That's Enough of That

Penedono

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.square-n-compass.net/forum/uploaded/flags/GLOFDiplomat.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

There's just no amount of mediation, no length of time, and no amount of damage that is going to satisfy either side of the dispute between the 57th Overlanders and the Grand Lodge of Freemasons.

For our part, we remain convinced that forgrd douments were used by the 57th for the purposes of having a Lodge member in good standing expelled and ZI'd. This level of interference has never been, and will never be tolerated.
For the 57th's part, they remain convinced that the materials they presented us are genuine.

Since we see no chance of either side locating a middle ground on this issue, enough is enough.

This was the furthest thing from fun to begin with, but now it has just become sad. Destroying the 57th was never our intention, as we still believe there are good people over there.

The 57th wronged us, we hit them, and we're done.

Effective immediately, the Lodge is done fighting the 57th. No terms, no concessions, no bargaining - we're out.

PoW's are released; Free to go where they please, recruiters can go nuts, but we'll continue to militarily protect the "Lodge PoW" AA for 72 hours for any that remain.

The public area of our forum containing materials related to our declaration of war is now closed, though as always I remain available to discuss any pertinent issues with allies of either side.

[IMG]http://www.square-n-compass.net/forum/uploaded/sigs%20&%20seals/9thCouncil.png[/IMG]

[size="1"]Edited for spelling. Probably not the only error there, but I'm sure everyone get's the general idea.[/size]

Edited by Penedono

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gopherbashi' date='17 February 2010 - 03:20 PM' timestamp='1266376815' post='2186865']
Is the 57th likewise agreeing to this?
[/quote]

Not as yet. This post has been made without consulting the 57th and it will have to wait to be seen what their reaction is once Veneke logs in.

You broke an MDoAP and hit your former ally when there was no pressing reason to do so; there was no immediate danger to your alliance even if you believed that this was a deliberate attempt by 57th/Veneke to undermine the Lodge. That is what I and many others will remember GLOF. I hope it was worth it.

[quote name='Earogema' date='16 February 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1266376505' post='2186841']
Wait, so you still believe they wronged you, but you're not continuing the war?

Smells like back-peddling to me.

Whatever. Enjoy your peace.
[/quote]

... smells more like mercy to me.

Well done GLoF. I can only imagine how difficult this must have been for you guys.

Yeah, I saw this and wondered why there were no 57th sigs on it. While peace is nice, GLOF still refusing to admit that they're very clearly the party in the wrong here is absolutely ridiculous.

Also, basically saying you're going to stop protecting your POWs while the conflict still isn't conclusively over is rather classless.

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='16 February 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1266377356' post='2186895']
... smells more like mercy to me.

Well done GLoF. I can only imagine how difficult this must have been for you guys.
[/quote]
I suppose that might also be the proper word. I've never been a fan of mercy though. If they bloody you, bloody them as much as you can.

With that, I hope 57th remembers this is all I can say.