The Honour of Du-Khang

Veneke

[i]A short man hunkers down on his haunches cradling a battle rifle. Casting a quick eye over his men take up positions amongst the rubble of the ruined city, he clears a parched throat. His voice sounds over the snaps of rifle fire and din of mortar explosions.[/i]

"Oi, DesertSon! Have you seen JT?"

[i]An old man kneels a few feet away, taking slow measured shots over the parapet of the ruined column in front of him. Rubble surrounds the entire company, seemingly covering the very ground.[/i]

"No sir!"

"Do you think he's dead? Bugger had some beans I have an itching for."

[i]The old man grinned back but looked worriedly at his shorter companion, he was about to say something when a young looking corporal darted through the treacherous paths and up to the two men.[/i]

"Damn it all JT, I was hoping you were dead. You've got beans I've been eyeing for a spell."

"Helpful as always Cap'n," came his dry reply, "got some good news mind. Couldn't find the 22nd, but found some other folks. Look like proper blokes too."

"Well, let's not catch a case of the deadness here lads. DesertSon, mount 'em up."

[i]Three large shells arc over the ruined city, flying over a steadily advancing line of armoured vehicles with large steel ploughs attached to their front, shifting the debris out of the way. The shells drop slowly down towards where the small knot of men were beginning to move, smashing through the remnants of the urban centre they had been using as a base and exploding in mid-air. Newly smashed rubble falls from the sky as the short man throws JT to the ground alongside him. The Corporal screams as bits of rubble strike him.[/i]

"Is it bad?! How bad is it?!"

"It's glorious, now come on!"

[center]*****[/center]

[i]The small company pulled up short of what appeared to be a heavily defended school. Scattered men and women seemed to be examining them critically from their positions. JT, the young Corporal, waves to them,[/i]

"Hello the camp!"

[i]The short, bearded Captain walks up slowly, his small company fanning out behind him.[/i]

"Are ye the 22nd?"

[i]The tall man in brown duster shakes his head.[/i]

"Don't rightly know where the 22nd are. I don't even know where my own unit is. We formed our own group while command figures this gorram mess out, assuming, of course, that they haven't already surrendered. I'm Aryan, Supreme Commander of the Death Before Dishonour outfit."

[center][IMG]http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae292/Wifey31183/57thDB4D.png[/IMG]

[i][b]The Honor of Du-Khang[/b][/i][/center]

[b]Preamble[/b]
[i]Time for some thrilling heroics.[/i]

In the spirit of mutual friendship, protection and converging interests, The 57th Overlanders (57th) and Death Before Dishonor (DB4D), do hereby agree to this treaty of Mutual Defence and Optional Offense in good faith and fully aware of the obligations it puts on them to the other.

[b]Article I: Peaceful relations[/b]
[i]Because its hard to keep this boat in the air when everybody's fightin'.[/i]

In the interests of maintaining this treaty, both 57th and DB4D agree that all disputes, political, military or economic, will be solved in an agreeable and timely manner in accordance with the standard practice of all concerned.

[b]Article II: Intelligence Sharing[/b]
[i]What the hell's goin' on in the engine room? Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys maybe got loose?[/i]

In the interest of proactive defence, both 57th and DB4D agree that all information critical to the defensive and strategic interests of the other will be shared, so as to prevent the attacks of terrifying space monkeys and the like.

[b]Article III: Foreign Aid[/b]
[i]Are you offering me a trade? A trade!? Hell, it's theft! This is the best damn gun made by man. It has extreme sentimental value.[/i]

In the interests of common development and growth, both 57th and DB4D agree that the development and economic stability of one has direct implications on the other's strategic interests, and as such, requests made for economic assistance either in terms of personnel or material will be granted without undue delay or evasion.

[b]Article IV: Mutual Defence[/b]
[i]We've got some local color happening. Your grand entrance would not go amiss right now.[/i]

In the interests of common security and mutual defence, both 57th and DB4D agree that the economic and political well-being of one immediately affects the other. As such, an attack of any kind on one is considered a valid casus belli that must be acted upon by the other.

Where an attack of any kind on one was precipitated by compliance with a treaty separate to this one, there is considered to be a valid casus belli for the other that may be acted upon.

[b]Article V: Optional Offense[/b]
[i]Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time.[/i]

In the interests of coordination of military assets in the best manner possible during wartime, both 57th and DB4D agree to reserve the right to engage alongside the other during any offensive operations.

[b]Article VI: Cancellation[/b]
[i]Sometimes, the catalyzer breaks, and the engines quit runnin'.[/i]

In recognizing that our interests may not always converge, both 57th and DB4D agree to being able to cancel this treaty in its entirety with 72 hours notice. During these 72 hours, the treaty is still considered active.

[u][b]Signed:[/b][/u]

[b][i]For Death Before Dishonor:[/i][/b]

Aryan83- Supreme Commander
bwc153- Minister of Internal Affairs
KarmaSutra- Minister of Foreign Affairs
Azteka- Minister of War and Defense
Frocony- The Director of Awesomeness
OhBuhnanerz- The enforcer guy who blows stuff up, sometimes

[b][i]For 57th Overlanders:[/b][/i]

Veneke, Captain Chuckles.
DesertSon, Commander of Geriatrics
Uisge Beatha, Lieutenant of the Whiskey
Viion, Lieutenant, Official 57th Hugger of Trees

JTKirk, Corporal, Treaty drafter and Chief diplomat to DB4D. The "other" Captain.

It isn't often that we open our doors to the world, but in this case I am confident the right decision was definitely made. On behalf of the entire DB4D alliance, I say with utmost sincerity that I am pleased to take this step into what I believe will be a fruitful relationship with our new-found komrades and Brothers in arms.

It's now a package deal. Mess with the 57th, find DB4D standing behind them.

HAIL the 57th!
HAIL DB4D!

[quote name='DirtDiver' date='26 March 2010 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1269645811' post='2237847']
DB4D!!!!! ;_; i do not approve u have no made me a very sad diver :( sad diver is sad

this is frocony's doing!!!! frocony you monster! sdaklfjaksdfhafja; arghhhh!!!!!!
[/quote]
:ehm:

:wub: to draco

I am proud to say I was part of the unanimous decision to accept this treaty on Death Before Dishonor's behalf!
I expect much shall come of this treaty. Thank you to our new allies for presenting this treaty to us!

o7 57th
o7 DB4D

[quote name='Land of True Israel' date='27 March 2010 - 12:20 AM' timestamp='1269645641' post='2237841']
It isn't often that we open our doors to the world, but in this case I am confident the right decision was definitely made. On behalf of the entire DB4D alliance, I say with utmost sincerity that I am pleased to take this step into what I believe will be a fruitful relationship with our new-found komrades and Brothers in arms.

It's now a package deal. Mess with the 57th, find DB4D standing behind them.

HAIL the 57th!
HAIL DB4D!
[/quote]

And the Armada is standing behind you DB4D :P
WOOOOOOOT congrats on the treaty!!! :D

Hail DB4D
Hail 57th

[quote name='JWConner' date='27 March 2010 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1269701605' post='2238287']
I'm very happy to see that our protectorate has become so close to one of our oldest allies. Very happy day for me...although you won't see me around much anymore :(

o/DB4D
o/57th
[/quote]
woah what!

[quote name='Frocony' date='27 March 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1269739823' post='2238735']
woah what!
[/quote]

It's my time to relinquish my last few responsibilities in VA. I'm officially resigned from all of my positions (head of Academia, Il Duce, etc).

It's time to call it quits. I plan to drop by every so often to see how things are goin, but won't be in any official capacity.