VE Condones Spying

Rebel Virginia

[color="#0000FF"]Hello. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Rebel Virginia, the Magnificent. You may have heard of me. I'm a bit of a big deal in some parts. But enough about me, for there is someone else, rather, or a group, who is truly this world's shinning star as of late. I of course speak of the Viridian Entente, an alliance that has existed continuously, without pause, since August of 2006. Just ask them. They totally never disbanded. They are an alliance known for showing the utmost of respect to their allies, and ever since their founding of Pandora's Box they have been beacon of virtue, honesty, and class in this dark, dark world. I think you can see that I hold a great deal of respect for those fine Viridian fellows, but lately a rumor had been circulating. A rumor of almost unthinkable nature: that the Viridian Entente condones spying.

Naturally, I was not one to believe such a preposterous crime could be done by the right good Entente, but I, like Zog the Magnificent-But-Not-Nearly-So-Much-As-I said of himself, I am also one to trust, but also to verify. So I dug. I dug deep. Actually, I just asked Caliph, who kindly pointed me an event I somehow overlooked. So not that much digging, but I was able to find these. I was devastated upon reading them. My faith in the goodness of the Entente was forever crush. Here now are the full and unedited logs that man me realize that the Entente is not what it seems.[/color]

[quote] 1.
Session Start: Thu Aug 26 22:18:08 2010
Session Ident: Impero[VE]
01[22:18] <Caliph> hi
[22:18] <Impero[VE]> whats up man
01[22:18] <Caliph> eh, nothing much
01[22:18] <Caliph> just trying to work out this Bob Janova General thing
01[22:19] <Caliph> i'm an \m/ tri
[22:19] <Impero[VE]> yea, any idea why he did it by the way?
01[22:19] <Caliph> i don't know why Bob Javova spied on the General
01[22:19] <Caliph> doesn't matter so much why, unless the GEneral told him he could do it, which the General did not
[22:19] <Impero[VE]> me either, theres nothing anywhere about it so im guessing there must be some kind of back story
01[22:20] <Caliph> well
01[22:20] <Caliph> i just spoke with the General
[22:20] <Impero[VE]> have you spoken with general?
01[22:20] <Caliph> yes
01[22:20] <Caliph> i just did
[22:20] <Impero[VE]> ah
01[22:20] <Caliph> he wants reps over it
01[22:20] <Caliph> and so do we
01[22:20] <Caliph> according to our mutual friend Rampage, you do not want to pay reps over this
01[22:20] <Caliph> we are not asking for much, for an agressive VE attack on \m/
01[22:21] <Caliph> more of a token gesture, for a nation the size of Bob Janoa
01[22:21] <Caliph> *Bob Janova
01[22:21] <Caliph> 3 mill converted to 100 tech
01[22:21] <Caliph> paid to the General
01[22:24] <Caliph> thoughts?
[22:25] <Impero[VE]> ok, well nothing was destroyed, and to be frank you guys have simply $%&@ed with enough of our smaller allies and friends to the point where i simply dont see any need to pay you, however in the off chance bob wants to pay on his own, i wont stop him
[22:26] <Impero[VE]> i wont compel him to though, but i would compel him to appologize
01[22:26] <Caliph> so let me get this straight
01[22:26] <Caliph> it is VE's position that the 'gather intelligence' spy attack is not worth persuing reps for?
[22:28] <Impero[VE]> it certainly is, but im not forcing any member of my alliance to pay the likes of you all, so therefore the decision is with bob
[22:28] <Impero[VE]> if he wants to pay it, i wont stop him
[22:28] <Impero[VE]> if he doesnt, thats fine with me as well
[22:28] <Impero[VE]> i also want to know why the spy even happened, its very not like him
01[22:29] <Caliph> the attack sure did not occur because General asked Bob to do it
01[22:29] <Caliph> and that would be the only acceptable scenario for this to be an act of war against \m/
01[22:29] <Caliph> i will keep this in month the next time VE comes to us for anything
01[22:29] <Caliph> i will be in touch
[22:29] <Impero[VE]> sounds good
[22:29] <Impero[VE]> have a good night
[/quote]

[color="#0000FF"]This occurred back in August of the last year, and was brought up when the Entente attacked WasDrogan of TKTB for "spying," despite him not actually destroying anything or causing other physical damage. Now Viridia attacks Polaris, also for alleged "spying," when nothing was destroyed. It is a mystery as to why an honorable alliance such as the Entente was enforce a double standard such as this. Why will they punish others for a crime that, in their own words, causes no physical damage, yet at the same time protect their own member from the consequences of the same offense? Is this truly justice?

Yet there is more. When RoK, a mutual ally of \m/ and the Entente, approached the Viridians on \m/'s behalf, the Entente informed RoK that it did not matter what the esteemed Mr. Janova did. Since the spying was done on \m/, it simply did not matter to them. The concerns of RoK, an ally the Entente supposedly holds in high esteem, were promptly dismissed.

It should be noted that in the discussion, following the original publishing of these logs, Mr. Impero did apologize, but not for his actions, but simply his attitude. This man is not convinced, however. While I do believe that Mr. Impero was truly sorry, it was not for his conduct or attitude towards \m/, or even towards his own allies RoK, but simply for the fact he was called out on it in public. In short, Mr. Impero is only sorry that he got caught.

Now, I will leave it to you, gentle reader, to read the full logs. I shall let you draw your own conclusions regarding a certain Viridian Entente.

For reference: The "apology" of Mr. Impero can be found on page twenty-seven of the following thread.[/color]

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95608&st=0

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1295582526' post='2587716']
These were posted a couple weeks (months?) ago by shattenman, latter half of the TKTB thread ended up about this.

Thank you for giving it a shot though.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You don't see the hypocrisy? I mean, Dajabo clearly had no real interest in Lennox's activities. If you read the logs you could see his lack of caring. The links, which he pointed out were no good, he opened likely suspecting something silly (and not VE related). Even if he was, which is truly doubtful, it did no real harm or damage to your alliance. That is the same line of thought you used to justify Bob Janova's activities. Maybe I'm different, but doesn't something seem a bit off to you?[/color]

It is an interesting point. What's the real difference between taking screenshots of warchests and just using gather intel, besides the method? Not much.

(Not that I believe Dajobo is guilty of anything other than suggesting a nation/ruler name and saying what a good place to spy would be. Really. If I said that NPO would be a good place to spy, am I gonna get kicked out of my alliance and attacked for being a traitor? Probably not.)

[quote name='Geoffron X' timestamp='1295583821' post='2587806']
It is an interesting point. What's the real difference between taking screenshots of warchests and just using gather intel, besides the method? Not much.[/quote]

The latter method produces the information in a much more convenient format. Ever try to cut and paste data into your spreadsheet from a screenshot? Doesnt work too well.

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295584347' post='2587854']
We did wrong, and we took our punishment collectively. It's time to move on.
[/quote]
Okay uh, I have no idea how you took punishment for this considering that nobody did anything about it even though your LEADER even went as far as saying that he knew and didn't care.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1295585737' post='2588113']
Okay uh, I have no idea how you took punishment for this considering that nobody did anything about it even though your LEADER even went as far as saying that he knew and didn't care.
[/quote]
Blame the judge for that.

We've learned our lesson. You won't see Janova spying on \m/ like that again.

[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1295585939' post='2588130']
Blame the judge for that.

We've learned our lesson. You won't see Janova spying on \m/ like that again.
[/quote]
Well yeah, and I do blame \m/ for not going through with that CB, but you said you had been "punished." I didn't get how.

To be honest I found Impero's treatment of \m/ perfectly acceptable given how little regard they have for others. The non-existent level of damage done by Janova's spy attack can't really compare to the consistent levels of damage that \m/ nations do to unaligned nations.

Nonetheless I still think that the "CB" in this present war is contrived, but I wouldn't defend \m/ even if someone was, oh, to force them to disband.

[quote name='Bordiga' timestamp='1295587404' post='2588263']
To be honest I found Impero's treatment of \m/ perfectly acceptable given how little regard they have for others. The non-existent level of damage done by Janova's spy attack can't really compare to the consistent levels of damage that \m/ nations do to unaligned nations.

Nonetheless I still think that the "CB" in this present war is contrived, but I wouldn't defend \m/ even if someone was, oh, to force them to disband.
[/quote]
\m/ had done absolutely nothing since getting pounded by Polar. We took our licks, GOONS didn't take theirs.

It's quite hilarious how people still hate \m/ even though they haven't done anything to aggravate anyone in a loooooooooong time.

Excellent method. Rehash until it sticks.

You downplay Impero's apology too much. It was not the proper way to handle the \m/ situation, and he admitted that.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95608&st=220&p=2536748&#entry2536748

It was on the 24th (not 27th) page of the topic, unless my forum settings are effed. Not that anyone will go to the trouble to find it and not that you might actually try to be misleading/tugging people with your passionate words.

[quote name='Bordiga' timestamp='1295587404' post='2588263']

[/quote]
The amount of damage \m/ does to unaligned nations is far less in any given day than that of NEW, GOONS, or other prominent tech raiding alliances.

If you hold such contempt for \m/ for that, I hope you share the same level of contempt for other tech raiding alliances too.