An Announcement from The Conclave

[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100318233723/cybernations/images/thumb/c/ce/TheConclaveFlag.png/250px-TheConclaveFlag.png[/img][/center]

As all of you know by now, AcTi has recently entered a state of war. We, The Conclave, have a diplomatic relationship with AcTi, and therefore we feel it necessary to clarify certain issues.

First and foremost, The Conclave will not go to war to support AcTi, nor will we support this war financially. Yes, we have a treaty with an optional defense clause. However, we consider this war to be aggressive, and are therefore under no obligation to join it. AcTi's leadership was informed of this prior to their DoW.

We are, however, saddened by this turn of events. The Conclave fairly recently started a new and potentially prosperous relationship with AcTi. While we understand why AcTi has declared war, we regret that they were unable to foresee the consequences of their attack and did not decide to pursue diplomacy further.

Since there is a decent chance that the inclined planes that are the members of AcTi have been pretty much wrapped helically around an axis (read: screwed), we will still do our part as friends. After the war is officially over, should AcTi exist as a functional body, we will help their nations rebuild to the best of our ability through tech deals and loans.

Synesi, Grand Master of ConC
James Spanier, Auxiliary Grand Master of ConC
Htmlmaster, Master Provost of ConC

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='James Spanier' timestamp='1289075711' post='2504199']
After the war is officially over, should AcTi exist as a functional body, we will help their nations rebuild to the best of our ability through tech deals and loans.
[/quote]
Not even willing to help your friends and allies without making any profit from it? Again, truly pathetic.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1289076234' post='2504212']
So? Alliances with a ~true friendship~ wouldn't care if their treaties were optional.
[/quote]
As you said yourself, the entire treaty is signed for profit then defending. Could be even seen as more of a economic treaty then a military treaty.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1289076234' post='2504212']
So? Alliances with a ~true friendship~ wouldn't care if their treaties were optional.
[/quote]

This is a budding friendship, there treaty is an actual representation of the friendship. When you're a micro, your pockets are not that deep so tech deals and loans are as much as one can give.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1289076606' post='2504219']
This is a budding friendship, there treaty is an actual representation of the friendship. When you're a micro, your pockets are not that deep so tech deals and loans are as much as one can give.
[/quote]
They have a number of nations that could easily provide full slots of aid.

Some allies you have here, AcTi.

I don't understand why'd you sign an ODP with an alliance if you know you can't back them up, though.

Anyways, Good luck?

Pixels > Friends :v:

Confusion.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1289077210' post='2504230']
AcTi was declared upon first. How is this an aggressive war on their part?

Also Conclave sounds an awful lot like Enclave. Just sayin'
[/quote]

Wrong Damsky, while the first posted thing about this war was by TKTB (a Recognition of war) the aggressive actions were started by AcTi with a declaration of war on a member of TKTB with the reason for war being "orders" so TKTB simply obliged those aggressive actions and recognized the state of war with AcTi.

[quote name='Quiziotle' timestamp='1289076620' post='2504220']
Yes, enabling alliances to bash in the heads of your friends is quite the honorable decision.
[/quote]

They see the reasoning on why Batallion is wrong. They are only Optional obligated to help. But staying out of this, the war will hopefully end soon. I mean they could have just cancelled if they didn't care.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1289077399' post='2504233']
Wrong Damsky, while the first posted thing about this war was by TKTB (a Recognition of war) the aggressive actions were started by AcTi with a declaration of war on a member of TKTB with the reason for war being "orders" so TKTB simply obliged those aggressive actions and recognized the state of war with AcTi.
[/quote]

I believe when one rogue attacks another alliance for any reason diplomacy is usually attempted first.

If a member of IAA felt like being an idiot and attacked some other alliance that wouldn't be grounds for IAA getting the !@#$ beaten out of it.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='James Spanier' timestamp='1289075711' post='2504199']
After the war is officially over, should AcTi exist as a functional body,
[/quote]

:lol1::lol1::lol1:

No, seriously though.

Regardless of what you guys decided to do, this wasn't going to end well for you. At least you didn't completely desert (see: cancel) on them... but I'm still not sure what you guys see in AcTi. Whatever; good luck.

Wait, wait, wait. What?

Could someone explain to me how the Conclave has suddenly become evil and hanging their friends out to dry after:

a) The treaty is both defensive AND optional so it isn't even triggered.

See:

[quote]
As many of you know, Batallion has been threatening to declare on TKTB for the past 24 hours, well strangely enough a member of AcTi attacked a member of TKTB tonight. We'll take that as your DoW. May Admin have mercy on your souls for we have none.
[/quote]

b) After a feat of idiocy, The Conclave will still use up their resources to help said treaty partner.

I would be completely grateful to an ally who would help me out even when a treaty doesn't apply.

Edited by deathman1212

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1289077750' post='2504237']
I believe when one rogue attacks another alliance for any reason diplomacy is usually attempted first.

If a member of IAA felt like being an idiot and attacked some other alliance that wouldn't be grounds for IAA getting the !@#$ beaten out of it.
[/quote]

see now, if it was that simple sure I'd be right behind you, but considering the fact that there were so many rumors of AcTi planning on attacking TKTB as far back as 3 days ago, I'd have to say that one member was not a rogue and his reason of "orders" is meant to be interpreted exactly as what it says.

[quote name='deathman1212' timestamp='1289078127' post='2504247']
Wait, wait, wait. What?

Could someone explain to me how the Conclave has suddenly become evil and hanging their friends out to dry after:
[/quote]

The simple explanation is as follows the peanut gallery has a huge interest in this escalating into a larger war because it could expand to involving Polaris, thus weakening any opposing forces to the sphere of influence of which the peanut gallery belongs to.