To: Anyone who cares. From: The Brain

[center]Hello, gentle Bobonians. It's time for yet another message from:
[IMG]http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/8463/brain04ys8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.made2mentor.com/Images/CoolHandLuke.jpg[/IMG][/center]
[i]What we have here...[/i]

Is, clearly, a failure to communicate both within the framework of the Chestnut Accords, and on the world stage as a whole.

Much seems to have been made of this failure to communication, to the point our whatever-the-hell-that-was treaty with the Commonwealth was canceled over it. Given the close ties we shared with the Commonwealth, this came as a surprise; though not as great as to be believed.

We at The Brain are a simple people. If you wish to speak with us, simply come to us. We do not IRC often, and the forum we created is oftentimes the easiest way to get a hold of us. We do not come onto the world stage often, and most times it's left to the likes of me to communicate what The Brain wants. We've all seen how [i]that[/i] goes.

The presence of GOD in our correspondence regarding that cancellation, however, is vexing. We have little, if anything to do with them, but here Xiphosis hands down the Commonwealth's reasoning to cancel the treaty, and generic well-wishes from the Commonwealth in public, and decidedly otherwise in what passes to be private.

The Commonwealth, of course, is our strongest, and as our Central Nervous System argues, only link to the Chestnut Accords. Yet, here is GOD, speaking for them.

So we asked Walter. Walter, what do you think of this turn of events?

[IMG]http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/101/l_c6f0b6c0d54ca6c16670ea3a88f2863c.jpg[/IMG]
[b]OVER THE LINE![/b]

We agree.

We then turned to the Chestnut Accords document itself to gauge our options:

[QUOTE]Section V: Cancellation
In the event a signatory wishes to part ways they are required to give seventy-two hours notice during which time it is advisable that attempts to resolve any differences be exhausted. Should the actions of a signatory violate the spirit of Maroon unity a vote may be called to remove the offending party from this treaty. In order to remove an alliance from this pact a majority vote of the signatories, the accused not included, must be in agreement.[/QUOTE]

That seems fairly straightforward. So straightforward, in fact, that General Argent Doom had the perfect response to it.

[QUOTE=Doomie doom doom doom doom]72 hours notice or violate the spirit of Maroon.

If anyone can direct me to the spirit of Maroon, I will gladly take one for the team and violate her.[/QUOTE]

So there you have it. Chestnut Accords and Spirit of Maroon, consider us withdrawn as of noon Saturday and yourselves [i]violated[/i] by our generous martyr.

We at The Brain feel that this should nip any of those pesky communications problems we seem to be having with you(as evidenced by your rapid removal of our masks from the Maroonity forums) in the bud. If we've pre-empted you yet [i]again[/i], well, we have a way with that.

[IMG]http://www.foolishtees.com/athf/Characters/pics/mooninites.png[/IMG]

Hope you heard us, fellas. We certainly heard you.
Signed,
[i]The Brain[/i]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is the way affairs in Maroon are conducted nowadays then you're far better off out of it.

I am totally disillusioned with some of the crap I have read on the forums in recent months from some of the Maroon alliances, much of it beggars belief.:mad:

Good luck to you.B-)

I wonder when people will get tired of pinning everything that happens on bob on GOD and Xiph. You'll make his ego swell even more.

Nice last friendly gesture I suppose. I can't see why anyone would ever want to cancel that treaty as you clearly hold CSN in very high regard.

Edited by neneko

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1299763531' post='2658451']
I wonder when people will get tired of pinning everything that happens on bob on GOD and Xiph. You'll make his ego swell even more.

Nice last friendly gesture I suppose. I can't see why anyone would ever want to cancel that treaty as you clearly hold CSN in very high regard.
[/quote]

Contrary to your belief, we do. Once they're willing to talk to us, we'll be happy to talk.

They haven't been. The quoted "communications issues" have been percolating long before this conflict, it seems, but nobody ever deigned to come to us to talk them out.

So, since they severed their links with us, we see no reason to stick with Chestnut.

[quote name='Xiao Weng' timestamp='1299763745' post='2658453']
Contrary to your belief, we do. Once they're willing to talk to us, we'll be happy to talk.

They haven't been. The quoted "communications issues" have been percolating long before this conflict, it seems, but nobody ever deigned to come to us to talk them out.

So, since they severed their links with us, we see no reason to stick with Chestnut.
[/quote]
The fact that you try to make them look like GODs puppets in this thread or the fact that you thought making fun of them for some lulz from the people fighting them this war seems to imply that you actually don't hold them in very high regard. Maybe it's just one of those "maroon" things that I don't understand but to me you don't seem to act very friendly towards CSN.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1299764215' post='2658455']
The fact that you try to make them look like GODs puppets in this thread or the fact that you thought making fun of them for some lulz from the people fighting them this war seems to imply that you actually don't hold them in very high regard. Maybe it's just one of those "maroon" things that I don't understand but to me you don't seem to act very friendly towards CSN.
[/quote]

While I'll grant that this thread was, perhaps, a bit more snarky than necessary, it certainly does seem that lately, Xiphosis has done quite a bit of talking on behalf of alliances he is not a member of. Perhaps Xiph has been picked as the unofficial spokesperson for his little corner of the web, and folks are playing the RAWR XIPHOSIS game a bit too freely. On the other hand, maybe Xiphosis is getting a bit big for his britches, and the elements this has directly effected don't particularly appreciate his particular brand of WINNING.

Some of GODS allies need to grow a pair and regain control of their own alliances. They are becoming more and more pathetic looking by the day. You are better off away from them. The way things are going it seems they could be the next bloc on taking a beatdown.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='fluffyewunga' timestamp='1299764551' post='2658461']
This has been how maroon has worked for sometime. But noone would beleive me.

/me goes off to do the "I told you so" dance
[/quote]

Don't get things twisted Missy, you still hold a place on [b]my[/b] bucket list.

[i]View something majestic[/i]

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299764657' post='2658464']
While I'll grant that this thread was, perhaps, a bit more snarky than necessary, it certainly does seem that lately, Xiphosis has done quite a bit of talking on behalf of alliances he is not a member of. Perhaps Xiph has been picked as the unofficial spokesperson for his little corner of the web, and folks are playing the RAWR XIPHOSIS game a bit too freely. On the other hand, maybe Xiphosis is getting a bit big for his britches, and the elements this has directly effected don't particularly appreciate his particular brand of WINNING.
[/quote]
Maybe I'm giving CSN too much credit here but while I have no doubt they're a very loyal ally to GOD I think they still make their own decisions. What I think happened here, and I admit that this is purely speculation from my side, is that during the communications Xiph happened to be around either due to the fact that they'll only communicate through forums and thus used some kind of shared forum or maybe there's another reason. What I think happened though is that the brain choose to mention that because of the reputation xiph already has for being something of a puppet master. That's why they don't make any accusation of that nature on their own, they just leave the insinuation there and let the peanut gallery run with it.

Maybe I'm wrong though and maybe I give CSN too much credit but I can't really picture them letting xiph make those decisions for them.

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1299765492' post='2658473']
Maybe I'm giving CSN too much credit here but while I have no doubt they're a very loyal ally to GOD I think they still make their own decisions. What I think happened here, and I admit that this is purely speculation from my side, is that during the communications Xiph happened to be around either due to the fact that they'll only communicate through forums and thus used some kind of shared forum or maybe there's another reason. What I think happened though is that the brain choose to mention that because of the reputation xiph already has for being something of a puppet master. That's why they don't make any accusation of that nature on their own, they just leave the insinuation there and let the peanut gallery run with it.

Maybe I'm wrong though and maybe I give CSN too much credit but I can't really picture them letting xiph make those decisions for them.
[/quote]

I certainly don't think that Xiphosis is making decisions for CSN. I do, however, think there has been ample evidence shown at this point that he is a little bit too involved in their decision making process and their foreign affairs/public face.

[quote name='Freelancer' timestamp='1299765270' post='2658472']
Don't get things twisted Missy, you still hold a place on [b]my[/b] bucket list.

[i]View something majestic[/i]
[/quote]

LOL, Free I always enjoy reading your SMART*** replies. http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_extra/post_icons/icon6.gif

[quote name='neneko' timestamp='1299765492' post='2658473']

[/quote]

As for this, I would hope they make their own decisions since they have leadership that is more than competent, but most of CSN's threads have members of GOD giving answers for them. In the DT thread, I believe it was that thread anyways. A gov't member of GOD Referred to CSN as "US" insinuating he was CSN. And then in the other thread that the brain made, Xiph, gave the answer to why they cancelled the treaty that not even the BRAIN themselves appeared to be aware of.

Cancelling the Chestnut accords was a smart move on the Brains part regardless. I look forward to seeing the direction the brain goes in from here.