Unilateral Treaty Modification

Yersinnia

On the 21/1 the nation of Pallantrix agreed a Treaty of Peace with the World Federation.

The treaty called for 5 days of attacks by a World Federation nation upon Pallantrix. Pallantrix was not to respond to these attacks. The World Federation nation was not to commence its attacks until 24 hours of peace had elapsed (meaning all current wars between Pallantrix and the World Federation were to have ended or expired 24 hours prior to the attack by the World Federation nation.)

Since the signing of the treaty the World Federation has committed no less than three breaches of its terms, the latest being the commencement of war by the nation of Carson the Great against Pallantrix just before update on 25/1 BEFORE all other wars had ended or expired.

21/1 - Treaty signed

21/1 - 1 of your nations doesn't stop his attack, Pallantrix retaliates with air but not ground forces, you make him stop, treaty stands.

23/1 - 1 of your nations attacks me. Pallantrix doesn't retaliate at all, he stops and you agree to reduce the terms to 4 days of attack (Kudos BTW)

25/1 - Your member (Carson the Great) commences your 4 day war BEFORE all other wars have finished.

26/1 - All other wars either finish or expire.

27/1 - This is when your member (Carson the Great) should have commenced his attack.

In light of these events the people and government of Pallantrix consider the World Federation to be in material abrogation of our treaty. As such Pallantrix has unilaterally modified the agreement such that we shall respond against the attacks of the World Federation.

Obviously, Pallantrix cannot hope to defeat the World Federation in battle however all of our people are united and steadfast in their desire to resist this nefarious betrayal.

Pallantrix would like to restate that its dispute with the World Federation took place before our people were welcomed into The Moralist Front and as such any consequences, however devastating of our actions will rest on our shoulders alone.

Although we may fail in this endeavour, the descendants of our brave soldiers and civilians will forever remember the heroism of their forebears. The graves of our honoured dead shall stand as testament to the fate of those who commit the folly of trusting the word of the World Federation.

You realise the last attack was most likely to prevent an escape to peace mode?

Maybe so, however I at no time gave them any reason to believe this was my intent, nor in fact was it. I also offered $1000000 in aid to two of their nations voluntarily as a gesture of goodwill. Escaping to peace mode would really have served me no purpose, all it would have done is render me in breach of the treaty and meant when i exited peace mode i would, quite rightly, have faced their full wrath.

Edited by Yersinnia

Instead of this whole "attack without defense" thing going on, why dont you just sell a bunch of infra and land, and forward the money made with 50 tech to the attacking nation? Same result in the end except it takes 5 minutes instead of 5 days.

Instead of this whole "attack without defense" thing going on, why dont you just sell a bunch of infra and land, and forward the money made with 50 tech to the attacking nation? Same result in the end except it takes 5 minutes instead of 5 days.

i think they wanted revenge in blood as well as infra and tech :-).

Yersinnia, you're the instigator of this entire fiasco. You're lucky you didn't end up with ZI.

What's that business about making beds?

Way to post this in "Alliance Announcements" when it's totally not an alliance announcement.

edit: also, screenshots or it didn't happen - which wouldn't change much because it still would not matter.

Edited by Farnsworth

Yersinnia, you're the instigator of this entire fiasco. You're lucky you didn't end up with ZI.

What's that business about making beds?

Way to post this in "Alliance Announcements" when it's totally not an alliance announcement.

who instigated anything isnt the point. the point is wf broke their treaty, wf is an alliance, the treaty was posted in alliance announcements, where else should i have posted this?

and as i said in my post, ill lie in whatever bed i have made, just dont think the treaty should have been broken when it was agreed to by both parties in good faith and i meticulously kept my side of the bargain even when they didnt.

Edited by Yersinnia

Pallantrix agrees with the WF to cease its retaliatory attacks against the attacking WF nation.

Pallantrix agrees that the WF nation will attack Pallantrix for two more days, war to be peaced on 29th January

Both nations are not to receive any aid during this time.

Lets see if you stick to it this time guys.

Edited by Yersinnia