There's something about these old friends...

Today I present to you a treaty between TFD and USN: two alliances whose relationship goes back many many months, and even years, into CN History. Our relationship reaches back through the years, during the many occasions that we've met: through mutual allies, through war, through open diplomatic relations. Yes, TFD and USN have known each other for a very long time now, and have been neighbors in the treaty web for even longer; and it has made us ask ourselves why we have never been closer. Thankfully, the idea actually clicked in our heads, and I'm here with much excitement to announce "The Other Old Friends Treaty."
A quick note on the name of the treaty. The first "Old Friends Treaty" was signed with UCN, also old buddies from long ago. That treaty was signed a while back, but there is still a pattern of us picking back up on the relationships from many moons ago, so we've decided to name this treaty in accordance with the trend we've created. :awesome:

Here's the goods.

[QUOTE]
[center][img]http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/4475/tfdflagbj0.png[/img] [img]http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4021/usnflag.png[/img][/center]
[center][b]The Other Old Friends Treaty[/b][/center]
[center][i]An Economic PIAT Featuring The Foreign Division and United Sovereign Nations.[/i][/center]

[center][b]Preamble[/b][/center]
This treaty between The Foreign Division and the United Sovereign Nations, hereby known as "TFD" and "USN," respectively, "the signatories," or "Old Friends," symbolises the intentions of both alliances to grow closer in their long time relationship.  This bond also will facilitate an excellent sharing of mutual alliance development through economic means.

[center][b]Article I:  Sovereignty[/b][/center]
[center]Both signatories shall remain sovereign and independent of each other.[/center]

[center][b]Article II:  Peace[/b][/center]
Doing economic "business" and attacking each other is simply counter productive.  Both alliances shall refrain from acts of hostility towards each other.  Should a member of either signatory conduct any aggressive action towards a member of the other signatory, including but not limited to, espionage, scamming, military action, or verbal abuse, that member shall be punished fully according to each alliances' Charters.

This also entails a high level of respect and civility that all members of both signatories should maintain towards each other at all times.  Should any grievances arise, they should be dealt with by notifying the relevant Government officials.

[center][b]Article III:  Intelligence[/b][/center]
Should either signatory receive information regarding the other signatory with potential relevance to the security of said signatory, this information shall be shared swiftly, so long as no other treaty implications stand in the way.

[center][b]Article IV:  Aid[/b][/center]
Should either signatory need military, financial, or diplomatic aid, they are allowed to request assistance from the other signatory.  However, this signatory is not required to fulfill the request, although it is encouraged.

[center][b]Article V:  More Aid[/b][/center]
According to this treaty, both signatories agree to cooperate economically with each other and agree to be an active part of each others' economic programs.  This shall be done at the discretion of both alliances' Economics coordinators, and it is essential that both be in communication with each other on this matter regularly.  In the good spirit of this treaty, both signatories agree that a minimum of economic dealings must occur and agree to promote this by organizing tech deals between each other.

[center][b]Article VI: Termination[/b][/center]
Should either signatory decide that the Old Friends must separate paths and go on their own journeys once again, seventy-two hours notice of cancellation must be given to the other signatory.  During this time, this document is still in effect, and after this time, both signatories are bound to Article II of this treaty for a further 120 hours.

[center][b][u]Signed for The Foreign Division:[/u][/b]
Speaker: [i]LetsHunt[/i]
Senator: [i]Cadieness[/i]
Senator: [i]Illius Vander[/i]
Senator: [i]The Iggy[/i]
Senator: [i]Phil[/i]
Minister of Foreign Affairs: [i]GearHead[/i]

[b][u]Signed for United Sovereign Nations:[/u][/b]
[b]Admin Council[/b]
[i]Cora[/i]
[i]Beale947[/i]
[i]Vladisvok Destino[/i]

[b]High Council[/b]
Security General: [i]Borimir Resurrected[/i]
Minster of Recruitment: [i]rylejed[/i]
Minister of Internal Affairs: [i]ninia22[/i]
Minister of Foreign Affairs: [i]Gofast2006[/i]
Minister of Economics: [i]Dexomega[/i]

[/center]
[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely in :wub: with some USN right now. :blush:

o/

[quote name='fluffyewunga' date='05 April 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1270488394' post='2249274']
Good to see this. We've been like ships passing for to long

o/ TFD

:wub: Gearhead
[/quote]

/me boards fluffyewunga
yarr, hand over yer booty![img]http://foreigndivision.org/Smileys/default/ninpir.gif[/img]

ahem...

good to see this announced :) this can only bring benefits :)

[quote name='fluffyewunga' date='05 April 2010 - 01:26 PM' timestamp='1270488394' post='2249274']
Good to see this. We've been like ships passing for to long

o/ TFD

:wub: Gearhead
[/quote]

Woahh, a coherant post :o

that aside, Congrats to you.

[quote name='fluffyewunga' date='07 April 2010 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1270645863' post='2251573']
You should see CDT

UCN
UPN
USN

We like U*N's
[/quote]

All of them our friends :awesome:

Glad to see this treaty :)