Official Announcement from the Grand Global Alliance

Iotupa

[center][img]http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss130/GrandGlobalAlliance/triumvirateflag4bilrowza7.gif[/img]

[size="6"]Grand Global Alliance[/size]
[size=3]Announcement from the Triumvirate[/size][/center]

Fortuna Fortes Iuvat; fortune favors the brave. Long has this been the motto of the Grand Global Alliance, and never before now has it been more appropriate. Today a group of loyal GGA members have taken back the reigns from a government that has, for far too long, allowed the GGA to stagnate and descend into anarchy and disaster. As of today, the government of the Grand Global Alliance has been removed, to be replaced by Dementual, Shaneprice, and myself, and the forums have been removed from the hands of an outside power and returned to the Grand Global Alliance.

No longer will false leaders be allowed to sit idly by as the alliance falls to ruins, nor will they be able to lead the membership into disastrous situations over and over through ineptitude or lack of concern for the alliance and each member's individual well-being.

Today the Grand Global Alliance enters a new day, poised to take hold of the future, while not forgetting what has led the alliance to its current state, so that mistakes will not be repeated.

All ambassadors are welcome to sign up at our new ambassadorial hall, found [url="http://thegalacticrepublic.net/ggaunited/"]here[/url] as well as visit us in our IRC channel, #GGA.

Fortuna Fortes Iuvat

Signed,
Jonathan Brookbank, Triumvir and Chief Protector of the Realm
Dementual, Triumvir and Chief Protector of the Realm
Shaneprice, Triumvir and Chief Protector of the Realm
Roy_Mustang, Regent of the Grand Global Alliance

P.S. - On a more personal note, I would like to invite all former GGA members that were removed by any former leadership to once again seek membership if you are interested. We will not allow any former leader's decision to remove you to influence us in keeping out loyal members.

Edited by Jonathan Brookbank

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[center][img]http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss130/GrandGlobalAlliance/triumvirateflag4bilrowza7.gif[/img]
[/center][center][size="6"]Grand Global Alliance[/size][/center][center][size=3]Announcement from the Triumvirate[/size][/center][center] [/center]
Greetings to the rulers of the nations of Planet Bob,

I come to you today with some news that is both considerable and arguably long-overdue. As things currently stand, the Grand Global Alliance faces two paths for its future: continue never-changing, facing the glacier valiantly with our sword gleaming and with a blissfully ignorant smile on our faces -- or take the necessary measures to finally bring the alliance into the current age, and perhaps renew some history of the one of the world's oldest alliances, the alliance that a lot of people currently on Bob remember as their first home.

I will begin by saying Grand Global is not an alliance that has not been, by any sense of the word, a shining example of a functional or popular alliance since '07. The last two years, especially, the Grand Global Alliance has been teetering unhealthily towards a clear path of doom. Having become a laughingstock of the world, the GGA had hit its worst recently. This drew several GGA members of old to return and attempt to assist. Having seen what the inside of the Grand Global Alliance is like, we've decided that the old ship needed a bit of an upgrade.

It is for this reason, we have chosen to begin this process of reorganization and reconstruction by establishing the Transitionary Triumvirate of: Dementual, Jonathan Brookbank, and Shaneprice, with roy_mustang as the Regent. With this transition, we also find it necessary and prudent to move ourselves to a new home, out of the clutches of external forces and once again in the hands of the government of the GGA. Our new home may be found [url="http://thegalacticrepublic.net/ggaunited/"]here[/url]. The new home is not yet complete, we admit, as recent circumstances found us having to rush. We apologize for any kinks that might be had. We welcome all foreign diplomats, regardless of past or present relationship, to visit us.

The process of reorganization will not be fast, it will be a lot of work, and there will be a [i]lot[/i] of things changing with the Grand Global Alliance as we inevitably move from our transitional government to a more finalized one. We understand the intensity of the process and (to acknowledge the truth) just how much work the GGA needs to be recognized as a legitimate, respectable alliance once again. We are putting our personal interests aside for the benefit of the alliance as a whole.

As of this moment, the Grand Global Alliance officially issues a notice of cancellation of all treaties except those with MASH, the Brigade, and the United Jungle Accords and we will fully honor the cancellation clauses of each of these individual documents if necessary. Additionally, any and all diplomats are welcome in visiting the new GGA Castle for some good ol' fashioned diplomacy (or whatever it is diplomats do).

Any GGA members of old are personally encouraged to return to the Grand Global Alliance and assist in the rebuilding process and the restoration of the GGA to its former glory.

To the world at large: Please be patient with our new government. I realize that for some time now, the GGA has been involved in and taken part in things that have caused it to become the focus of hatred for many, if not all, of you. We will attempt to correct these mistakes.

[size="5"]Fortuna Fortes Juvat[/size]

Signed,

Dementual, Triumvir of the Grand Global Alliance
Jonathan Brookbank, Triumvir of the Grand Global Alliance
Shaneprice, Triumvir of the Grand Global Alliance
Roy_Mustang, Regent of the Grand Global Alliance

Edited by Dementual

Announcement from:
The Right Honourable The Lord Price
1st Earl Price of Central Confederacy
Holy Triumvir and Chief Protector of the Realm

This is a sad day for me. Today I am forced to conclude that the current direction of the Grand Global Alliance is detrimental to its survival. We have fought too long and hard for little gain. Today, the new GGA begins!!!!

In my capacity as Triumvir I have come to believe that it is time for a new direction and a new beginning. To that end, as Holy Triumvir, I am suspending the Charter of the Grand Global Alliance and returning power to the rightful government of this alliance. In doing so, we are going to right a terrible wrong of so many months ago. Jonathan Brookbank will now be returned to the Triumvirate. It is my hope that this change in government and direction will restore the Grand Global Alliance to its former glory. I have every confidence in the members and our ability to rebuild this grand alliance, but a new government is needed with a more urgent and common sense approach to the difficulties that the alliance faces.

To our former allies, we thank you for your assistance, but now the GGA must truly decide its own path. To those who would now choose friendship, I encourage you to seek us out and talk. We are excited for the possibility. Will you join us for the journey?

Sincerely,
The Right Honourable The Lord Price
1st Earl Price of Central Confederacy
Holy Triumvir and Chief Protector of the Realm

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' date='22 February 2010 - 05:26 AM' timestamp='1266816403' post='2196393']

P.S. - On a more personal note, I would like to invite all former GGA members that were removed by any former leadership to once again seek membership if you are interested. We will not allow any former leader's decision to remove you to influence us in keeping out loyal members.
[/quote]

There's your cue, Bilrow!