FEAR and TPF part ways

CBray

[center][img]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z35/Canik173/FEARFlagNT.jpg[/img]

After a long time together the members of FEAR have seen fit to cancel the 'Where there's smoke, there's fire' treaty signed on the 19th Feb 2009.

The 72 hours notice were given at 6pm on the 20th October 2010 and has now elapsed.

Reasons for the cancellation basically boils to a lack of communication for a long time now that both sides were guilty of, as such it was deemed surplus to requirement and has been cut out from our treaty list. This decision was not taken lightly as we've enjoyed many moons together, but a treaty cannot be kept simply because it's been around for quite a decent amount of time.

We have no hard feelings for TPF, we still have friends within TPF and wish them all the best in the future, however the level of treaty no longer reflects the level of communication and closeness between our two alliances.

I leave you with a video to hopefully cheer you all up on such a sad day. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOHAUvbuV4o"]Click here to cheer yourself up[/url]

CBray
External Chancellor
Fellowship of Elite Allied Republics[/center]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange and unexpected, TPF and FEAR were allies since forever...

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1288028341' post='2492884']
One less MADP in the world is a good thing, however it comes about.
[/quote]

It's funny to see you talk about MADPs when your own alliance holds an eternal one.

Good luck to our allies

[/quote]
Honest Bob is right I think this means his MADP will be in the bin next, perhaps one of the fifteen MDoAPs (including PB) they also hold.

Always sad to see cancellations based on lack of information, but definitely understandable.
[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1288029473' post='2492903']It's funny to see you talk about MADPs when your own alliance holds an eternal one.
[/quote]
I thought it was only diamonds that are forever?
[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1288030136' post='2492912']
Good luck to our allies

Honest Bob is right I think this means his MADP will be in the bin next, perhaps one of the fifteen MDoAPs (including PB) they also hold.
[/quote]
Actually, since we were already treatied to three members of PB before the bloc was signed (four if you count the ODP with GOONS), you're overestimating a bit there. If you're counting actual treaties, sure, but there are a few duplicates in there.

[/quote]
"As long as it doesn't weaken our side"

If less treaties is a good thing, then cancel all of yours.

But it's not. What is important for the world is not less treaties, but balance. This cancellation puts the world ever so slightly more out of balance, and therefore is not a good thing, not just from the perspective of "our side," but from a universal perspective. It's only 'good' for those at the top, and then only if your objectives are to gain absolute control the entire world as NPO and friends once did.

Anyway, Best of luck to our allies in TPF, and good luck to FEAR.

[/quote]

[quote name='Cornelius' timestamp='1288034482' post='2492971']
Always sad to see cancellations based on lack of information, but definitely understandable.

I thought it was only diamonds that are forever?

Actually, since we were already treatied to three members of PB before the bloc was signed (four if you count the ODP with GOONS), you're overestimating a bit there. If you're counting actual treaties, sure, but there are a few duplicates in there.
[/quote]

Both of you, are being a bit naughty. I guess Janova already said he was joking just a bit. However, if the world has too many treaties, its the responsibility of alliances who have a ton of treaties to cancel theirs, not the alliances that have fewer.

I however, don't discredit the alliances that have a ton of treaties. If anything its the alliances that sign with them that deserve judgement. If my alliance has forty treaties, and another alliance wants to sign we me. Their FA minded people deserve to be kicked, if they think an alliance with so many treaties are going to take them all seriously.

[quote name='ClashCityRocker' timestamp='1288034656' post='2492972']
Too bad this has been an MDoaP for about a year
[/quote]
Huh, apologies then. It was listed as a MADP in my web, apparently no-one had posted the amendment or I missed it.

SCY, you're another one who thinks I said 'One less treaty is a good thing ...'. I didn't. I said 'One less [b]MADP[/b] is a good thing'.

[quote name='Calderone' timestamp='1288040464' post='2493040']
Best of luck to both Fear and TPF. You guys really have been tied forever or so it seems. Can't fault the cancelation reasoning though and its good to see the honesty about your own part in communications failure.

P.S. Sup Turtle. :awesome:
[/quote]

Sup C. Pretty much spot on with your analysis, as usual :awesome:

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1288040847' post='2493045']

SCY, you're another one who thinks I said 'One less treaty is a good thing ...'. I didn't. I said 'One less [b]MADP[/b] is a good thing'.
[/quote]

Either you misread my opinion, or I did a poor job of communicating it. Re-read what I said and take a look at the parts I'm bolding this time.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1288037209' post='2492997']
Both of you, are being a bit naughty. I guess Janova already said he was joking just a bit. However, [b]if the world has too many treaties[/b], its the responsibility of alliances who have a ton of treaties to cancel theirs, not the alliances that have fewer.

[b]I however, don't discredit the alliances that have a ton of treaties[/b]. If anything its the alliances that sign with them that deserve judgement. If my alliance has forty treaties, and another alliance wants to sign we me. Their FA minded people deserve to be kicked, if they think an alliance with so many treaties are going to take them all seriously.
[/quote]