Generalissimo Scale - scientific conference

Generalissimo

World Congress Building; Liska Atka, attired in her usual school uniform, addresses an empty World Congress assembly.

"Before Generalissimo’s disappearance he came across something no one else had ever formally recorded, looking into the phenomenon Generalissimo and I discovered something which forever altered humanity’s understanding of our world.

Generalissimo may be missing in Arctic Waters, but science marches on. . .

With or without Generalissimo it’s too important give up, I’ll continue without him if necessary.

Generalissimo’s Observation changed everything, for those who don’t remember;

Generalissimo’s Observation: Time passes differently in accordance with cartographic boundaries.

Which was soon supplemented with startling realization of my own;

Liska’s Observation: Age progression is somehow determined by citizenship

Individuals outside their own political-temporal-boundaries will age at the rate of place of citizenship

Noticing time in Arctica, Procinctia, and Transvaal passed at a slower more stable rate Generalissimo arbitrarily designated Arctica-Procinctia-Transvaal time ‘real time’. Generalissimo then devised a scientific system to compare boundary-based time based on real time, he called it the Generalissimo Scale.

Generalissimo Scale Comparisons with common Cartographic-Temporal- Progressions

One Month Real Time = One Year [insert country here]

One Week Real Time = One Month [insert country here]

One Week Real Time = One Year [insert country here]

Three Weeks Real Time = One Year [insert country here]

Unfortunately Generalissimo’s notes on Generalissimo Scale progressions have been lost with Generalissimo.

I would like to call a conference to determine relative time progression in various states according to current conceptions of the Generalissimo Scale.

Of course this is also the first opportunity to host an international scientific conference concerning practical application and analysis of geographic-temporal theory.

I’m somehow currently the world’s foremost available authority on the subject, and will be at the World Congress Building for the next few days to discuss the subject.

Any serious experts, representatives, observers, or scientist of relevant fields sent by any country will be readily accepted – but remember the World Congress Building is a secure structure and they will be screened accordingly."

Liska.jpg

Liska Atka, acting Generalissimo of Procinctia

LonelyUN.jpg

Empty World Congress Assembly, Liska’s mostly talking to the cameras

Out of Character Warning: Out of Character conversations regarding relative timescales are prohibited in CNRP, therefore all conversations regarding relative timescales in CNRP must remain in character.

Edited by Generalissimo

One Month Real Time = One Year [Kingdom of Cochin]

Maj. Gen. Gokul Varma, Commander of Royal Cochin Special Force and a scientist with numerous published works to his credit would come to Procinctia to participate in the conference.

Dr. Martin Puño rushed into the room just minutes after Liska Atka finished her invitation, just barely keeping a number of papers from blowing out of his briefcase. "I'm sorry I'm late but, well, you know how time flys..." He paused surveying the empty room. "I haven't missed the entire meeting, have I? No matter, there's always time for science! Here's what my extensive studies have found," Puño exclaimed rushing to the front of the room and pulling out a netbook and picoprojector.

One Month Procinctian Time = One Year in Selenarctos

One Week Procinctian Time = Twelve Weeks in Selenarctos

One Day Procinctian Time = Twelve Weeks in Selenarctos

One Year Selenarctan Time = One Month in Procinctia

One Month Selenarctan Time = 2.5 Days in Procinctia

One Week Selenarctan Time = 14 hours in Procinctia

One Day Selenarctan Time = 2 hour in Procintia

• 2 weeks later...

Out of Character Content: In accordance with long-standing CNRP precedence the topic of this thread cannot actually be discussed out of character, I might have not put any sort of OOC warning in my original post.

I would have continued earlier, but I didn’t want to get anyone into unnecessary trouble.

Let’s just say everything said was said so far was absolutely in character.

Edited by Generalissimo

Nov 21, 2009

Liska Adresses the current conference, “I would like to thank Maj. Gen. Gokul Varma representing Cochin, Dr. Martin Puño representing Selenarctos, Winston Gere representing Promised Land, and the Zargathian representative for attending this conference.

Together we can, perhaps, overcome time.”

Edited by Generalissimo

"An analysis of time as applied to the Kingdom would be rather tricky. Time is a multi dimensional entity in our nation. Several things happen at varying rates of change which would however manage to reach singularity at singular points of time. For example, event A and event B may commence at the same time, while event A requires T amount of time for completion, event B may require nT amount of time (n>1). However they in the end manage to reach culmination at a singular point of time. So while T=/=nT, in the scale of actual measurable time, T=nT.

We believe that time domain warps in our nation.

There are however inherent limitations of this phenomena, in that the vagaries of time would however conform to the nation's standard time flow characteristics, ie, a Solar month in Gregorian calendar corresponds to a full Solar year in the Cochin calendar. All time warps in our nation have been found to conform to this standard.

There are scopes of exception even to the Cochin Time Characteristic in cases of international events. In such cases time is observed to dilate in the negative direction as well. Time is even observed to stand still as applied to certain sensitive events.

For example when we launch a ballistic missile that is programmed to fly for 20 minutes before final impact, the actual flight of the said missile may take variable amounts of measurable time, it may be instantaneous, ie, with time duration of scant minutes or it can extend to several hours or days - at times it even experiences zero time flow characteristics - time, relative to the missile, stands still.

These are the characteristic time warp phenomena that we have observed with reference to international events.

Another interesting aspect of our time characteristics is in the analysis of aging. Aging is a phenomena that is extremely relative. The progression of age for an individual in the Kingdom is decided by our National Command Authority,ie, the King of Cochin. His Highness Rama Varma, the King of Cochin, also my distant cousin, is the absolute master of time in the Kingdom. For example while duration of 4 Gregorian months, person A may age 4 years, person B may age 10 years, person C may age 1 year and person D may not age at all! It is a very interesting phenomena that our scientists are trying hard to explain. Though we have ruled out any metaphysical connections or aspects of Divine Agenda in this matter, we do believe that the power of life and death over every single living being in the Kingdom, does give our monarch absolute control over every aspect of the subject's life, including over usually unchangeable and unalterable aspects like Time Flow Characteristics.

The King may judge my age now to be 45, which it is, and judge it to be 65 next year, my age of retirement. Time would have flown at 20x multiplication for me, while it would vary at different rates for other individuals.

This is a synopsis of the Time Flow Characteristics as observed in the Kingdom of Cochin. Any questions?"

An encrypted message arrives within Procintia, it is of none other the Zarfef who smiles deviously into the camera lens as the cold air beneath his lips forms moisture clouds. He stands in front of a vat filled with luminescent goo and a thick arcing ball of seeming lightning. Removing his scientific goggles he begins.

Zarfef: This sounds rather familiar in a way, something akin to the work of one Dr. Moldalvi. He supposedly found a way to destroy entire nations with the technology he reaped from it but was ultimately crushed- or so the rumor has it. By the same. I would attend your conference, but I'm afraid Carthage would be too tempted to bring about the re-devastation of Procintia. Especially if they ever found out what I'm making. Hmmm... MWAH HA HA HA!!!!

"From my studies, I have determined that there have been many quiet attempts to correct these discrepancies, to fix the shattered time frames, but none of them proved successful."
How would one go about correcting these discrepancies when the cause is entirely unknown?
An encrypted message arrives within Procintia, it is of none other the Zarfef who smiles deviously into the camera lens as the cold air beneath his lips forms moisture clouds. He stands in front of a vat filled with luminescent goo and a thick arcing ball of seeming lightning. Removing his scientific goggles he begins.

Zarfef: This sounds rather familiar in a way, something akin to the work of one Dr. Moldalvi. He supposedly found a way to destroy entire nations with the technology he reaped from it but was ultimately crushed- or so the rumor has it. By the same. I would attend your conference, but I'm afraid Carthage would be too tempted to bring about the re-devastation of Procintia. Especially if they ever found out what I'm making. Hmmm... MWAH HA HA HA!!!!

Nation’s appear and disappear all the time sometimes with entire well-established cities, countries, ethnicities, populations, and religions disappearing overnight; moreover the historical record often shifts to accommodate these changes - it’s a well documented phenomenon. It may or may not have something to do with geographic differences in time.

While I don’t have an alternative theory, I don’t believe the work of Dr. Moldalvi to be responsible for cartographic-time variations.

Edited by Generalissimo

"An analysis of time as applied to the Kingdom would be rather tricky. Time is a multi dimensional entity in our nation. Several things happen at varying rates of change which would however manage to reach singularity at singular points of time. For example, event A and event B may commence at the same time, while event A requires T amount of time for completion, event B may require nT amount of time (n>1). However they in the end manage to reach culmination at a singular point of time. So while T=/=nT, in the scale of actual measurable time, T=nT.

There are however inherent limitations of this phenomena, in that the vagaries of time would however conform to the nation's standard time flow characteristics, ie, a Solar month in Gregorian calendar corresponds to a full Solar year in the Cochin calendar. All time warps in our nation have been found to conform to this standard.

There are scopes of exception even to the Cochin Time Characteristic in cases of international events. In such cases time is observed to dilate in the negative direction as well. Time is even observed to stand still as applied to certain sensitive events.

For example when we launch a ballistic missile that is programmed to fly for 20 minutes before final impact, the actual flight of the said missile may take variable amounts of measurable time, it may be instantaneous, ie, with time duration of scant minutes or it can extend to several hours or days - at times it even experiences zero time flow characteristics - time, relative to the missile, stands still.

These are the characteristic time warp phenomena that we have observed with reference to international events.

Another interesting aspect of our time characteristics is in the analysis of aging. Aging is a phenomena that is extremely relative. The progression of age for an individual in the Kingdom is decided by our National Command Authority,ie, the King of Cochin. His Highness Rama Varma, the King of Cochin, also my distant cousin, is the absolute master of time in the Kingdom. For example while duration of 4 Gregorian months, person A may age 4 years, person B may age 10 years, person C may age 1 year and person D may not age at all! It is a very interesting phenomena that our scientists are trying hard to explain. Though we have ruled out any metaphysical connections or aspects of Divine Agenda in this matter, we do believe that the power of life and death over every single living being in the Kingdom, does give our monarch absolute control over every aspect of the subject's life, including over usually unchangeable and unalterable aspects like Time Flow Characteristics.

The King may judge my age now to be 45, which it is, and judge it to be 65 next year, my age of retirement. Time would have flown at 20x multiplication for me, while it would vary at different rates for other individuals.

This is a synopsis of the Time Flow Characteristics as observed in the Kingdom of Cochin. Any questions?"

This is an incredibly thorough analysis of temporal progression in the Kingdom of Cochin, much more comprehensive than any of my research, I’m impressed.

I might, however, be able to contribute to the data with some minor interpretation.

That’s unheard of, completely outside of current understandings of time, which probably means our current understanding of time is insufficient - your analysis and data speaks for itself, Time is a multi dimensional entity in Cochin.

Yet if the time domain warps in Cochin, it’s just as likely the time domain also warps in most nations.

In Generalissimo’s original announcement he mentioned that individuals from regions of different relative times can communicate and associate as if operating on the same temporal alignment. If I’m on the phone with someone from Cochin for thirty Procinctian minutes, thirty also pass for the person in Cochin, despite the time variation otherwise. There is currently no explanation or theory for this phenomenon.
. . .For example when we launch a ballistic missile that is programmed to fly for 20 minutes before final impact, the actual flight of the said missile may take variable amounts of measurable time, it may be instantaneous, ie, with time duration of scant minutes or it can extend to several hours or days - at times it even experiences zero time flow characteristics - time, relative to the missile, stands still. . .
According to Generalissimo “Those in battle usually experience time similarly,” which might not be of the time progression of either of the combatants.

This might have something to do with the aforementioned international exception.

My Observation still applies in these circumstances, as this phenomenon takes place within Cochin, and there’s no reason why aging couldn’t be variable within the same boundary. It’s so relative, however, I can see why scientists are having problems with it.

I’m not so sure a head-of-state has conscious control over life and death over every single living being in a country including usually unchangeable and unalterable aspects like Time Flow Characteristics – it’s unscientific.

I’m also not comfortable with the possibility of having power to maintain that level of control over my citizens - it’s unsettlingly unnatural.

Yet a connection between heads-of-states and their countries could explain certain seemingly un-aging leaders, like Haruhi for example.

Edited by Generalissimo

How would one go about correcting these discrepancies when the cause is entirely unknown?

"Because each time an attempt was made, it was based off a theory that was thought to explain the phenomenon. Obviously, however, each theory was flawed in some way, because quite obviously the problem, if it really is a problem, has yet to be fixed."

"The most...unique theory I've heard so far is that some sort of higher power is playing games with us. No one has yet suggested a way to fix the problem based on this theory."

OOC: Sorry, couldn't resist that one. :P

A Random scientist walked in. He had no national Identity with him, however he looked like he recently got a tan.

"I'd like to point out a peculiarity that may or may not involve the time scale skips. I've noticed that when countries have projects going on they get done much faster than they should. For example, while I was studying in the former nation of Raochin they announced that they were building a massive tunnel network that moved throughout the Arabian peninsula. While only two years had passed they somehow managed to complete it. I was baffled at first, but it wasn't my area of expertise so I let it slide."

"Because each time an attempt was made, it was based off a theory that was thought to explain the phenomenon. Obviously, however, each theory was flawed in some way, because quite obviously the problem, if it really is a problem, has yet to be fixed."
Are their any explanations or theories for cartographic-time phenomena? I thought Generalissimo was the first to notice, or at least publicly acknowledge it. I couldn’t believe it at first, not until Generalissimo presented evidence beyond doubt, even then it was hard to accept. When I joined Generalissimo’s examinations, he was the only person I knew of working on that ‘fringe’ hypothesis. If anyone else knew they hadn’t announced it publicly, for whatever reasons, were keeping it to themselves.
"The most...unique theory I've heard so far is that some sort of higher power is playing games with us. No one has yet suggested a way to fix the problem based on this theory."
We could just attribute everything to a higher power, that line of inquiry has already been considered, but without evidence would it be a very scientific?

Are supernatural explanations are best left to theocrats? I can’t say for sure if this is the place to pursue something like that.

Edited by Generalissimo

We could just attribute everything to a higher power, that line of inquiry has already been considered, but without evidence would it be a very scientific?

Are supernatural explanations are best left to theocrats? I can’t say for sure if this is the place to pursue something like that.

The solution is quite obvious.

It all depends on how much you wind your clocks.

The solution is quite obvious.

It all depends on how much you wind your clocks.

I don’t understand what Dranagg’s representative is trying to say.

Clocks, instruments that indicate time, actually affect time itself?

Or is time somehow affected by measuring it?

Winding was a metaphor perception, right? You realize there’s no winding a digital clock.

Edited by Generalissimo

This is an incredibly thorough analysis of temporal progression in the Kingdom of Cochin, much more comprehensive than any of my research, I’m impressed.

I might, however, be able to contribute to the data with some minor interpretation.

Thank You.

That’s unheard of, completely outside of current understandings of time, which probably means our current understanding of time is insufficient - your analysis and data speaks for itself, Time is a multi dimensional entity in Cochin.

Yet if the time domain warps in Cochin, it’s just as likely the time domain also warps in most nations.

Yes it is possible this Time Dilation Phenomena could be of a more general nature and not a local phenomena specific to the Kingdom, however we do not have any empirical data to arrive at any conclusions or hypothesis regarding its presence in other nations.

In Generalissimo’s original announcement he mentioned that individuals from regions of different relative times can communicate and associate as if operating on the same temporal alignment. If I’m on the phone with someone from Cochin for thirty Procinctian minutes, thirty also pass for the person in Cochin, despite the time variation otherwise. There is currently no explanation or theory for this phenomenon.

Yes, it is a very remarkable observation. We hypothesize that a harmonic chronology is arrived at such International junctures when the possible varying chronological characteristics arrive at a harmonic balance for the duration of the event after which they continue with their own characteristics. We liken this to the phenomena of two waves colliding and a tertiary wave being formed with the cumulative amplitude and frequency of the two waves during the duration of the event after which the waves separate and continue to propagate as if uninterrupted in their characteristic propagation.

According to Generalissimo “Those in battle usually experience time similarly,” which might not be of the time progression of either of the combatants.

This might have something to do with the aforementioned international exception.

Yes.

My Observation still applies in these circumstances, as this phenomenon takes place within Cochin, and there’s no reason why aging couldn’t be variable within the same boundary. It’s so relative, however, I can see why scientists are having problems with it.

I’m not so sure a head-of-state has conscious control over life and death over every single living being in a country including usually unchangeable and unalterable aspects like Time Flow Characteristics – it’s unscientific.

I’m also not comfortable with the possibility of having power to maintain that level of control over my citizens - it’s unsettlingly unnatural.

Yet a connection between heads-of-states and their countries could explain certain seemingly un-aging leaders, like Haruhi for example.

We too are boggled by the seemingly unscientific and unexplainable aspect of the Monarch's time control powers. Our best scientists are hard at work trying to explain it, however this we believe that is an area where science and philosophy must venture into the regions of metaphysics.

"I'd like to point out a peculiarity that may or may not involve the time scale skips. I've noticed that when countries have projects going on they get done much faster than they should. For example, while I was studying in the former nation of Raochin they announced that they were building a massive tunnel network that moved throughout the Arabian peninsula. While only two years had passed they somehow managed to complete it. I was baffled at first, but it wasn't my area of expertise so I let it slide
It could be explained by multi-dimensional time, however that’s possible, within a single boundary like Kingdom of Cochin. It’s been noted that time progression for aging and construction does not correlate in Zargathia, Raochin might have had similar conditions, with the passing of Raochin their specific circumstances might never be known. Edited by Generalissimo

Are their any explanations or theories for cartographic-time phenomena? I thought Generalissimo was the first to notice, or at least publicly acknowledge it. I couldn't believe it at first, not until Generalissimo presented evidence beyond doubt, even then it was hard to accept. When I joined Generalissimo's examinations, he was the only person I knew of working on that 'fringe' hypothesis. If anyone else knew they hadn't announced it publicly, for whatever reasons, were keeping it to themselves.

"He was the first to publicly acknowledge it, yes. Others were too afraid of going public because they believed they would be mocked and ridiculed for coming out with it, even with all the evidence they had gathered. Generalissimo was the only one courageous enough to do it."

Are supernatural explanations are best left to theocrats? I can't say for sure if this is the place to pursue something like that.

"Come now, we are dealing with the purely theoretical here in the first place. The only fact we have is that in different places, with different people, time moves differently. That is the sole fact that we are dealing with. Everything else we deal with here is pure theory."