A Communique from The Goa'uld Empire

[center][img]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn22/iCleanACV/GoauldFlag.png[/img][/center]

Inhabitants of Bob,

The Goa'uld Empire has chosen today to make itself known. We have already conquered the Corporation and are in the process of assimilating FoA... be warned. /theme

I could not be prouder to stand before all citizens of Bob today. On Sept. 12, 2009, almost one year ago, the Corporation announced its existence and intent to hit a number of goals. Rather than rehashing all said goals (for those can be viewed and verified on the Corp wiki), all I will say is that it has been a pleasure, an adventure, and at times a stress-inducing ride helping to lead The Corporation these past 11 months.

Recently, myself, iClean and most of the other founding/active members of The Corporation began to discuss things that could help Corp reinvent, or at the very least reinvigorate. Should we merge? Disband? Go on an 18 year walk through the desert? All of the options were reviewed, and with the consent of our membership and support of our allies, we decided that a rebranding and renaming was the way to go. Our active members were thrilled at the impending change, and this is most easily seen in the fact that our recruitment (both recruitment messages sent out and actual recruits coming in) almost tripled since the change was made known to our members. We could not be more pleased, and could not be looking more forward to the coming months.

We are also pleased (and somewhat saddened) to have our good friends and protectorates in FoA decide to join The Goa'uld Empire. Welcome aboard, friends.

Legal Stuff: In an effort to maintain the sense of community and history we have created over the past 11 months (and really past 16 months as we began planning Corp in March of 2009), we have decided that for any large scale extra-planet goings on, such as anniversaries or wikis, we will maintain the "Corp/Goauld" Franchise. As such, our anniversary will remain Sept. 12, and our wiki will be updated to reflect the change but may continue to be accessed under both names (though the Corp one will eventually fall out of date and point users to the Goauld one.)

All treaties of the Corporation remain active and have been carried over to The Goa'uld Empire, with the blessing of our allies. We will remain a Green Team alliance and UJA signatory.

It goes without saying that the AAs of The Corporation and Corp Investor will remain under our protection in perpituity, and we will maintain all rights to the name. As well, the AA FoA will remain under our protection indefinitely. As will International Protection Agency and The Order of Halsa, for that matter.

Without further ado, the charter of The Goa'uld Empire:

[quote][center]The Goa'uld Empire[/center]
Charter of The Gou’ald Empire

Preamble: The Gou’ald Empire is a Cybernations Alliance located on the Green trading sphere. The Gou’ald Empire believes in personal, alliance-wide, and ally-wide strength. All citizens of the empire are empowered to do what they feel will make the Empire stronger, as long as those actions do not contravene any of the clauses contained herein.
I. Membership

1. Admission
A. All applicants will be required to fill out the proper application and follow the procedures outlined by the department Lord.
B. If an applicant to The Gou’ald Empire is engaged in any wars at the time of application, they must be ended before the applicant becomes eligible for entry into The Empire. If it comes to the attention of the Gou’ald that the applicant is on any ZI lists, the applicant will be denied entry until such time that proof exists that the applicant has been removed from all said ZI lists..

2. Member Expectations
a. Stay Active - Have the motivation and desire to see the Goa’uld Empire succeed. This may mean doing undesirable work for the advancement of the Empire at times.
b. Look Good - By acting in a responsible manner that will reflect well on the Empire in all public arenas.
c. Show Respect – To each member in the Empire no matter their size, status, political affiliation, or race, and to all allies and foes.
d. Obey - The orders of superiors. They are in their position for a reason. Follow the chain of command and pray to your respective Gods.
e. Enjoy- Most importantly, remember that this is a vehicle for entertainment, and as such, it is meant to be fun and entertaining.

II. Government

1. System Lords - The triumvirate of The Gou’ald Empire. As Gods, they serve for life and cannot be overthrown. If one steps down from his throne, the remaining two will appoint the third member with 2/3 vote from the rest of gov.
2. First Prime - Manages the Imperial Council and is a lifetime appointment by a 2/3 vote from the System Lords. If found neglecting his job, he can be removed by a unanimous vote from the System Lords.
3. Imperial Council - Consists of Imperial Lords elected every 3 months. The Imperial Council runs their respective departments. If found that the imperial Lord is not performing his duty, he may be removed at the first prime’s discretion with at least two System Lords consent. Upon removal, a replacement is selected with a 2/3 vote from the System Lords upon advice from the First Prime.
4. High ministers – Appointed every 3 months by the Imperial Lords, after election, to assist with their respective departments. If the High Minister is found in dereliction of duty, he may be replaced by the Imperial Lord of the respective department with consent from the First Prime.

III. War/peace
1. War can be declared upon unanimous consent from the System Lords, or 2/3 consent plus the vote of the First Prime.
2. An attack on the Gou’ald Empire shall immediately be met with a recognition of hostilities, and counter attack by the Empire unless a unanimous vote of the System Lords suspends counter measures.
3. For a war to be concluded, peace must be agreed by 2/3 of the System Lords.

IV. Foreign Affairs
1. The Imperial Legate is free to create and maintain relations with any alliance he so chooses upon consent from the System Lord of Serpents, however any and all treaties must be agreed to by the Imperial Legate and a 2/3 vote of the System Lords. A vote amongst all active Gou’ald citizens will be held prior to any treaty signing, however this vote is not legally binding.
2. Treaties may be cancelled at the discretion of the System Lords.

V. Exit
1. Any Gou’ald citizen is permitted to leave the Empire during peace time, as long as all previous debts have been repayed to the Empire. Leaving the alliance during times of war is prohibited unless consent is received from the First Prime.
2. A Gou’ald citizen may be forcibly removed from the Empire if he is found in contravention of any of the responsibilities outlined in article I.2, or if his application as outlined in article I.1 is found to be fraudulent.
VI. Amendments
1. Any Gou’ald citizen may propose an amendment at any time. If this amendment is found to be acceptable by the First Prime and 2/3 vote of the System Lords, it will be refered to a vote of the Imperial Lords. 75% majority is required in order for an amendment to pass.[/quote]

--

I am pleased to announce that our good friend TeamColtra has made his way into the world. The Pirate Party of CyberNations is under the protection of The Goa'uld Empire from all raids and unprovoked wars until The Empire or the Pirate Party sees fit to state otherwise. Raiders be warned... but lets face it, those damn raiders are all friends of ours anyway.

And lastly, I am pleased to announce the inaugural goverment of The Goa'uld Empire:

System Lord of the Underworld – iClean
System Lord of Serpents - Kevin McDonald
System Lord of Terror – UnitedNations
First Prime (Regent) - Obiwan

Imperial Lord of the Fleet - Wehrmacht13
Imperial Lord of the Jaffa Guard - Jake997
Imperial Lord of the Mines – KingNeptune
Imperial Lord of Technology - Amanalam
Imperial Lord of the Exchequer - Hiro Nakara
Imperial Legate - Jonathan Archer

[i]*Please note we will be finalizing more government positions in the next week, and a fully updated list will be made available when completed.[/i]

Please visit us in #theempire on Coldfront, and note #corporation will be open, if not active, for the remainder of the week. Please visit us at http://s4.zetaboards.com/The_Goauld_Empire/ We regret that no embassies or masks could be carried over.

o7 Empire
o7 Corp
o7 Green

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1280217046' post='2391016']
Just wondering, why did you change your name?
[/quote]
Changing their name from The Corporation to resemble the likes of a brutal race of galactic conquerors and body-snatchers is a subtle yet biting commentary on the nature of capitalism in its modern form, much like how their previous migration to green highlighted the common corporate tactic of looking environmentally conscious while changing little of their world-pillaging ways.

I move that the name change should have been from "The Corporation" to "The Metaphor" :|

But seriously, congrats on the name change and merger. Beware MacGuyver.

[img]http://www.mobileapples.com/Assets/Content/Wallpapers/laughing%20teal%20c.jpg[/img]

BREAKING NEWS! A local Scots Empire politician has just been elected on a platform of going to war against the new Goa'uld Empire! His picture is shown above.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1280215931' post='2391001']
SOMEONE'S ALWAYS PLAYING
CORPORATION GAMES
WHO CARES THEY'RE ALWAYS CHANGING
CORPORATION NAMES

Allies change name, life continues.
[/quote]

I literally laughed out loud.

Sad to see Corp gone, I liked that theme. Best of luck with the merger.

Thanks for all the kind wishes and support.

To clarify, this was not a merger... this was a rebranding, at least that's the term we're using. Our former protectorate agreed to merge into Corp long ago and then stick around for our changeover to Goa'uld, we're just announcing both now.

It's about time. iClean warned me like forever ago to look out for an interesting announcement from you guys coming soon, and I was starting to think he wasn't gonna pull through for me :(

Have fun as your new AA with your new members. Y'all have went through a ton of changes in the past year, hopefully these recent ones will be the ones that stick.