Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

[center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/Ericadia/rainbowbrrd3.png[/img]
[size=4]Imperial Decree[/size][/center]

[b]A Message for the flock[/b]

A few short days ago, the New Polar Order acknowledged the cessation of hostilities with \m/, Poison Clan and FOK. A war was fought and ended.

In the process of this war, many people came to the assistance of the New Polar Order, for reasons of treaties, for reasons of belief and for reasons of opportunity. It is true that a ''side'' was formed a few days into the war and it is also true that a second ''side'' was formed at roughly the same time. Most people were aware of who sat where, of the massive treaty conflicts and of the wider issues.

The circumstances surrounding the acceptance of the Polar terms by \m/ has raged in and around our community, explanations offered have been rejected or mocked, theories wild and wonderful have been accepted as gospel but the whole while Polaris could not defend itself from the accusations....until today.

Lets be extremely clear about a few things.

1. Polar was well and truly outplayed by some. Our predictable morality and subsequent sense of fair play left us in a situation where our generous offer to \m/, meant to dispel the fear of destruction and repute the tin-foil theorists, was exploited. So be it.

2. Polar did not order the engagement of C&G, we advised that we would forsee no issue from us if they were attacked. I also warned TOP that that engagement would suit my allies in C&G the most and to be careful.

3. TOP posted their own DoW. I do not endorse it or underwrite it, I think everyone understands how it is. TOP made their own decisions, and they will have to live with their own decisions, however, I do believe firmly that their DoW was clearly part of the \m/ war and all claims to the contrary are simply the worst e-lawyering possible.

4. IRON posted their own DoW. I did not endorse it or underwrite it, I think everyone understands how it is. IRON made whatever decisions they made in their own interests, but were still clearly part of a team, a team formed in my name, to fight for a principle.

5. It is clear from the DoW of TOP that they believed they had an agenda quite separate from Polaris, it was never disputed, motivation is not my concern. However by consenting to co-ordinate with TOP et al, Polaris assumes some responsibility for the situation. I will never claim control of the matter, I have not been involved in the planning of this war after the initial day or so and as such lots of things occurred that may well make me shake my head a little but we will not just walk away while people who came to assist us burn.

6. At absolutely no time did Polaris want this war to escalate,we worked very hard with our opponents and our mutually linked allies to prevent escalation. There was only one goal for me, the concession of \m/ as detailed... and this was crystal clear from Day Zero of the war. It was communicated publicly and privately and there was a publicly posted set of terms for acceptance from Day One. These terms were subsequently negotiated and the final draft was essentially taken from logs of our discussions (hence the formatting) We did not seek to prosecute the entire tech raiding world, change the rules on anything, or form a Police State from which we would beat up people who did not conform to our thought patterns.

7. It is clear now that opportunity has been taken of the situation by several groups for their own agenda. I have no issue with that as such, however I will clearly state that all war should have ended with the resolution of the Polar-\m/ wars. In many cases this was carried out swiftly and justly by most people involved. I will note that several alliances will be speaking to Polaris intimately in coming weeks as we investigate attempts to claim reparations in a white peace war. Those very clever people who chose to nuke then offer peace will be remembered. You are complete scum and I will get to you later.

8. The speculation over the role of Polaris from here ends today. Simple realization of the effects of nuclear anarchy on an alliance should be readily apparent to all sheep, but apparently the flock has wandered onto a pasture with magic weeds. It ends. If you can not accept simple explanations, but would rather go for exotic conspiracy planning, feel free, but do so at your own embarrassment. The endless abuse will no longer be tolerated in the name of OPSEC. If you have something to say to me, do try to have a fact nearby. You can also cease the in-game messages, the queries and so forth. If you hold an opinion of me that you feel you need to share, find someone else to share it with. To people I considered friends who were quick to believe the rubbish, you can solve the issue quickly and easily.

9. The New Sith Order, being both treaty partners, good friends and great people require our assistance the most. It is my understanding that no peace resolution has been made to my comrades (by all parties concerned) and I will fight until they get what they need to exit this war.

10. The New Polar Order therefore declares war on the Global Order of Darkness. Whilst it would be easy to assume I am doing so because I hate Xiphosis and vice versa, this is not the case. We are committed to ending this war as rapidly as possible, preferably by a white peace agreement for everyone engaged including but not limited to TOP, IRON, C&G and SF and all their related friends and well wishers. I can not however stand idly by whilst my comrades are in deep trouble on our behalf.

11. To my allies and friends in SF, I am sorry, again. Hopefully we can resolve these issues as rapidly as possible and go back to being allies of the highest order, until then I remain your friend regardless.

War is Peace, Peace is the great lie.

o/ Polaris
o/ NSO

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic