Carthage Declaration of...

The AUT

Carthageflagwarelephantwreath1wa-1.png

Yeah that's right, this is a Declaration of War. We will not ask for assistance from Peace and Love Train and would like to thank all the fine alliances in this amazing bloc for everything they've done for us. But sometimes you must do things on your own, and because of that we will not ask assistance from them.

This decision is made as a sovereign alliance. This was a hard decision, but you cats forgot what war is. So long have I stood back and have seen the treachery of the Orange Defense Network. Having to take a backseat to the arrogant Complaints and Grievances just because we "couldn't do something about it." And even now, we can't. But what we can do is stand in the face of those who ask us too.

Sometimes it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. And unlike the likes of the New Polar Order, I can carry out a war without having to worry about how much my alliance will take a beating.

Many centuries ago the Romans stood at the gate of Carthage ready to destroy it. And why? Because a neighboring tribe, the Numidians, encroached on Carthaginian territory. So Carthage, feeling obliged to defend itself, declared war on the neighboring Numidians. Cato seeing the grandeur and wealth of Carthage felt threatened. From politics, to economics to policies he'd always end his statements with, "Carthage delenda est." And so they dispatched the Roman general Scipii to deal with Carthage. At first the Romans asked for Carthage to lay down their weapons, and the Carthaginians obliged. Then they asked the Carthaginians to give 300 of their most fit boys, and they obliged. However when the Romans asked Carthage for the city itself, Carthage refused.

And so the Romans attacked the city. The Carthaginians put up resistance for three straight months. The city literally plummeted from 500,000 to a mere 50,000. However the Romans could never penetrate the Citadel. It was said that the Carthaginian snipers and remaining fighters were so fierce, all the Romans could do was burn the city down. And so they did.

However the Carthaginian defense echoed across the centuries. When you've no hope, fighting for what you believe can last you for what seems like an eternity. And with this, we declare war upon the Orange Defense Network.

"Won't live on my knees, will walk with my feet. Understand our pain, the rain ain't sweet."

ODNwar.png

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy your tears so. It fuels my engines, my planes and my soldiers. It sustains us, it brings us closer together. I don't have oil money my friends, I have tear money. And that makes me the richest man in this game.

The richest.