Sparta Declaration of War

spartawarflag.jpg

My fellow citizens,

These are trying times for the nations and alliances of Cyber Nations, when those hopes and dreams of so many veterans, the peace and security for which they gave so much of their strength, are dashed by the petty squabbles of a few indecent men who thirst, above all, for power; who stand only for the self, the simple sadistic pleasures by which they and their ilk may rise above and dominate the rest of us-- we who aspire to little more than camaraderie. It has been as a man who desires--more than anything--to compete by means other than war, that I have tried to prevent the escalation of this conflict... but I feel, as many do, that the irresistible momentum of history is carrying us forward, whether we like it or not, and that we must make peace, at least, with these developments, if none else.

It has been Sparta's distinct privilege to know, and to fight along side such decent, upright, outstanding, and genuinely good natured people as those of Athens and the Federation of Buccaneers since Karma, and I have had the honour of knowing few people with whom I've shared more commonalities, and for whom I have had more respect. It pains me to see so many decent people dragged in to such a senseless conflict, and were it not for a sense of honour and duty I doubt many of us in this coalition would justify it with our support, but the mark of honour is a stoic obedience to duty, duty to our friends, our comrades in arms, even if it means our own destruction. We Spartans, above all else, have cast ourselves as men of honour, and I can think of no greater honour for a Spartan than to be allowed the chance to prove himself worthy of such friends. It is thus, with high spirits, and confidence in the ultimate victory--the victory of the just over the wicked, of the righteous over the treacherous, of noble virtue over unscrupulous vice--that Sparta marches to war; to defend her allies in FoB and Athens, to uphold her honour, and to pay back the worth of friendship in blood--who's ever blood it may be.

To IRON, Polaris, TOP, and all those who would oppose this coalition, a simple message, one that will become the fundamental truth of your lives should you fail: Vae Victis.

IRON, we'll be seeing you on the battlefield.

DOXA SPARTA!!!

wartop.png

Tulak Hord, King of Sparta

Wilhlem the Demented, King of Sparta

Trinite, Archephor of Sparta

Hyperion, Ephor of Lykoi

Olaf Styke, Ephor of Philoxenia

Darklink, Ephor of Mastropeia

El Coggins, Ephor of Mesoa

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply