Avalon Issues a Declaration of War

[center][img]http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7445/battleensign3.jpg[/img][/center]

Assembled Rulers Greetings,

Action naturally begets consequence; this has long been and indeed should be the way of the world. Although said consequence may arrive belated, still must it arise from deserving action, and once meted the subject must be purged of responsibility to face further consequence for the same action, even if not exonerated for the original act. However, an action it is not to merely exist. Nor is it worthy of consequence to simply exist at a level of strength and prosperity that others may find disagreeable. Sins past, once suffered for, must be absolved. Respect must be maintained for the sanctity of the unconnected bystander's wish to remain uninvolved in an affair. Without placing such limitations upon ourselves, we break down our entire society.

Of the traits attributed to Avalon by those who know us best, 'swiftness of action' is not typically one found. Rather history has demonstrated that we plod at a slow and measured pace. This stems from a preference to be guilty of the fault of inaction, as opposed to the far more egregious fault of improper action. Although not best known for snap decisions, we are known for making resolute decisions. Once a conclusion is reached on a course of action we commit, secure that it is the honourable and proper path. It is in this spirit of patient and reasoned temperance that we observed the current global strife. A few stood out from the others filling us with an overwhelming depth of sadness as we witnessed their display of an absolute disregard for decent civilized convention, respect, and courtesy, as well as a desire to bring harm to uninvolved innocents of the world. This is quite simply unacceptable behavior. Such unrestrained depraved barbarism can not in good conscience be permitted to go unchecked. Thusly at the mutual decision of The Phoenix Federation and Avalon, for a cause found to be in good faith and honourable as per our Oathe of Brotherhood, Avalon hereby issues this proclamation declaring that a state of war now exists between our island nation and the Doom House BLOC.

Avalon enters into this conflict to take a stand against the loathesome precedents being set by Doom House in this war and to uphold our sacred bond to our Brothers and Sisters in The Phoenix Federation and their esteemed allies. In the prosecution of this war Avalon seeks only the cessation of attacks by the Doom House BLOC upon The Phoenix Federation and their allies likewise unjustly engaged. The moment this is achieved shall be a joyous one as that is the moment that peace can once again settle upon our blessed shores. May Admin have mercy upon us all, may the Mods in heaven guide and protect both sides in this conflict, bringing a swift victory to the just.

Long Live The Phoenix Federation!
Long Live Avalon!
Long Live Doom House!
Mods Save The Queen!

[b]Decreed in the year of our Mods and Holy Admin Kevin, this day February 6, 2011 by Her Royal Ladyship and Supreme Majesty,[/b]
[i]Queen Kandria, Sovereign of all Avalon[/i]

[b]Signed for the Prime Minister of Her Majesty's Government:[/b]
[i]First Lord of Avalon, Subotai, Lord of Blades of Shadow[/i]

[b]Signed for the Foreign Office of His Majesty's Government:[/b]
[i]Foreign Secretary, SyndicatedINC, Lord of Schwertbruder[/i]

[b]Signed for the Houses of Avalon by the Home Office:[/b]
[i]Lord High Chancellor, David der Grosse, Lord of New Nippon [/i]

TLDR;

Apparently DH was all upset because the NPO didn't want to play thug gangsta with them, and was all better than them so they started hassling NPO.
[center][img]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1487/avalonprop1.jpg[/img][/center]

NPO's friends jumped in to help out, a fight broke out ending up on Avalon's lawn where some garden gnomes got busted. Avalon being cranky old war vets don't like people on our lawn and get all flashbacky. So we took our M1 and told DH to get off our lawn.
[center][img]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2685/avalonprop2.jpg[/img][/center]

For those unfamiliar with the references, I direct you to the following [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelBNtNm8l0"]scene from the film "Gran Torino".[/url] **Warning, Foul Language**

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='MagicalTrevor' timestamp='1297006308' post='2622141']
Using an OA to continue on with boosting GOONS total wars? Thanks for that, we were just beginning to think GOONS would shutup about how many alliances were on them :<
Interesting time for a blitz and interesting nations aswell, all so similar . . .
[/quote]

Do you mean similar, as in not 1 of them has a WRC? Or similar, as in they have hardly any tech?

Using an OA to continue on with boosting GOONS total wars? Thanks for that, we were just beginning to think GOONS would shutup about how many alliances were on them :<
[/quote]
By policy, Avalon does not sign mandatory military treaties, ever. They feel that signing away their right to decide whether a war is just or not in advance reduces their sovereignty.

Interesting time for a blitz and interesting nations aswell, all so similar . . .
[/quote]
I'm really not sure where you're going with this remark.

Thanks for the assistance, Avalon.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1297006396' post='2622145']
I remember that scene quite well. Great flick.

But if I recall, that movie ends with our characters shooting yours to death.

Have fun!
[/quote]

hmm, good point there mate. Were ready for that outcome if it occurs

Avalon is one of the most honorable and loyal allies ive ever seen in CN, Facing certain defeat in the TPF Resistance Movement but hanging in there for TPF and now entering the Doomhouse war in support of TPF once again, You got a good group there TPF, Never let them go.

o/ Avalon

Edited by Rotavele

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' timestamp='1297006134' post='2622139']
Have fun, may DH crush you etc.

(Ok, I really came in here to say I think you have an awesome flag).
[/quote]

Thanks, though in truth it is a three year old 'placeholder' and we have been working on an improved one for the entire time. Unfortunately we take longer with flags than we do with DoW's :)

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1297006168' post='2622140']
Thanks for this
[/quote]

Your welcome, thank you for having nations that know how to fight well.

[/quote]

Actually we are not engaging GOONS nations, they have enough people on them, it is not our way to get involved in such a pile on. However we figured it would just make things simpler if we declared on DH as an entity given that it was already stated that DH sees any such DoW on one as the same as a DoW on the whole. So if GOONS wants to claim that we are increasing their total wars, they can do so, but clearly someone would need lessons in counting :wacko:

As for the timing, we are cranky old folks, we get up WAY to early to be bothered with that trendy night time DoW stuff. Country Kitchen Buffet opens at 5:30 in the am you know!

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1297006396' post='2622145']
But if I recall, that movie ends with our characters shooting yours to death.
[/quote]

Indeed :awesome:

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1297006767' post='2622153']
No I couldn't honestly mention that, because in your defence you actually have your entire top tier in war mode. :awesome:
[/quote]

Thanks for noticing, though to be fair it wont be the top tier for long lol

Edited by SyndicatedINC

[quote name='SyndicatedINC' timestamp='1297008536' post='2622181']
Actually we are not engaging GOONS nations, they have enough people on them, it is not our way to get involved in such a pile on. However we figured it would just make things simpler if we declared on DH as an entity given that it was already stated that DH sees any such DoW on one as the same as a DoW on the whole. So if GOONS wants to claim that we are increasing their total wars, they can do so, but clearly someone would need lessons in counting :wacko:
[/quote]

so, if you're accepting the Doom House conceit of a declaration on one being a declaration on all...

doesn't that mean that your optional defense pact doesn't apply?

After all, TPF attacked Doom House, rather than the other way round, if you're accepting this conceit.