Announcement From Invicta

Jorost

[center][font="Franklin Gothic Medium"][b][size="5"]Jorost Steps Down as Leader of Invicta[/size][/b][/font][/center]

[font="Times New Roman"]Two years ago tonight, I became president of the Invicta alliance. This was the culmination of a long held ambition, and I was deeply honored to serve. During my time in office Invicta has seen a lot of tumult and a lot of changes. We have moved forums twice. We have taken part in two large scale wars, and several smaller actions. We changed our official name. We moved to a new sphere. Through it all I have been honored to have the support and loyalty of the finest members any alliance leader could ask for. Frankly, they deserved far better than the likes of me! To paraphrase a former president from a world not so different from our own, I may not have been the best leader Invicta ever had, but no leader ever had more fun!

It has been an amazing journey. But now I have come to the journey's end. It is time for a new generation to take the helm of our ship of state. To that end, I do hereby resign as leader of Invicta, effective immediately. As my successors I name two co-presidents, Dan2680 and President Gunn (aka Nascar8FanGA). This represents a return to the system of government under which Invicta was founded by our original co-presidents, Dawny and DoubleU. My esteemed successors are each outstanding leaders with a long history of service to our alliance. I have the utmost confidence in their abilities, and I am excited to see where they take us.

I will remain an active presence both in my alliance and on the larger stage of the world of Bob, and I will be happy to offer my advice and assistance to our new leadership if and when it is needed. Otherwise, well, I'm sure I'll find something to keep me busy!

Anyone know any good golf courses?

/s/ [b]Jorost of the Triune Republic, Lord Protector of Invicta[/b][/font]

[center][img]http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/219989/RichardNixonHelicopter_medium.jpg[/img][/center]

Edited by Jorost

Jorost you will be missed, good to know you are going to be around. As for Nas and Dan? I guess the mind is slipping a bit with age.

I see many good things ahead for everyone there, glad to be a friend and ally to you guys.

o/ Jorost
o/ Nas
o/ Dan
o/ Invicta

never seen that coming :o
Well done on what you have done with Invicta Jorost ;)

I believe nas will be a fine leader :) i've watched him develope from a small aa leader to bigger things, now he holds a very good position on Bobs politics.

good luck Nas on your future as co-leader ;)

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1295482384' post='2584495']
Excellent decision to go with two Presidents, organizations thrive under two leaders.
[/quote]
I believe that in some situations, a duumvirate can work as well as a triumvirate. Nascar and Dan are both highly-experienced people, and I'm sure they'll do excellently as leaders.

Go ahead, name a country without two presidents.
[/quote]
OOC: San Marino and Andorra each have two co-heads of state.

Excellent decision to go with two Presidents, organizations thrive under two leaders. Go ahead, name a country without two presidents. Or a ship that sets sail without two captains.

Where would Catholicism be, without the Popes?
[/quote]

As jerk-ish as it sounded, it made me laugh.

Godspeed Jorost, and good luck to the new leaders.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' timestamp='1295484262' post='2584566']
I believe that in some situations, a duumvirate can work as well as a triumvirate. Nascar and Dan are both highly-experienced people, and I'm sure they'll do excellently as leaders.

OOC: San Marino and Andorra each have two co-heads of state.
[/quote]
I'll put that in the special file for posts from you. Other than that, I can only wish the Glorious Biumvirs my utmost congratulations on their new co-posts, and I greatly anticipate watching them work in perfect harmony, leading Invicta to new heights.

OOC: And both of those are powerful and respected first world countries that regularly participate in G8 summits, correct?

Edited by New Frontier

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1295484784' post='2584585']
I'll put that in the special file for posts from you.

OOC: And both of those are powerful and respected first world countries that regularly participate in G8 summits, correct?
[/quote]
Should I even waste breath asking why you have a file for my posts? Wait, it's because you love me that much, isn't it? :wub:

OOC: San Marino's 1,700 years old. I think it's doing pretty well.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' timestamp='1295484923' post='2584588']
Should I even waste breath asking why you have a file for my posts? Wait, it's because you love me that much, isn't it? :wub:

OOC: San Marino's 1,700 years old. I think it's doing pretty well.
[/quote]
It's a reference, as was my original post. That whooshing sound you hear is the reference going over your head. Be that as it may, the "lol why you do care so much" tack got old in 2006. Or rather, grade two.