Grämlins Poll

amad123

Your vote counts make the most of it.  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, there is one thing no one can doubt: it made things more interesting
The war has been pretty boring politics wise for the last two months, since then we've been killing each other, but nothing has really moved. Grämlins surely made stuff more interesting for all of us, though I am not quite sure this ends up being the more profitable choice for them.

Grämlins will be utterly defeated by the forces against them and have the tables turned on them and I will lol.

Respect! What respect! Grämlins don’t need no stink’n respect. They have Ramirus Maximus!

Clearly, these are the only answers.

Grämlins have a master plan, what they really want is everyone in CN to unconditionally surrender to them.

Respect! What respect! Grämlins don’t need no stink’n respect. They have Ramirus Maximus!

:v:

[quote name='Thorgrum' date='02 April 2010 - 04:29 PM' timestamp='1270250927' post='2245816']
this poll should be interesting, and leading with Sal ensures a high bar has been set and quality entertainment will follow.
[/quote]

On the contrary, I've probably totally ruined the thread. I'm a tough act to follow.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='02 April 2010 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1270252121' post='2245857']
That's because the OP knows everyone had respect for (the previous generation) Grämlins :smug:
[/quote]

Nope, still 0 over here.

There are members of CnG that would like to peace out as well. Terms have pretty much been agreed upon. If Gramlins want to drag this out, then CnG can bypass them and complete their own agreements. Unless of course CnG is using this as an excuse just to keep pounding away. To each his own I guess.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='03 April 2010 - 01:42 AM' timestamp='1270255350' post='2245946']
On the contrary, I've probably totally ruined the thread. I'm a tough act to follow.

[/quote]

Particular emphasis on "act", its been clear for years that your public loathing of gramlins/citadel was resentment for the perception of elitism. You do the beat generation proud Sal, and once again in this thread, you shined.

[quote name='Vandal' date='03 April 2010 - 11:18 AM' timestamp='1270257511' post='2246008']
There are members of CnG that would like to peace out as well. Terms have pretty much been agreed upon. If Gramlins want to drag this out, then CnG can bypass them and complete their own agreements. Unless of course CnG is using this as an excuse just to keep pounding away. To each his own I guess.
[/quote]
I would be surprised if C&G peaced out before other alliances, the same situation presented itself in the karma war against NPO and C&G stayed until an agreement was reached.

[quote name='Thorgrum' date='02 April 2010 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1270257784' post='2246023']
Particular emphasis on "act", its been clear for years that your public loathing of gramlins/citadel was resentment for the perception of elitism. You do the beat generation proud Sal, and once again in this thread, you shined.
[/quote]

Oh no, it's not the elitism at all. It's their complicity in the crimes of the Continuum and their continued refusal to recognize that complicity. And my public loathing does not include every Citadel alliance. I believe FCC was never involved with the Continuum and I don't care much either way about Umbrella.

You can try to psycho-analyze me and their might be some people around here that don't notice such a foolish display, but surely they'd notice the absurdity of "it's been clear for years". You accuse me of putting on act; you obviously haven't a clue what you're talking about.

At one time I actually had quite a bit of respect for them. Post Q they seemed like one alliance that knew what they were doing; I liked their codex, their initiative in distancing themselves from policies they didn't support, and I liked their internal legal/governmental system (I actually read their monstrously long charter :v:). Since then however I have slowly been feeling the pains of disillusionment. Their integral role in the collapse of citadel and its inability to resolve its differences, and their abuse of the liberties they took in their codex to selectively honor treaties and avoid losing conflict (albeit it was quite prudent both in its political and strategic sense) left me with a bad taste. The ways in which the tiered democratic system, (something designed to preserve gremlins and ensure that its most experienced held the greatest sway) was used as means of cementing the long established internal political alignments and cliques was also particularly unfortunate. There were a few rather offensive overt FA blunders made by a particular leader, and perhaps above all I have watched the slow rot of an alliance largely deprived of its past and many of its greatest members. This was an alliance I at one time considered joining, now with this... I am quite glad I refrained. Honestly I hope they can turn themselves around, its sad to see what they have become.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='03 April 2010 - 03:54 AM' timestamp='1270263278' post='2246147']
You can try to psycho-analyze me and their might be some people around here that don't notice such a foolish display, but surely they'd notice the absurdity of "it's been clear for years". You accuse me of putting on act; you obviously haven't a clue what you're talking about.
[/quote]

Not an accusation at all merely following your lead.

[quote]On the contrary, I've probably totally ruined the thread. I'm a tough act to follow.[/quote]

You are a hard act to follow, most blatant liars are particularly when they themselves dont know what they are talking about. Unless you refute your claim of being a "tough act to follow"?

You are getting sloppy Sal, sad you used to be pretty good.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='02 April 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1270263278' post='2246147'] I believe FCC was never involved with the Continuum
[/quote]
We couldn't have been even if we had wanted to - TOP decided we couldn't be trusted to be even informed of it ahead of time. In hindsight, that is something akin to a badge of honor. :v:

I always had a lot of respect for the Gramlins since their showing in GW3 against WUT. I think they were often overly idealistic and maybe somewhat naive (for instance, one of their reasons behind joining the Continuum was an attempt to be a "good influence" on the consolidated world politics). I really don't know what to think of the current Gramlins (though Syzygy disowning them speaks volumes to me) but I'm kinda saddened.

Edited by Arcturus Jefferson

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' date='03 April 2010 - 06:11 AM' timestamp='1270271493' post='2246308']
Until my respect for DAWN exceeds my respect for Grämlins, I'm not going to worry about this poll.
[/quote]
A fair statement, you are invited to get to know us and increase your respect for us accordingly.