Guru Order Announcement

Mentor

35iaihv.jpg

Guru Order Announcement - The Aquatic Enlightenment Treaty cancellation

We have been close allies and friends with NATO since the foundation of GO, helping us from the days we were their protectorate and guiding us to what we are today. However ever since the Karma war it seems that our interests and NATO's are often on the opposing sides, due to this we are forced to cancel our MDoAP treaty.

Article IV: Termination

This treaty shall only be terminated if either undersigned alliance chooses to exit this treaty or if Article III is found to be violated by a member alliance. If one of the undersigned chooses to terminate this pact, they must give 72 hours notice before the treaty is officially dissolved in which they remain fully bonded to the provisions contained therein.

We wish NATO good luck for the future.

Signed

Guru Order Council

Smokey78

Mentor

Rodger Waldie

Blade Rockos

Jmalaxia

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However ever since the Karma war it seems that our interests and NATO's are often on the opposing sides

Heh, especially right about now eh? No real reason to cancel this thing though. I doubt an MDoAP would have automatically brought you into the fold. Though if it's not your fight and not someone you want to be seen supporting anymore, good on you.

Sorry to hear this, GO.

We would have understood that you had conflicting treaties, even if it meant fighting for the other side - there was no need to cancel. :(

But good luck in the future!

Edited by AtheistRepublican

sad to see this canceled......always sad to see treaties canceled when a war is impending....

Also, thats a pretty sad reason for cancellation. All you had to do was inform NATO that you did not wish to participate in defense of TPF.....i am sure they would have understood the sentiment. You would not have broken any terms of the treaty either i guess...

Edited by raasaa

I don't see this as an honorable move, but I see it as being unwilling to defend an alliance from spying.

However, being unaware of the levels of relations between Guru Order and NATO, I can just say that this is a smart move, but not one I'd support unless there is some form of evidence that you and NATO had a falling out of some form.