The Resistance Declares a State of War

mattski133

[center][img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/mattski133/theresistance002-1.jpg[/img]

[b]The Resistance[/b]

[quote]The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living. ~Omar Bradley[/quote]

[quote]Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals. ~Colman McCarthy[/quote]

I find the first of the two quotes defines our view on this war, and the second, how we at The Resistance look at this world, so, with this in mind we join our Orange brothers at the Orange Defense Network in their war with The Order of the Paradox with the posting of this statement. While a state of armed conflict had previously existed, there will be a marked increase in the scope of this front, and we hope to carry on the tradition of recklessly defending our friends regardless of the cost.

Signed,

Prime Minister mattski133
Deputy Prime Minister Yankeesfan924
Grand Vizier Appoliqize
Minister of Defense Platino
Minister of Finance Peaches3
Minister of Foreign Affairs SilentFuRy
Minister of Internal Affairs Delector
Minister of Recruitment Overlord Shinnra

[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e224/mattski133/InTheStreets.jpg[/img][/center]

[i]Ninety-nine red balloons
Floating in the summer sky
Panic bells, it's red alert
There's something here from somewhere else
The war machine springs to life
Opens up one eager eye
Focusing it on the sky
As ninety-nine red balloons go by

Ninety-nine decisions treat
Ninety-nine ministers meet
To worry, worry, super scurry
Call out the troops now in a hurry
This is what we've waited for
This is it, boys, this is war
The President is on the line
As ninety-nine red balloons go by

Ninety-nine dreams I have had
And every one a red balloon
It's all over, and I'm standing pretty
In the dust that was a city
I could find a souvenir
Just to prove the world was here
Here it is, a red balloon
I think of you and let it go[/i]

We ride to war again. Viva la Revolution!

[quote name='StevieG' date='15 February 2010 - 12:25 AM' timestamp='1266211556' post='2182309']
Hey, you havent forgot about us already have you?
[/quote]
I'm sure they won't :P

Resistance o/

:nuke: Ourrah pobieda!:nuke:

Glad to have you with us.

To those that wish to denounce the Resistance's entry as a bandwagon, know this: The Resistance has had wars with TOP since the beginning of the conflict [this is noted in the OP but I expect it to be ignored], and I personally requested their entry. I did not want to hog all of the fun, you see. Enjoy yourselves out there. Edited by Style #386

[quote name='Style #386' date='15 February 2010 - 01:03 AM' timestamp='1266217382' post='2182528']
:nuke: Ourrah pobieda!:nuke:

Glad to have you with us.

To those that wish to denounce the Resistance's entry as a bandwagon, know this: The Resistance has had wars with TOP since the beginning of the conflict [this is noted in the OP but I expect it to be ignored], and I personally requested their entry. I did not want to hog all of the fun, you see. Enjoy yourselves out there.
[/quote]
I was unaware of their involvement from the beginning until you said something. I now feel rather silly for missing the [i]three[/i] nations from the Resistance that declared war on us. My apologizes to #20 for assigning you a higher number when you should have received a much lower one.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='15 February 2010 - 07:49 PM' timestamp='1266220182' post='2182587']
I was unaware of their involvement from the beginning until you said something. I now feel rather silly for missing the [i]three[/i] nations from the Resistance that declared war on us. My apologizes to #20 for assigning you a higher number when you should have received a much lower one.
[/quote]
Do you count the 7 you aggressively declared on in that list? Also- what did you think would happen?

Cheers tR. We appreciate the help.

btw- FuRy hurry up mask me for our embassy again [img]http://www.orangedefense.net/forums/style_emoticons/default/grin.gif[/img]

Edited by jamesdanaher

Just to clarify a couple things. We currently have formal wars with TORN, Invicta, BAPS, Olympus and now TOP.

This war more of a formal DoW not really anything new. We have had closer to 20 wars with TOP throughout this war including our top nation Christian Trojans. TOP has countered with a few here and there. We just thought it prudent to make it official.

Also we haven't forgotten you TORN. Your just getting out of our range :P