VE/GATO Treaty Upgrade

Solaris

Long live GATO and Viridia!

Due to having my speechwriters sent to re-educationally oriented "happiness camps", without further ado, I give you Kayvaan Shrike's internal communication to the general membership of the Viridian Entente.

20qf2o1.png

Hello, members of the Viridian Entente!

Over two months ago, the Entente dispatched its first delegate to the forums of the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization. When our embassy was first established, we expected to find an ancient, broken shell of a once-proud alliance. However, within a single hour of posting an introductory thread, we discovered just how incredibly wrong we were. We uncovered a thriving, up-and-coming, stable alliance, with untold amounts of potential. Their members welcomed us to their forums like no alliance has ever done before, and we already began establishing strong bonds of friendship and unity on that very first day.

We have quickly found-out how alike our two alliances truly are. We share common goals and ideals, we have worked long and hard to build-up our strong, formidable alliances, and we have unearthed some truly amazing friends in GATO. They are a Top 15 alliance, with an extraordinary amount of potential. They are loyal to their friends, and as such, we established an ODP with them several weeks ago, with the full confidence that in time of crisis, both alliances would be willing to back-up the other, even if the treaty was only optional.

But today, that optional part of the treaty ends. I am proud to announce that by the unanimous decision of the Viridian Parliament, on this day, December 5th, 2009, we hereby upgrade the Mint Chocolate Accords between the Viridian Entente and the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization to the status of Mutual Defense Pact.

The Mint Chocolate Accords

veflagfinalrs2rt7.jpg

biggatoflag.png

GATO - VE MDP

Preamble

In recognition that the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization (hereby known as GATO) and the Viridian Entente (hereby known as VE) agree to an extraordinary friendship and to grow and support each other as time passes.

Article 1 - Non-Aggression

No member nation of either signatory alliance may attack a member nation of the other signatory alliance. Any violation of this will result in immediate reparations equivalent to the damages done. Refusal of the violating nation to pay reparations can result in severe punishment from the alliance they are affiliated with, and the reparations will be paid by another nation of the aggressive alliance. Both alliances also agree to peace between each other until a point in time when this pact is cancelled with just cause.

Article 2 - Mutual Defense

An attack on one signatory alliance is officially considered a direct attack and act of war against the other alliance. The other signatory body will come to the defense of the attacked alliance. This is not optional unless the attacked alliance requests that no defense be made or the pact is terminated with just cause. If the partner of the attacked alliance refuses to defend, this pact may be canceled properly.

Article 3 - Intelligence

Any information picked up by a signatory of one alliance that may contain information leading to hurt/danger towards to their signatory partner must be given to the government of the partner alliance as soon as the information is picked up. Any other information or intelligence picked up by one signatory alliance may be given to the other signatory government, but there is no obligation in this case and it is completely optional. Any privileged information from this relationship may not be shared without the express consent of both parties.

Article 4 - Aid

If either signatory body is need of financial assistance, the other signatory body is obligated to aid what they can or what is needed to resolve the issue that requires the finances. If the alliance that has received the request for aid does not have the finances to satisfy the partner, they are obligated to aid as much as they can.

Article 5 - Termination

This treaty may be cancelled if one of the articles given in this pact is not met or one of the signatories has done something that shows ill-will towards their partner alliance. Unless both alliances agree to termination, there must be a 48 hour notice of cancellation before the termination takes complete effect.

Article 6 - Downgrade Provision Upon Termination

Should this treaty be cancelled, both GATO and VE may agree to reenact their prior ODP agreement.

Conclusion

Both GATO and the VE agree to abide by the terms stated in this treaty. By the signatures placed on this pact, both alliances agree to constitute this into alliance law for both alliances.

Signed for the Viridian Entente:

AS6veGreatSeal.gif

Solaris, Lord

Impero, Duke

Ryuusei, Secretary of Defense

Goldielax25, Secretary of the Interior

TypoNinja, Secretary of State

Signed for the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization

sealga.png

Laserwolf - Assembly Chairman

Duncan007 - Minister of Foreign Affairs

25th Congress

Who can say no to Mint Chocolate?

Also, Sol, I am available for speechwriting should you require it in the future.

o/ GATO

o/ Viridia

o/ resilient alliances

Edited by Farnsworth

Sol: Sorry to burst your bubble but it's the 26th GATO Congress. :)

And people complained in the last one about how silly it was to sign an ODP first. :v: Congrats. :)

Silly, Silly people indeed. Trix are for kids. :P

Sheesh, stop it you guys (GATO), I was just complaining to someone the other day how isolationists you'd become and now you sign two impressive treaties within the last week! You're making my argument look silly! :)

We aim to please Raga. :)

This upgrade was only a matter of time. I am and thrilled to see this come to fruition. VE have been a great bunch to get to know.

o/VE

o/GATO

I was pleasantly surprised that first day when I saw Typo, goldie and some of the other appear in our embassy. Untill then I had never known or honestly cared all that much about the Entente. However after getting to know these folks in our embassy and on IRC, I was really impressed with what I came to see about this alliance. I am honored to have signed a treaty with such a fine bunch of people.

Also Raga, we are pragmatic :P. These last two treaties have ben a long time in the works, but I am glad with the process we have taken. GATO will not sign treaties just to have formal friendships. These treaties are based on a long standing relationship, and I'm happy about that.

o/ VE

o/ GATO

Who can say no to Mint Chocolate?

Also, Sol, I am available for speechwriting should you require it in the future.

o/ GATO

o/ Viridia

o/ resilient alliances

You, mister, are hired!
Sol: Sorry to burst your bubble but it's the 26th GATO Congress. :)
I'll never be the same again.
Silly, Silly people indeed. Trix are for kids. :P
Some day trix are for everyone.
We aim to please Raga. :)
Has anyone mentioned how pleasing mutual protectorating is? Quite refreshing.
This upgrade was only a matter of time. I am and thrilled to see this come to fruition. VE have been a great bunch to get to know.

o/VE

o/GATO

o/