasn't.

[quote name='Mark Ashton' timestamp='1300023370' post='2662879']
Everything with Hadrian that fails is a good thing

Although I agree the flag is awesome. <br>
[/quote]
I don't get it. Are you trying to imply that everything I do fails, and that's a good thing? Are you saying that alliances that I'm a member of, fail and that's a good thing?

Whatever you're attempting to get across, you're not doing a very good job.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1300024952' post='2662898']
I don't get it. Are you trying to imply that everything I do fails, and that's a good thing? Are you saying that alliances that I'm a member of, fail and that's a good thing?

[/quote]
I think he says that the things you're a part of would be bad if left alive.

[quote name='Hadrian' timestamp='1300024952' post='2662898']

[/quote]
I'm more questioning how this can actually be their disbandment if the disbandment is made by someone who currently has nothing to do with the alliance.

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1300026081' post='2662908']
I'm more questioning how this can actually be their disbandment if the disbandment is made by someone who currently has nothing to do with the alliance.
[/quote]
And who would you suggest to make this announcement?

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1300026081' post='2662908']
[/quote]

Then considering I am not officialy at LoSS yet and am still masked as government at Anathema, I will second the OP and make it official if that works for you.
Pity it came to this, really had great things for that flag and the avatars etc. Was fun!
Ahh well.. trust is a hard thing these days