MHA Announcement

[center][img]http://www.mostlyharmlessalliance.com/styles/hermes/imageset/MHA.jpg[/img][/center]

On November 5, 2008, the Mostly Harmless Alliance and The Grämlins came together to present a unique treaty in The Härmlin Accords. Since that time, our two alliances have been through a lot, both good and bad.

There are many that will say that without the Grämlins, MHA would not be where it is today. For a long time, our alliance was greatly assisted by the Grämlins, both financially and diplomatically. That bond of friendship lasted for many months. Even as, to our dismay, many of the prominent members slowly left the alliance.

Eventually, Ramirus Maximus came to power and soon began changing the Grämlins into an entity that, by his own admission, was not the same alliance we had signed with; all of this while insulting those we called friends.

Sadly, the Grämlins recently embarked on a path in which we were unwilling to follow. In fact, we were not asked to do so. Soon after the Easter Accords were signed, Ramirus told us, "We'll handle it from here." What followed was a demand for IRON's unconditional surrender that many, both in our alliance and the world at large, did not support. This further strained the relationship. As feared, this path has lead to the demise of our once great ally.

We're glad to see that they found peace, but we miss our old friends and we are sad to see what their alliance has become. When the Accords were signed, we could not envision that such a change would take place. It is with heavy hearts that we must do what we at one time considered unthinkable and cancel The Härmlin Accords. We wish the remaining Grämlins the very best of luck. Out of respect for the relationship we once shared, we will continue to protect their AA for one week.

As for us, we will always remember the fifth of November as a day when a bond turned into a brotherhood, and the day when we became one with The Grämlins. Thank you for everything our former brothers.

[u]Signed,[/u]
MajorDDF, [i]Triumvir[/i]
Dynasty, [i]Triumvir[/i]
Cable77, [i]Triumvir[/i]
Unpronounced, [i]Minister of Hitchhikers[/i]
MaDSpartus, [i]Minister of Destructor Fleets[/i]
Yankeefan2, [i]Minister of Babel Fish[/i]
Jadoo1989, [i]Minister of Towels, Triumvir Emeritus[/i]
Priya91, [i]Minister of Bad Poetry[/i]

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1280703114' post='2397443']
How do you cancel a treaty without a cancellation clause, indeed one that specifically says it cannot be cancelled?
[/quote]
The same way you weasel your way out of a year long cancellation clause, be a terrible alliance

Post the DoN already, MHA...

How do you cancel a treaty without a cancellation clause, indeed one that specifically says it cannot be cancelled?
[/quote]

Shhh...MHA is auditioning for actually doing something for a change. Don't spook them. ;p

[/quote]

Treaties mean what you see in them, there was once a trend going on were you needed to be a lawyer to be allowed to write a treaty. I´m glad were over that phase. Although I don´t think paperless FA is the way to go, treaties should have the meaning you´re giving to them yourself.

You have cancelled a treaty with a year long cancel period and an eternal treaty. Seriously, if anything the Gremlins NEED your help right now and you are abandoning them. Way to go.

Ram is nuts HOWEVER, this treaty was eternal, through thick and thin, till death do you part. You broke that vow.

Edited by AirMe

[/quote]

A mistake was made, a big mistake. No matter what the treaty there should be room for change in the unseen future.

Dynasty said it well when he pointed out, "If a treaty is only recognized by two alliances, and one alliance no longer recognizes it, then it holds no strength. More so, our charter says the people are sovereign, and the people spoke to cancel the treaty. Our charter triumphs all treaties; thus, the treaty had to become void."

We expect the MHA haters will verbally attack us over this. The GRE haters will hail it. We don't want to see either as this whole thing quite frankly sucks. We never wanted to see GRE become what they have, but can no longer continue pretending we're fine with it and best of friends when we're not.

Edited by Cable77

[quote name='Wentworth the Brave' timestamp='1280703589' post='2397458']
What's the point of holding on when they can no longer help you financially and diplomatically amirite?
[/quote]

It's not a hard decision to cancel on someone after the months and months of acting crazy. The real decision would have been canceling on Gremlins right when the stupidty of "Unconditional Surrender" began and Gremlins refused to listen to common sense by MHA. Much more of a political statement.