Tech Sellers Union

Mentor

I will like to remind everyone that the Tech Sellers Union is an economic bloc, primarily a place where buyers can hopefully find large amounts of tech from tech selling alliances, the members of the bloc are not forced to protect each other OR in fact even like each other :o

Although World Federation and United Earth Directorate are currently at war (all of which happen to be part of the bloc), this does not in any way influence their status in the bloc and will continue to be members irrelevant of who is to blame in this war. We hope a diplomatic solution can be found soon between the 3 signatories and normal economic activity can be resumed in the near future.

Edited by Mentor

To clarify Mentors statement, The Mafia isn't currently INVOLVED in the war but according to their treaty they should be quite soon....

Furthermore, the TSU isn't here to play politics. We are here to sell tech and thats the way it should be as for those calling for the TSU to ban all tech exports to wF as per this article:

"Article V: Coordinated Response in Case of Buyer Aggression

The TSU is not a military union, however, it is understood that aggression, coercion or intimidation against a signatory, if left unchallenged, sets an unacceptable precedent. To this end, any aggressive war undertaken by a third party against a signatory of this pact will result in an embargo of technology to that third party. If a buyer alliance can be shown publicly to have tried to intimidate, coerce or negotiate privately with a signatory in a way which violates the spirit or provisions of this treaty, that buyer will also face a termination of technology exchanges." http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=73273

That wouldn't make much sense, we could have an embargo on either wF or UED depending on whos version of the story you believe... however them being both tech selling alliances wouldn't accomplish anything at all. Furthermore, that article is intended to be used against attacks from the OUTSIDE as a stoping tech exports (the only thing we can really do) from member alliances to either wF or UED would be pointless as this doesnt happen anyways.

Actually for all you e-lawyers out there **hum-hum Ray Metvayev** the article which we came closest to using was this one:

Article VI: Temporary Termination of Operations in Case of Global Conflict

It is understood that the different signatories of this pact will have different loyalties, allies and political considerations. In order to prevent this union from being destroyed by political fragmentation, it is agreed that in the case major global conflict, the Tech Sellers Union would temporarily cease to function as a unit until the conflict were resolved. During this time, all members will be free to pursue the sale of tech individually. The members will decide to temporarily suspend the operations of the TSU whenever they feel it necessary and until they judge the global situation to be more favourable.

We thought of invoking the last part of that article and frankly after discussing with the other members we found that to be useless... Signatories dont need to like each other, they need to adopt the same procedure for selling technology. Furthermore, wF agreed that they saw no reason to temporarily suspend TSU activity as in there minds it had nothing to do with the current situation.

We are as deeply concerned at the current situation as everyone else and I for one (much like the great pacifist Astronaut Jones) hope this can be resolved peacefully...

I'll answer your questions, kthxbai

Edited by Keve69

I believe someone pointed out a clause in your treaty where aggressive actions on another alliance within TSU results in a tech embargo. Although, I suppose one could argue who the agressors are, the rogue nations from UED or WF who declared alliance wide war.

Kinda pointless posting this now though, since they're in discussions of resolving everything.

Edited by Mayzie

I believe someone pointed out a clause in your treaty where aggressive actions on another alliance within TSU results in a tech embargo. Although, I suppose one could argue who the agressors are, the rogue nations from UED or WF who declared alliance wide war.

Agression meant alliances outside the bloc ;) We never expected members would be attacking each other and there is nothing about that in the charter

Edited by Mentor

Kinda pointless posting this now though, since they're in discussions of resolving everything.

I repsonded to that, I edited my response as I was set on having first post to support Mentor and didn't have time to fully flesh out my arguments before you read them. Please refer to the top of the page.

This is a very good call, Mentor a very fair call too

lets just keep the bloc to business, which is the whole point we made it in the first place, if alliances in the bloc want to kill each other then go ahead, as far as the bloc goes that is good news........................more tech sellers :lol1:

"lets just keep the bloc to business, which is the whole point we made it in the first place, if alliances in the bloc want to kill each other then go ahead, as far as the bloc goes that is good news........................more tech sellers lol1.gif"

Exactly, some people just dont see that this bloc is an ECONOMICAL bloc and frankly does not care what or how the relations of alliances are. Unless an alliance is obstructing another alliances economical development then its nothing to do with TSU.

Don't you guys think a NAP should be put in there, so you don't have this problem?

Nope, even a NAP is getting into politics which is not what we are looking for here, seller alliances are in fact competitors in this bloc as we compete for high paying clients. Obviously it is encouraged to get along, but nobody is forced to do so, i hope that once the mess is cleared the alliances involved just do what they was doing and get along. I doubt this war will last long anyway

No one gives a crap about your stance on the war. Get out.

You sir have just won this thread! I would like you to present you with a special award... The Union Order of The Golden Eagle, this is the highest award bestowed upon foreigners by the UINE for endless commitment and service to the UINE or the CN community at large. Thanks Kaiser, trust me my friend Puerto Rico's contributions will not be forgotten any time soon!

o/ Pissed off peepz