An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

[center][img]http://thecastlehall.com/mkflag.png[/img][/center]

Hello everyone.

It's been a while, and I wasn't intending on doing this, so you'll have to forgive me for the lack of detail, eloquence, or whatever else you may be hoping for from this most monumental of announcements. So, let's get on with it, shall we?

As of earlier today, notice of cancellation has been served to every single treaty partner the Mushroom Kingdom [s]has[/s]had. I won't bother listing them all out, as the pieces of digital paper are more or less irrelevant now. There are two exceptions to this. Alchemy and Aloha. As you will see to some degree in what follows, this actually makes sense. But, quite simply, it'd be a cold move to abandon them. So don't mess.

The prevailing question seems to be - why? Not a bad question, actually. There are people in a far better position than myself to answer this question, I would say, so there isn't terribly much I'm going to be willing to say publicly.

That said, the treaty web is a malady, sapping the lifeblood from this planet. It entraps and entangles. It prevents. And, most criminally of all, it dictates. It defines who your friends are. It defines who you respect and who you don't. It divides the world into poles and ties you to people you may not have consented to.

So, let us have a reset, shall we? The Mushroom Kingdom still has its friends. We are as close to our friends as we were yesterday. No piece of paper has the power to change that. And, if it did, well...heh. That says a lot, doesn't it?

People will say this has been done before. Well, we'll see how it goes. I should note that the Kingdom is not going paperless. We're simply hitting the reset button. I'm not sure I would recommend "taking advantage of the situation" as it might be. That might not end well for you.

For more information, or for a better explanation, I recommend you contact the Crown Prince or the Lord High Envoy. This message has only been submitted out of the necessity of the all-powerful Global Information Market.

Signed this 4th day of October, 2010
[i]Archon[/i]
King of the Mushroom Kingdom

P.S. Given the...rather prominent nature of this announcement, I'd like to also take this moment to announce that I have once again taken a leave of absence. This was officially effective September 23rd, 2010, though it's been a reality for much longer than that. My reasons are my own (OOC: and are purely OOC), and [i]have nothing to do with this announcement[/i]. As such, Lebubu should be henceforth styled Crown Prince, not simply Prince. There will be no temporary Prince, as I am capable of stepping in from time to time...such as right now, when something needed to be said. Enough of you should be familiar with how last time went down that I needn't say any more. For those who aren't, go ask someone who knows.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've really overestimated you guys.

I'm honestly disappointed in this. Feel free to give sarcastic quips badgering me about what I mean by this comment...But I'll leave it to your interpretation.

I thought you guys had a better move than this in the wings.

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1286243567' post='2474972']
Your delusional to believe your "allies" are happy with this and that we will take you back should you want us and considering how you're operating now I pray to god you don't want us.
[/quote]
Not here, Corrupt.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1286243574' post='2474973']
I've really overestimated you guys.

I'm honestly disappointed in this. Feel free to give sarcastic quips badgering me about what I mean by this comment...But I'll leave it to your interpretation.

I thought you guys had a better move than this in the wings.
[/quote]
NSO is somehow angry about everything we do even if it's dropping all of our allies