The Call of The Divine

[center][IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/334q0w5.jpg[/IMG][/center]

Brothers and sisters,

Remember the flag you are about to gaze your eyes upon, you're going to be seeing a lot of it.

Each one of us has an opportunity to easily analyze the current situation and create an atmosphere that we can all comfortably/uncomfortably breath in. This revelation, while possible to achieve during a time of peace, is easily seen during a time of war, especially in a war that impacts the world such as this one has. It is our choices from here on out that will effect the way we control our countries, the way we participate in our alliances, and the way we interact across the world stage, as it always has been.

After this conflict comes to a close, you will finally see "lines" being so boldly made unlike anything we've seen since the Great Wars-era. We will, with any luck, be seeing a change of politics to "keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" and people screaming in the streets, "Lex Talionos!". Let us revel in our differences with pride and may those who do not believe in the principles you believe in, suck at the teat of death.

With that said, I announce to all the residents on Bob today of the birth of an alliance. This alliance will not simply conform to be "politically correct", but will however hold true to a certain standard of morality and pray for the destruction of anyone who does not embrace it. This alliance is Anathema.

[i]-Incitatus
Emperor of Anathema[/i]

FAKE-EDIT: I have always wanted to say "teat" in an announcement, and am so thankful that I was able to legitimately squeeze (no pun intended) it in here.

[i][b]Now a message from the Praetor:[/b][/i]

There are moments in time where history is written and the future course of events will change from one decision. This is one of those moments; this is the birth of Anathema.

Anathema is an alliance formed by experienced members in order to be a Brotherhood of strength, integrity, knowledge and pure awesomeness. Today, we the founding members take the first step in a global march to change the world with our presence. As we go public, we begin the recruiting of intelligent, eager individuals to incorporate into our Brotherhood. We begin the distribution of aid and tech that will grant our nations strength and victory in the battlefield. We begin the process of educating our members into leaders of Planet Bob. We begin the training of a war machine that will rival all those currently around. We most importantly begin a family, a Brotherhood, full of friendship and good times. Today, Anathema begins its quest for history.

Among our experienced members, and vast pool of knowledge we have brought forward ten individuals who will lead us to the glory we know we are destined for. These nine are the government of Anathema.

The Emperor - Incitatus
Praetors of the Sapienti – Rebirth & James Maximus
Sapienti of Brotherhood –Xerxer
Sapienti of Wisdom – Hadrian
Sapienti of the Outside World - Flyingscotsman
Sapienti of Betterment – Doeroler
Sapienti of Battle - Daggarz
Sapienti of the People – Kahn

Thundergun Bearer - Stagger_Lee

Anathema was originally a term that referred to an offering to the Gods, such as a sacrifice or tithe. This is what we stand for, we have offered ourselves, minds, keyboards, and nations under the God of Justice on Planet Bob. Our goal is to protect the weak and downtrodden, maybe not everywhere, but as much as we can. We shall begin the return of honesty, fair dealings, openness and overall generosity to the politics of Bob and return the belief that this game is not just a collection of bad eggs running over the rest of us, but that there are those who hear the Call to integrity and return to it. We wish to beckon in an age of fun, growth, prosperity and eminence to cybernations. This is the Call to Anathema.

[quote][center][img]http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/3137/flag1u.png[/img]
[size="3"][i]Lex Talionis[/i][/size]
[size="4"][b]The Calling of Anathema[/b][/size][/center]
[b]
The First Call – The Call to Membership[/b]
[i]1. Membership Requirements[/i]
Not everyone is called to be an Anathema. It takes special skill, intelligence, and ability to join the ranks of an elite alliance.
[i]2. Membership Process[/i]
a. Members must post an application within the appropriate area
b. This application may require an interview via IRC for more assessment
c. This application and interview will be reviewed by the Sapienti of Brotherhood
d. The Sapienti will then approve or reject membership
[i]
3. Rights of an Anathema[/i]

- Each Anathema is entitled to the respect and courtesy of both Brothers and leaders.
- Each Anathema has the right to speak out against a perceived wrong and be heard by a Praetor of the Sapienti.
- Each Anathema has the right to challenge the decisions or positions of leadership with a public forum and subsequent vote
- Each Anathema has a right to pride, respect and honor that shall not be taken away
[i]
4. Requirements of an Anathema[/i]

- Each Anathema is required to follow the rules and orders mandated by both government and Calling until revoked by another rule or revoked by public forum
- Each Anathema member is required to contribute in wartime as seen fit by the government
- Each Anathema is required to contribute to the good of their Brothers and the good of themselves through whatever means necessary
- Each Anathema must contribute something to the alliance be it government appointment, financial program contributions, or other contribution
- Each Anathema must remain mature and appropriate on both the forums and IRC
[b]
The Second Call – The Call to Leadership[/b]
[i]1. Overview[/i]
The call to leadership is a lofty goal that can affect many members. Leadership can only be the best of the best, and the greatest of the great. Many shall serve in positions both high and low, striving for the betterment of the Anathema. The great leader and overseer of the Anathema is the Emperor. Under him is the Conclave of Seven Sapienti who controls the various projects of the alliance. Each Sapienti (not including the Praetors) may have up to two Disciples to serve side-by-side with. These Disciples will help complete everyday tasks in each department.
[i]2. The Emperor[/i]
The Emperor of the Anathema is the loftiest position within the alliance. He has the power to create and remove any and all regulations outside the charter that he wishes. He has the power to appoint and remove all government positions. His authority and power can only be challenged by a majority vote of the Conclave of Sapienti. Otherwise, the Emperor’s words are the Anathemas deeds. May he rule long and in prosperous times.
[i]3. The Conclave of Sapienti[/i]
a. Overview
The Conclave is made up of seven members each with their own specific function and purpose. Each can hire and remove their own workers and appoint them with tasks. The Conclave itself functions to debate the various paths that should be followed by Anathema. It can overrule a decision of the Emperor with a two thirds vote of its members. A description of the function of each follows.
b. Praetors of the Sapienti
These Conclave members are the seconds in command of the Anathema. The Praetors oversee the work of the various Sapienti and coordinates their projects. He helps with intra-alliance cooperation and the overall functioning of the Council.
c. Sapienti of Brotherhood
This Conclave member serves in the capacity of helping gain and screen new recruits. His job is to recruit new members, make sure they are worthy of entering and mask them on the forums. He will work closely with the Sapienti of Wisdom in preparing Anathema for full membership.
d. Sapienti of Wisdom
This Conclave member serves new members in learning the ways and techniques of an Anathema, as well as a nation. They help set up guides and programs for the teaching and betterment of both new and old members. They also help prepare Anathema for leadership roles and positions within the Brotherhood.
e. Sapienti of the Outside World
This Conclave member serves as an intermediary between the Anathema and the world. His voice is heard throughout all other lands. He helps organize treaties of cooperation between other alliances and serves as the face of the Anathema to others.
f. Sapienti of Betterment
This Conclave member serves as an organizer and former of policies which better individual Anathema. They organize circles of trade, tech deals and other programs that improve the wealth and prosperity of each individual.
g. Sapienti of Battle
This Conclave member serves as the leader of the Anathema military. He organizes the ranks within the military and appoints leadership as he sees fit. This Sapienti organizes drills and strike teams and serves as the general of the Anathema. He also must keep the war skills of the Anathema honed for battle at all times.
h. Sapienti of the People
This Conclave member serves as the heart of the Brotherhood. This Sapienti helps be the voice of the people on the Conclave and proposes and carries out projects to help them to better enjoy the experience of Anathema. As he represents the people, he has the right to kick out a misbehaved member. He serves as a helper to all departments and helps build the community within the Brotherhood.
[b]
The Third Call - The Call to War[/b]
[i]1. Tech Raiding[/i]
a. Tech raiding any AA is not allowed under Anathema law
b. Anyone on "None" is a fair target
[i]2. Treaty Chaining[/i]
a. All of Anathema's treaties, stated or otherwise are non chaining documents.
[b]
The Fourth Call - The Call to Reform[/b]
[i]1. The Emperor[/i]
a. If it is found that the Emperor of Anathema is no longer catering to the needs of the alliance and acting out if its best interests the Sapienti may call for a Vote of No Confidence.
b. When called this vote must pass with a two thirds plus one vote of the Sapienti and then 75% of the alliance membership.
[i]2. Praetor of the Sapienti[/i]
a. If a Vote of No Confidence passes a Praetor of the Sapienti will become the new emperor and will appoint a new Praetor within 72 hours.
b. The Praetor who becomes Emperor will be decided by either the Emperor Emeritus or by a majority vote of the Council of Sapienti if the Emperor Emeritus is unable, unwilling, or deemed unfit to choose.
[i]3 Reform within the Council[/i]
a. The Emperor has the right and is encouraged to appoint and remove government positions when needed. All those who are worthy of government shall be appointed in their due time in order to better the alliance. Such changes are not open for discussion or appeal.

[b]The Fifth Call – The Recalling[/b]
[i]1. Overview[/i]
a. Though the Call resounds throughout all of Planet Bob it can still be improved upon. Each member may bring their own ideas to the Sapienti of the People to be brought before the Conclave to be voted upon.
b. An amendment to the call must receive a majority plus one vote of the Conclave of Sapienti to be approved.

Ratified on the 27th of February, 2011
Signed in blood by the Holy Emperor,
[i]Incitatus[/i][/quote]

With this Call we begin our journey. Where it ends only we can tell.

Signed,

[i]Rebirth of Gorniar
Praetor of the Sapienti[/i]

Anathema's IRC: #anathema
Anathema's Forums: http://cn-anathema.com/forum/

Edited by Incitatus

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a bright cold day in March, and the clocks were striking thirteen. Stagger Lee, his chin nuzzled into his gasmask in an effort to escape the vile wind, slipped quickly through the doors of Anathema, though not quickly enough to prevent a swirl of gritty dust from entering along with him.

Good evening gentlemen. Shall we begin?

I'm going to pull a personal first for me and back out of this one. As I have communicated to Stag, and will to Kev when he gets on, I just cannot commit to leaving NV so soon after the war. Although I only got on board a few minutes before this DoE, I would like to apologize to my many friends in this alliance.

I wish you guys all the best, and support what you are doing. I know some of you have been planning this for a long time, and I hope you really can change the world. Good luck.

-Kahn

Edited by Vasuda

Anathema.
In a world of growing proportions we come to look upon two opposing sides as if they are the be all and end all. Do what one says or what the other says, be lost otherwise. While we believe this true to an extent Anathema cannot help but see that there need not be opposition on all fronts. We find friends on both sides, friends on all sides should it matter and do not particularily agree or disagree with any party.
What this means now as of this date? Sure we might think MK and co are wrong with their war right now, but politically? This is MK's need, if they feel they have something to do, we support them in that.
If NPO feel they are being treated unfairly and should not be attacked, do we empathise? sure. But we do not side, we say "It is not good that you are being attacked. We wish you a speedy recovery after the war and hope that things look good for you."

We are Anathema and we are here to stay.
-Daggarz
Sapienti of Battle

[quote name='King Xander the Only' timestamp='1299480243' post='2655161']
50 tech says that the PC-RoK front of the war lasts longer than this alliance.
[/quote]

Accepted. I'm always good for getting 50 free tech.

Edited by Facade