In Response to Recent Drama

[center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100115003205/cybernations/images/6/6c/Gatoflag2.png[/img][/center]

Hello today ladies and gentlemen of planet,

I come to you with sad news. For over four years GATO has marked its trail by upholding to the best of its ability the virtues of honor, strength, and justice. Many tough decisions have been made along our road and tonight I come before everyone with one of our toughest decisions to date. We have been friends with NSO in some form for over the past year; however, despite differing FA paths, we have maintained a close relationship. However, when we sign treaties we expect both parties to uphold it. It has come to our attention that our treaty has been violated.

[quote]Article II.
The signatories agree to communicate with each other regarding any possible outside threats which may cause harm to one or both parties[/quote]

Therefore, it gives me no pleasure in referring you to this article:

[quote]Article IV.
This treaty shall be considered null and void if any criterion of this agreement is found to be violated by either signatory.
[/quote]

I wish our brown brethren in the New Sith Order good luck. We harbor no ill will and hope to continue speaking with you through out this hard time.

[center][img]http://www.clipartguide.com/_named_clipart_images/0511-0811-0316-4958_Cartoon_of_a_Funny_Snowman_clipart_image.jpg[/img][/center]

Now an announcement from Omni the snowman. Hi, I've heard whispers about forcefully disbanding NSO. We may have lost the treaty, but we still have morals. Doing this would make me a mad snowman and when snowmen get too hot over anger they melt. So it won't turn out well for any of us. Also RoK I don't like being shoo-ed away when I come to try and solve an issue. I understand the reasoning, but it still irks me. Do not think it's gone un-noticed.

That's all for tonight. Carry on your drama.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not an easy decision, and an interesting way to go about handling it. I'm sure plenty of folks will find fault with it, but I would not let that deter you.

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1281332061' post='2406654']
So you're canceling your treaty with NSO because they didn't tell you that 5 alliances were planning to declare on them?
[/quote]

No, we're considering the treaty void because someone decided to commit an act of war and not even think to inform their allies. Spin it how you want to though Baldr.

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1281332066' post='2406655']
Dropping a treaty for any reason immediately after the partner is attacked is always an honorable move.
[/quote]

I hope this is sarcasm, because you're making no sense right now.

[quote name='The Reccesion' timestamp='1281332200' post='2406666']
Omni, I have always respected you and thought very highly of you. But this move makes me sad. :(
[/quote]

If it upsets someone in OO, it's [s]probably [/s] definitely the right move.

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1281332061' post='2406654']
So you're canceling your treaty with NSO because they didn't tell you that 5 alliances were planning to declare on them?
[/quote]

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1281332066' post='2406655']
Dropping a treaty for any reason immediately after the partner is attacked is always an honorable move.
[/quote]

Kinda along the lines of these two responses.

Your pointing out its void because they got blind-sighted by war with five alliances without telling you ahead of time? I'm sure that NSO is hardly bothered by your cancellation. NSO's a good alliance and their willingness to not bring other alliances in to die with them for no gain is admirable. GATO on the other hand, not so much.

Good luck, I suppose.

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1281332089' post='2406657']
Not an easy decision, and an interesting way to go about handling it. I'm sure plenty of folks will find fault with it, but I would not let that deter you.
[/quote]
ARCHON IS POSTING!?!?!?!?!?!?
Also, :( one NSo ally gone.

[quote name='ConeBone69' timestamp='1281332174' post='2406664']
This is a silly excuse to cancel a treaty. If you don't want the treaty, just say so.
[/quote]

As I stated before NSO is our friends, but if you're going to if you're going to jump off a cliff ,while holding our shirt, without letting me know anything I'll simply take my shirt off. It would have taken five seconds to send me a pm about the matter which was never done. I can't help someone when problems aren't communicated.

[quote name='The Reccesion' timestamp='1281332200' post='2406666']
Omni, I have always respected you and thought very highly of you. But this move makes me sad. :(
[/quote]

As it does me.