Meet the new Polaris

Schattenmann

polarbanner3.png

Nearly two years ago, CIS's protectorate Freebootin' Pirate Insurgency, an alliance focused on community and fun, and led by former notable \m/ember Jason8 was suddenly rolled after a short buildup centered mostly around the former UjP witch hunt hysteria which came to define 2008.

According to CIS, FPI "[was] starting to appear more and more like \m/ all the time," and "It was never going to be a good start for any alliance considering their previous dealings . . ." You know, because anyone that was ever in \m/ or any other UjP alliance during the UjW is inherently a bad person. Clearly.

CIS's declaration of war continued to ramble on with a bunch of half-baked complaints about FPI negotiating treaties without CIS's "consent" and particularly for trying to join The Brotherhood instead of CIS's Black imperialist bloc, Dark Confederate Pact (DCP).

The cresecendo of CIS's grievances was--wait for it--that a member of FPI was observed to have made a joke about photosensory epileptic seizures ("floppin down and doing the dying tuna") and, what's more, Jason8 said "lol." Nevermind that the member in question was himself a sufferer of said ailment. When you've got the New Polar Order as an ally, context is not, as AlmightyGrub has claimed this night, something "which creeps up and bites you on the $@!," especially when NpO's hand is up there working your puppet self.

As the multiple threads on the war wound their path, the motivations behind the war--the real motivations--which were not concern for epileptics the world over, became clear: FPI (at my behest) was going to vote for a competitor Senator on Black (DCP was in a blood match with Dark Vows, GOONS, and anyone else that dared get close to the 3rd seat); Jason8 and his \m/ buddies are all trash; as long as NpO is around \m/ never gcan be. The usual stuff you expect out of NPO's competitive little brother.

As you might have guessed, NpO couldn't let CIS hit FPI by itself. How could they pass up a chance to hit an "\m/ 2.0" alliance? And so, Slashes-With-Claws posted this DoW on behalf of the then-mysteriously absent Assington:

Polaris has always stood for a core set of values and conducted itself within the Cyberverse accordingly. Ideals of loyalty, dignity, justice and honour have always been paramount within our culture and whilst we do not expect all to conform to our expectations, we can hope others could conduct themselves in a similar manner. Unfortunately this is not the case upon Planet Bob.

A certain alliance has acted in a manner disrespectful enough to warrant a lesson in decorum and Polaris is always happy to aid in such education.

As per request of our allies in the Confederacy of Imperial States, the New Polar Order declares war upon the Freebootin Pirate Insurgency.

Signed,

Emperor Calis von Assington of the New Polar Order, Commander of the Donkey Horde, Destroyer of Greener Pastures, teh $@!, Lord of the Wiggle, Keeper of the Imperial Liquor Cabinet, Also, teh Secks.

If you mistook that for the Cliff Notes of AlmightyGrub's Imperial Decree declaring war on--surprise, surprise--\m/, you could be forgiven. It's an easy mistake to make.

The fact of the matter is that Polaris has been using its clout and nukes to kick $@! wholesale since it secured its place among the pantheon of the Hegemony more than 2 years ago. The times change, but Polaris clearly has not.

Two years ago the firmly evil Polaris used its machine to push a wafer-thin facade of moral crusading on what was in fact a coordinated effort to destroy an alliance it simply didn't like due to heritage and political dealings.

Tonight, the firmly unchanged Polaris has used its machine to do the same. Funny enough, the only difference has nothing to do with Polaris, but that in this era Polaris is using the morality championed by the people it oppressed to turn around and oppress people.

Grub is right when he tells us all to think, more right than he knows.

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the official stance of Coj?

It is rather unfortunate that the state of things often requires perceived defense of the indefensible. But I have never shied from speaking the truth, and just as I put my name on Vox Populi's founding declaration of war in response to the attack on Polaris, I must reveal truth here.

The Cult of Justitia does not allow techraiding, and we are, to the man, firmly opposed to it. Nor does the Cult impose its values upon any other alliance by "diplomacy" or arms. We most certainly do not support the imposition of a moral code upon alliances as Polaris seeks to do.

You may take my disdain all around as the official stance of CoJ.

Is this the official stance of Coj?

Is this an official question from the Big Top Order?

Also, interesting. I joined 2 months after this and I hadn't heard about this before. Anyway, it's quite obvious that we need police in this world. Who else will take an eye from someone who took the eye of another after he had been forgiven by his victim?

Polaris has always stood for a core set of values and conducted itself within the Cyberverse accordingly. Ideals of loyalty, dignity, justice and honour have always been paramount within our culture and whilst we do not expect all to conform to our expectations, we can hope others could conduct themselves in a similar manner. Unfortunately this is not the case upon Planet Bob.

I have to say that this would fit damn well in our declaration against \m/

Also, do you support raids against alliances or is this just a poor attempt to make us look bad?

Edited by D34th

The similarities between the situations are strikingly dissimilar, but maybe that's why you spent more time giving us a history lesson than actually addressing the present war. It was obvious last night that you weren't even going to make an attempt to understand what this situation was actually about, Schatt. You've lost your sting from your days with Vox, but you've also lost one more key ingredient. Facts.

Your ignorance astounds me schatt. For someone with as large a mouth as you, I would imagine you could get your fact straight once in a while.

The war on fpi has. Nothing to do with this war. Furthermore it had. Nothing to do with the dcp which was not an imperialist bloc. Beiing one of its founders I can safely say that black unity was our only concern( that is neither here nor there). We paved the road for NOIR.

Crawl back to your hole

I could keep the same acronym. :smug:

Yes, but TWip is disappointingly asymmetrical.

edit: actually, now that I consider it, it's more symmetrical than TWiP. But I just can't brook the deflation of the final two letters. This is also a sign that it's definitely time for bed.

Edited by brokenhead