Rekindling the FIRE

letub

[center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Cope/FIREofficialannouncement.png[/img][/center]

[center][img]http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo151/Xerxer17/FIRE/FIREFLAG.png[/img][/center]

A little over a year ago, the last FIRE disbanded due to some unfortunate circumstances. After much though, a lot of planning, and a capable government, we've decided to rekindle the flame and bring back FIRE. This time, we're doing it right!

Our Charter:

[quote][quote]
[center][color=black][size=18pt]The Spark[/size][/color]
[i]The Official Charter of [b][color="#FF0000"]FIRE[/color][/b][/i][/center]

Preamble: We, the members of FIRE, hereby set forth this charter of which our unified alliance will abide by. The FIRE’s cornerstones of unity, strength, courage, community, discipline and respect coupled with this document is the official definition of FIRE.

Article I. Admissions

Section I. Requirements for Admissions into FIRE

- Applicant must be located on the Red trading sphere, unless granted an exemption.
- Applicant must have alliance affiliation set to “FIRE Applicant”
- Applicant cannot be in any wars

Once all requirements have been met, the applicant must post an application in their own thread. After application has been posted the Department of Interior will process the application.

Article II. Membership

Section I. Government

The Fire Lord of FIRE

The Fire Lord is the highest position in the FIRE, and the chief figurehead of the alliance in any and all situations. He/she retains supreme power over the FIRE and its affairs, both internal and external. In any and all alliance decisions and activities, the Fire Lord retains final judgment, and his/her word, when official, is policy or law.
The FIRE Lord will also name his/her successor in the case of retirement or extended absence.

The Directorate

Along with the Fire Lord, the Directorate functions as the de facto political body of the alliance. Appointed by the Fire Lord, the Directorate consists of the Director of Defense, the Director of State, the Director of the Interior, the Director of Finance.

Each Director holds undisputed authority over their areas of duty, answering only to the Fire Lord.
Each Director retains the right to appoint officers to head the various departments and offices under their supervision and guidance.

The specific duties of the Directorate members are as follows:

Director of Defense

The Director of Defense is the head of the armed forces of the FIRE, and functions as commander-in-chief during times of external conflict. His/her duties are to maintain the military by any means deemed necessary, including organization and maintenance of the alliances FIRE fighters.

Director of State

The Director of State is the head of the FIRE foreign affairs department. His/her duties include ensuring that the foreign relations of the alliance are secure and ongoing; this may be accomplished by assigning diplomats to other alliances and creating embassies per request as he/she sees fit.

Director of the Interior

The Director of the Interior is head of the FIRE internal affairs department. The department includes all activities concerning the general membership of the FIRE, including moderation of the forums, admissions and the instructing of new members, trades, media efforts and forum maintenance.

Director of Finance

The Director of Finance is head of the FIRE financial department. He/she coordinates all aid programs and makes sure that FIRE nations are as strong as possible.

Section II. FIRE Nations

General Membership

The General FIRE Membership make up the body of FIRE. All FIRE members have rights including but not limited to freedom of speech, and the freedom to internally run their nation as they please.

Any member of the alliance who has graduated from FIRE's Academy (unless otherwise authorized) may propose legislation to the government.

Elders

The 'Elder' position is awarded to members that have stepped down from a government position as well as other committed members that have served FIRE in a very special way. Elders have no specific duties or power, but instead is an honor bestowed on a highly respected FIRE member.

Fire Lord Emeritus

Former Fire Lords are granted the title Fire Lord Emeritus due to their service to FIRE. The role of the Fire Lord Emeritus is to give guidance to the current Fire Lord and to continue to help lead FIRE to greatness.

Article III. War

Section I. Alliance Wide War

Although FIRE will hope to settle most political incidents diplomatically, we understand this is not always an option therefore: The Fire Lord is the only FIRE nation who is able to declare war on another alliance. In the case of an absence and no contact can be made to the current Fire Lord, a Fire Lord Emeritus may step up as commanding officer of FIRE and declare war.

Section II. Tech Raiding

Tech Raiding is completely prohibited in FIRE. Any nation found in violation of this clause will be dealt with on a case by case basis, punishment including but not limited to expulsion and/or ZI.

Section III. Nuclear Policy

No FIRE nation is allowed to first-strike with a nuke on another nation without consent from the FIRE Lord, or the Director of Defense.

Article IV. Impeachment/Expulsion

Section I. Fire Lord

The FIRE Lord may be impeached when five or more FIRE members sign their names to a thread with a vote of no confidence. In order for the FIRE Lord to be removed, the membership must vote to a 60% majority.

Should the Fire Lord be incapacitated from his/her responsibilities at any time for any reason without previous mention, one of the Fire Lord Emeritus shall function as chief of state pro tempore until further notice. The Fire Lord Emeritus, shall chose a candidate for a new Fire Lord from anywhere within FIRE including but not limited to themselves. The candidate must then be voted in by a 3/4 of the Directorate.

Section II. The Directorate

Members of the Directorate may only be removed/impeached by the Fire Lord. Any member of FIRE may propose to the Fire Lord that a member of the Directorate be removed under reasonable accusation; the Fire Lord will make his/her decision.

Section III. FIRE Nations

Any FIRE nation found to be breaking the rules set forth in this document may be brought forth by a member of FIRE government for an investigation. The government shall convene and discuss punishment including but not limited to expulsion. Only the Fire Lord may officially expel a member. Any member expelled from FIRE may only be allowed to return with permission from the Fire Lord.

Article V. Amendment

In order to change and/or add anything to The Spark, any FIRE member may post their proposed amendment in the correct part of the forums. If the said amendment gains enough support, a vote will be held that lasts 5 days. If the vote passes with a 67% “Aye” vote, then the amendment will officially be added to the charter. The Fire Lord may veto any amendment he/she feels is harmful to the well being of FIRE.
[/quote][/quote]

Forums- www.cn-fire.com
IRC- #FIRE on Coldfront

Thanks to Xerxer of RoK for the flag :wub:
To PotFace of Blackstone Commission for the announcement pic :wub:
And to Gibsonator21 for being, well Gibs... :wub:

Current FIRE government:

[b]letub - FIRE Lord
Empress Elizabeth - Director of State
Lobam - Director of Finance
Black Jack - Director of Internal Affairs
Johnny137A - Director of Defense
Fire Lord Emeritus: TimLee, Kevanovia[/b]

Also, regarding The United Front... The TUF AA will be under our protection until they move over to the FIRE AA.

Edited by letub

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck.

You're going to need it with all those old inactive nations from The United Front that for being as old as they are never ever have seemed to grow.

Also, shouldn't Athens be protecting The United Front AA? That's if that's still the plan for where you're getting your membership.

As someone who does graphics myself occasionally, those graphics are sweet. Very crisp.

This is a wait-and-see thing, but thus far, I like what I see and I wish FIRE the best of luck.

Did I miss who they were protected by?

[quote name='RePePe' timestamp='1282181781' post='2422372']
As someone who does graphics myself occasionally, those graphics are sweet. Very crisp.

This is a wait-and-see thing, but thus far, I like what I see and I wish FIRE the best of luck.

Did I miss who they were protected by?
[/quote]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=90871"]Athens.[/url]

I hope it turns out better this time. I must admit I headdesked when the last incarnation went under.

o/ FIRE

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1282181443' post='2422361']
Good Luck.

You're going to need it with all those old inactive nations from The United Front that for being as old as they are never ever have seemed to grow.

Also, shouldn't Athens be protecting The United Front AA? That's if that's still the plan for where you're getting your membership.
[/quote]

Nah, we'll be fine. Worry about your own alliance before us. ;)

Also, we're protecting TUF for the next 10 days.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1282181969' post='2422380']
Isn't this like... your third try?
[/quote]
Isn't the third time the charm?

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1282182130' post='2422387']
I expect to see you in the Sanction race one day if you are indeed doing it right. More likely I'll be seeing a disbandment notice one day because of inactivity.

Good luck though.
[/quote]

Don't worry about our activity. We have strong membership and it will boost us into your expectations of being in the Sanction race. :)

Edited by Gibsonator21

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1282182330' post='2422392']
Isn't the third time the charm?
[/quote]
Eh... I dunno about that. I'm just entertained by the idea that you're the first alliance to disband and reform [i]twice.[/i] I don't think anybody else has done that, though I could be mistaken.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1282182394' post='2422395']
Eh... I dunno about that. I'm just entertained by the idea that you're the first alliance to disband and reform [i]twice.[/i] I don't think anybody else has done that, though I could be mistaken.
[/quote]

Generally people take the hint after the second time they fail to make it work.

Wikied it, and the first "FIRE" was the Federation of Independent "R" Empires. So technically, this is only the second incarnation, if you go by the [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Federation_of_Imperial_Red_Empires"]full name[/url].

[quote name='Uralica' timestamp='1282182645' post='2422403']
Wikied it, and the first "FIRE" was the Federation of Independent "R" Empires. So technically, this is only the second incarnation, if you go by the [url="http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Federation_of_Imperial_Red_Empires"]full name[/url].
[/quote]

You are correct. And if you want to think about it this way, we're the first FIRE without Carter. But we had nothing to do with the very first FIRE.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1282182394' post='2422395']
[/quote]

Cool, famous for something already. We'll have to add to that resume then.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1282182496' post='2422397']
Generally people take the hint after the second time they fail to make it work.
[/quote]

Those people are called quitters. ;)

Edited by Gibsonator21