The Order of Light - Declaration

Flag12.png

The Order of Light wishes to keep this as short as possible, there is never pleasure in writing one of these. But sometimes time makes demands that must be obliged by.

Our allies in The Phoenix Federation have been struck by a calculated and malicious attack based on nothing more then an age old pasting of what they deem to be intent to do harm on them. I find it quite amusing that the choice to drop the buck at TPF's doormat while the accused culprits cackle away in the corners. It is my personal hope those who have skewed the views and opinions of many eventually get their just deserts. I find it just a little disturbing that the alleged spies (ZH) are being allowed to dictate World events.

With that said, TOOL will defend its allies and to that end;

The Order of Light declares war on Athens, GOD and \m/ for their attacks on TPF that activated the Mutual Defense clauses within 'The Penicillin Pact'.

I would like to also relay a public, if not apology, but decline of the head towards TPF for the length of time it took for us to join your side during this war. It was my hope that the folly of the actions, the prematurity of the attacks would be seen and that perhaps White Peace could of been found. Its my impression had the opponents not wished this war to escalate an offer of White Peace would of been accepted.

With allies themselves being accused of similar perhaps enlightenment would of befallen them and an offer made. This was not the case and so TOOL enters the fray.

--

Before anyone jumps in - we are aware there is an espionage article in our treaty with TPF that might have been used to negate this course of action but the reason for not doing so are as follows. Firstly, no evidence was presented that showed that TPF carried out spying or any action that would deem espionage to have been carried out. Also, the proof that has been pressed on TOOL to try and have this clause enacted showed discussion during wartime of a means that an alliance could keep fighting and causing enemies harm while facing perpetual ZI and perpetual war.

While I would disagree with such a tactic on principle and what it entails; it also must be mentioned that when faced with a situation such as TPF was facing all tactics and options must be discussed at length. To be honest, I dont expect there was much else to do but discuss such.

Lastly, while discussions were shown - there was no evidence to suggest that what was discussed actually came into being. This ties into the first reason, more or less; in which Alliances have now attacked our allies for alleged intentions and nothing more.

The alliances that attack our allies in TPF now; are made of alliances that defended an ally for very much the same transgressions. They defended an ally that was accused of spying and intent to harm. I think it foolish to request a treaty be voided for espionage, when no evidence of information gathered is shown, when it so happens those involved did no such thing when they were in a circumstance when actual spying had been provided in evidence.

---

With that said, I hope for a good war, a good fight which echoes into the future as being one fought well by all sides. I welcome any questions to be directed to me in person on IRC as I will not be responding frequently here within.

...and to all a good night.

Happy New Year,

grahamkeatley

Lord Captain Commander of The Order of Light.

This action has been signed by;

Lord Captain Commander, grahamkeatley

Hand of Foreign Affairs, Mia

Hand of War, Willem

Hand of Education, Creekynoise

Hand of Executive Affairs, Dodoei123

Hand of Internal Affairs, King William I

Hand of Commerce, Dealmaster13

Hand of Finance, PlanckBorn

Inquisitors, Jarkko, Captain_Mudfoot

The Council of Light

• Replies 115