Fall Grau

Lynneth

OOC: Continuing fromthis and its following posts.

Who would've thought I'd ever do this?

Not me, of course. I'm totally suprised at it. I really am. :v:

IC: The chaotic and random movements suddenly stopped. 600,000 men, 6,000 tanks and innumerable APCs. artillery pieces and other support vehicles stopped. All at once. Then, they changed their target. It was no longer anywhere within the Empire.

Battlemaps were updated. Commanders were given short briefings.

The entire Battlegroup North began to move towards Deutschland. Several thousand artillery vehicles - PzH 2000, with ETC guns, having 56 kilometers and more in range fired upon the defensive emplacements, aiming to destroy all AA-assets in one single, suprising strike. Cruise missiles were launched towards all known nuclear facilities of Deutschland, trying to prevent a nuclear first strike.

Almost half of the Austrian airfleet, 630 planes in total, started flying sorties into now hostile territory, the incredible stealth capabilities of the planes surely preventing German forces from getting a proper lock onto them. Me 2.522 Amsel bombers had the task of destroying the walls and gates, then were to focus on other targets of opportunity, such as enemy airfields or military bases. No civilian targets were to be engaged.

Me 2.113 Bussard and Me 2.616 Pinguin multirole fighters were providing CAS - Close Air Support - to the ground forces, focusing on destroying enemy tanks and support vehicles.

Me 2.208 Harpyie and Me 2.304 Habicht fighters were mainly focusing on securing air-superiority, to ensure that their comrades wouldn't fall to enemy interceptors or planes.

The fleet didn't do anything. Obviously.

For the armed forces, they moved relatively slowly, deliberately, to remove any obstacles in their way to the first defensive lines. Once only 12 kilometers away from the German walls, the 3A1 Leopard tanks opened fire with their powerful ETC guns, which were capable of ripping any armour - even their own - to shreds with merely one or two shells.

As the Holy Roman forces crossed the borders, tens of thousands at once, a private message was sent to Deutschland's government.

"Surrender. There is no need for your soldiers to needlessly die. Renounce your pagan ways, your destructive Martencist Ideology, and we will not occupy the country as invaders from another country, but as your friends and brothers.
Refuse, and we will continue in our wrath until your government stands no longer."

It was signed by the Emperor personally.

Everything had been building up for this, and it was not the time for glorious speeches or announcements. It was the time for war, dirty and deadly.

Though a short message was publicised.

"The Holy Roman Empire of German Nation and Deutschland are now in a state of war."

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classified:

Finnish forces on the Deutschland/Finnish boarder (Scandinavia) have been alerted to be alert (on their toes...on eachother's toes!).

Divisions on the Boarder:

-6th (Tornio)-

-7th (Kolari)-

-17th (Kaaresuvanto)-

Uberstein picks up the phone, and calls the King of Norway, "I told you there would be a war this week, you owe me a coke."

Public Statement:

The Republic of Finland will remain Neutral in this war, and hopes that both nations have the sense to keep this fight non-nuclear.

Edited by BaronUberstein

The Provisional Government of Magadanskaya calls upon the The Holy Roman Empire of German Nation to provide the reasoning for this war and explanations of its intentions.

We offer our support to Deutschland, for conflicting ideologies come a second to humans in need, attacked without provocation.

Internal discussions between Putin, Trotsky and Mikoyan quickly caused them to agree that humanitarian efforts to the region would need to be arranged if or rather when reports of military contact emerged from the current media blackout over the border between The Holy Roman Empire of German Nation and Deutschland. Military aid would be a thoughtless gesture, however, medical and other basic supplies could be gathered quickly and flown to the area.

Contact was made with international White Cross to see what plans they were enacting and to ask what Magadanskaya could do to aid.

Edited by AmpaSand

**Private**

"Well this is great...just great. The one nation that we thought could hold Europe together, the one nation that may have been the bulwark against aggression. What happens, they turn out to be an aggressor." Hannah placed her head in her hands and rubbed her temples. "Nemesis, help me, this is getting ridiculous."

"There will be most likely intervention by the Eurasian Union and others Your Ladyship."

"Well of course, but this time there isn't an excuse to say there's faux-stability. This time, there is an actual invasion. Military troops and the works. They're all going to send that continent to Hell."

"People just can't get along..." Loew frowned.

"People never could."

---

*Public*

"It would appear that once again Europe has embroiled itself into war and we find our feelings echoing that of Caucasia. This is a war of aggression, nothing more against a state who had not tried to be aggressive whatsoever. I truly hope that this could be resolved, but I know it will not be resolved peacefully. Our hearts go out to any and all citizens displaced in this unnecessary fight, the dogs of war do not need to feed. This is another horrible day in European history. Our hearts, bleed for the German people, this is a true shame."

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

Somewhere lost in a freezing wasteland of Arctic ice Generalissimo is roasting a baby Polar Bear over a small fire whilst listening to the Holy Roman Empire’s announcement on a crystal radio receiver jerry rigged from C-130 debris, another incarnation of Deutschland well on it’s way to destruction. . . Generalissimo’s attempts at laughter were cut short sharp coughs, trapped in this icy hell he couldn’t even properly delight in Deutschland’s misfortune.

*Classified*

While the troops were advancing, the entire government were brought into the bunkers below the Zugspitze and Schneeberg for their safety.These bunkers were absolutely nuclear-proof and each could sustain 10,000 people for years, if need be. The Chancellor and Emperor were brought into separate bunkers.

The population was alerted to the war and asked to move to the nearest nuclear shelter in case of a nuclear attack. The SDI was not infallible.

Troops at the Rheinmarkian and Dalmatian borders were set to Defcon 2, preparing to defend against attempted suprise-attacks, if possible. They were brought into clearly defensive positions, to show that there was no intent of invadin Rheinmark or Dalmatia.

Shortly after the attack started, hackers and cyber-experts attempted to disrupt communications of the Martencists, trying to plunge not only the military, but the entire country into a black hole of information, with nothing coming out.

OOC: Need 2 rolls for that; one to see if I disrupt military comms, one for the country. I have 90% odds, and I'd gladly accept 70-60% odds (or worse) for my side on the "entire country" roll.

Also requesting a roll for >>Cruise missiles were launched towards all known nuclear facilities of Deutschland, trying to prevent a nuclear first strike.<<

If possible. This post is for things I missed in the OP due to the OP being written minutes before I had to go to school. :v:

**Classified**

All European forces moving towards the Netherlands were informed of the updated situation and alerted to prepare, however Imperial intervention would prove hard due to the fact they had no direct link to Deutschland without violating land of neutrals. The Nuclear arsenal was readied and put on standby in case of a Nuclear First Strike.

The Romans would soon receive an access code to ISIS ensuring even more Satellite Intelligence from the front.

**Classified**

All European forces moving towards the Netherlands were informed of the updated situation and alerted to prepare, however Imperial intervention would prove hard due to the fact they had no direct link to Deutschland without violating land of neutrals. The Nuclear arsenal was readied and put on standby in case of a Nuclear First Strike.

The Romans would soon receive an access code to ISIS ensuring even more Satellite Intelligence from the front.

*Classified*

The Phoenix Empire would thus receive the personal thanks from the Emperor and the Chancellor for granting the Holy Romans access to ISIS.

We deplore wars of aggression...but at the same time, never have we supported martencists, Nordlandics, or any for, whatever they choose to call themselves. Promised Land finds itself in a quandary.

***Classified to HRE***

We wish you the best in this. Here's hoping you can ensure one less Martencist stronghold in the world. We cannot, regretfully, offer more than our moral support at this time.

***End Message***

*Private to HRE*

We feel this war was unneeded, but if EU gets involved, we shall come to your aid by activating the Beer Treaty. EU apart from AUP is a bloc we hate with passion.

*Private response*

"We ask that you do what you perceive to be right. It will be your decision, not ours, to honour the ODP.

Thank you."

We deplore wars of aggression...but at the same time, never have we supported martencists, Nordlandics, or any for, whatever they choose to call themselves. Promised Land finds itself in a quandary.

***Classified to HRE***

We wish you the best in this. Here's hoping you can ensure one less Martencist stronghold in the world. We cannot, regretfully, offer more than our moral support at this time.

***End Message***

*Classified reply to Promised Land*

"Eventually no Martencist strongholds will remain. That is the order of things, now that the Empire has awakened."

*Classified*

Deep in the bunker-mountains of the Empire, a holographic map showed which paths the troops should take, approximately. It was of course not set, and there could be as many changes as the enemy has soldiers.

PlanMap01.png

Edited by Lynneth

The "Surprising strike" would work both ways. The Germans had been ready too and had lined up for a long time all kinds of Artillery by the border. With twitch-reflex like reaction when the HRE troops started to fire, the Germans fired as well their own destructive barrages of artillery towards the high concentration of enemy troops, targetting when possible their own artillery and if not anything else. As per usual German War Doctrine, the majority of the pieces were 210mm, much more powerful than the worldly standard of 155mm, yet weaker than ETC.

--

OOC: Question. Is ETC artillery possible anyway? Someone neutral please clarify.

--

The Germans also would use their own CMs, which were typically loaded with extremely powerful charges, using the German Satellites to make sure to spread the charges as well as possibly. It was truly impressive, as approximately thirty CMs would be fired at once at the dense concentration of HRE troops just over the border. The CMs used had a simple four-section cluster to make their blast more efficient.

The attacking force would find some problems. Dealing with the German AA was difficult because of one main reason: There were simply so many pieces! The FLAK pieces were easy to detect, however not only they were scattered but also they seemed to be even more than they truly were, as even more emplacements that already did exist were just for show, no longer used emplacements left from the Old Reich. Surely, many of these would be fired upon as well as actual FLAK emplacements. Lastly, the SAM sites were not as easy to detect. In spite of destroying a large number of material, when the HRE Aircraft would move in they would find themselves under fire.

The local remaining FLAK cannons and the many SAM sites in the area did not fire at once, knowing that this would deveal their location. Instead they wait for the aircraft to approach close enough and be surrounded, and only then when they know then to be within range the coordinated sites open fire in unison. Self-propelled (Armored and unarmored) vehicles also rush forwards to provide further air defense, as these were not static they wouldn't have been targetted the first time over. Lastly but not less importantly, the entirety of the German Luftwaffe, all 80 (How many ships per squadron is it? 12?) squadrons, had attacked the incoming airforce while it was also being attacked by the massive ground-based defenses, trying to simply give the HRE aircraft too many targets to avoid in too little time, being fired at from every possible direction was ment to deny their fundamental superiority and avoid the Germans a chance at fighting hopefully somewhat evenly for as long as the SAM and FLAK sites would keep on firing. German pilots were instructed to, if needed, just ram their own ships onto the enemies to kill them, if they had to. Their formations were relatively scattered, so to give the impression of attacking from all directions and being an even bigger force than they in fact were. Fighting over German Skies, the HRE AA would not reach them.

Back to the ground...the enemy tanks easily disposed of barriers such as dragon teeth, these proving to be symbollical and perhaps only useful to make them waste a bit of time and ammo. As they moved on forwards though, some started to be victims to what appeared to be mines. These mines had not exploded on the cake exchange as they were triggered manually by an operator. However, the space between the start of the German Land and the start of the fortification proper was not large, although it was a wide space, so physically there was not that much room for mines. An inconvenience would be that the roads would become cluttered by the first row of advancing vehicles, disabled, physically blocking their teammates from moving on. Such were the benefits of activating the mines in a row, creating a wall of metal corpses...which would be moved away soon. This was without counting the Artillery Rain and the CM Rain.

The fortification's Antitank Guns were also in range and fired their rounds. They also had HE rounds, but they only used them when they would spot a particularily yummy soft target, which at this phase in the war was unlikely. To counter the superiority of the ETC guns, the Germans were using MASSIVE cannons, all at least high velocity 210mm. They were instructed to fire at whatever may seem like the structurally weakest point on the enemy tank, whichever it may be. (No picture, can't tell)

AA would also try to protect the gate. It would resist for a while just by luck as bombers would surely be shot down at first, but sooner or later, it would be hit by a bomb.

This was no good. The gate became broken. All that changed is that it would not be able to open anymore, and was locked in place.

The fortification was quite solid. Top notch. Enemy fire did not seem to have enough of a detrimental effect on it. It was really built to be extreme, the Leaders themselves had made their builders make the barrier twice as thick and armored as they originally had intended it to be. These guys were good at building Forts and Bunkers.

Another unusual tactic was the use of...civilian aircraft. While all hell was breaking loose, a massive fleet of very varied civilian aircraft flew just over the border, using itself as kamikaze-style missiles to ram directly into the enemy ground formations, serving a further CMs. Probably around 40 aircraft would do this. Most of the time, there was an auto pilot, but other times very old veterans or ill people with no future - always volunteers - were manning them. This was possible due to the ongoing air battle and chaos. If they had headed to do this in a "Normal" situation, they'd have been shot down.

No defenders were more determined than Germans on German soil.

All units had their orders. If communcations were damaged, they would continue to act in accordance to the original plan. Hackers would not be able to do much, Germany had locked itself down long ago. This means, also, no informatic connections to the outer world. The only line that remained, supremely safe, with connections to the international was the Diplomatic Contact Line.

It's not like the rest of the country would care much for browsing the internet at this time. All were now in their bunkers...or in their training centers to replenish divisions would would surely be lost. Divisions not yet commited.

The Kriegsmarine guarded German Waters and Coasts.

OOC: I forgot to add something..

IC: As bombers may eventually try to target military facilities, they'd find a problem. The architecture and general layout of most German structures seemed to be identical. Small towns were indistinguishable from Military Bases from the sky, only large cities could be easily told apart from everything else. Eventually they'd have to make a choice, risking hitting civilians to hit suspected military.

Dummy, decoy aircraft and vehicles and even armies and towns/bases would be deployed here and there, just to add to further confusion. Just to be annoying.

OOC: And I didn't know you cluttered war threads with irrelevant OOC. If you have a problem create a separate OOC thread or use the already established OOC thread.

OOC: It's hardly irrelevant. How can somebody fight a war if one side is saying. "I MAY have some tanks in this general direction that JUST MAYBE are armed with really big guns. I don't know how big, but my missiles are MUCH MORE POWERFUL than what I perceive as normal."

It's VERY relevant.

I'm not saying that it should be like, "I have 500 troops positioned in the church in Dreden's 5th and 7th's corner who are armed with anti-tank recoiless rifles.", but at least some concrete numbers would make things have less potential for godmodding.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: It's hardly irrelevant. How can somebody fight a war if one side is saying. "I MAY have some tanks in this general direction that JUST MAYBE are armed with really big guns. I don't know how big, but my missiles are MUCH MORE POWERFUL than what I perceive as normal."

It's VERY relevant.

OOC: There is an OOC thread for a reason. USE IT.