The Steinhammer-G

Uberstein

[At an Exposition Hall in Helsinki; Only military personnel, government members, and the people who worked on it are there. It was transported on a flatbed truck (and a ferry) under a large tarp from a factory in Mariehamm.]

A loudspeaker sputters, "Ladies and Gentlemen, Finland has trailed behind in the Tank Race for quite some time now, let's all admit it, F in Steinhammer-F stands for Failure. But there is hope, the Steinhammer-G!"

A large red curtain is lifted, revealing the tank.

Steinhammer-G.png

"Do not be alarmed by it's size, it's tallness is simply a product of the new H.H.S. suspension system, allowing it to change height at the will of the driver. It can lower itself a good 600mm, and that's not all! With the engine in the front, crew survivability rates are guaranteed to become higher, because while machine can be replaced, our boys in the fighting forces aren't churned out of a factory."

Slowly the tank turns on a turntable.

Steinhammer-GRear.png

"With treads 800mm wide, it's sure to not sink in the muddy grounds of our homeland, and 2 emergency blow-off escape panels for crew, not to mention the rear exit hatch, means nobody is being left behind if something catches fire. And visibility is from from being a problem! 5 cameras and a parascope on the hull allows the driver to navigate this better than you can navigate your every-day sedan, and 7 more cameras on the turret keeps the commander informed of what's going on around him. With a remote controlled machine gun turret, our boys won't even have to pop their heads out to keep unfriendlies from climbing aboard! It's the image of safety and firepower! Nothing can withstand it's 150mm, 8 meter in length, rifled main gun! High velocity is the the way of the past, this is the age of SUPER high velocity! Be proud Finland, for this fine piece of machinery is 100% produced and designed by the Finnish for the Finnish! Soon it shall replace every Steinhammer-F in service."

Slowly the turret turned, the gun raising 15 degrees, and the applause began.

Steinhammer-GSalespic.png

Weight: 65.5 tonnes

Length: 10m

Width: 4m

Height: 3.5m (Max Elevation) // 2.9m (Lowest/immobile)

Crew: 4 (Commander/Loader/Gunner/Driver)

Armor: Composite w/ plastic filler. NERA (Rubber). External Composite "Shatter" Plates with internal vacuum pipes for redirection of shock-wave.

Primary Armament: 150mm L55 Rifled Cannon

Secondard Armament:

12.7mm Machine Gun

x20 40mm grenade launchers

Engine: x3 Natural Gas Duel-Rotor 1100hp Wankel Engines in co-axle positions (Total 3300hp)

Suspension: Horizontal Hydraulic Spring (Same position as torson bars)

Operational range: 550 km

Speed: Governor-Limited at 80km/h

Special Features:

+Laser-Detection Technology (Warns commander if tank is targeted by laser beacons/sights)

+Sealed internal environment (Protected against Radiation and Biological weapons)

+Fire-On-The-Move Technology (Gyro-stabilized turret)

+4-digit radio encryption and wireless tank-to-tank tactical feeds.

+Phone on rear for Infantry-to-Commander communication.

+Fire control computers that calculate wind speed, humidity, barrel droop, range, and ballistic data.

OOC: Note, it's a showcase, some things will be exaggerated, others are fairly accurate.

The classified stats are accurate. It's very slightly larger than a Leopard 2. The pictures show it at it's maximum height.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: Why does it only have a 33 caliber Barrel length? Most tank guns sit at about 55 calibers. And Super high velocity sounds very suspect.

OOC: Seriously, a 5m barrel is only 33 caliber? A 8 meter barrel seems absurd.

I don't know much about tank guns, hence why I posted in the tech thread. Also, from what I can see those 120mm cannons are L55, but this uses 150mm. I said super-high-velocity because a 5 meter barrel seemed absurdly long in the model. I can't seem to find any examples of a 150mm tank gun, which is odd. I thought one of the Russian tanks used something like a 140mm.

Well, I've edited to have a 8 meter barrel now. I'll update the pictures when I get home.

The reason I said Super High Velocity was again, ignorance of tank guns, I thought 5 meters was really long, so I thought that it would have a higher velocity than a normal tank shell. I've edited the stats, so the only "super" is the showcase, so now it's just part of the sales pitch.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: 8mm will still kill stuff, but this is just the Steinhammer-G, I might make the Steinhammer-G2.

OOC: its not a question of will it kill stuff, but will it kill stuff effectively. Infantry absolutely rock against all forms of tanks. Thats why any sane commander doesn't have unsupported tanks.

OOC: its not a question of will it kill stuff, but will it kill stuff effectively. Infantry absolutely rock against all forms of tanks. Thats why any sane commander doesn't have unsupported tanks.

OOC: I know, any that's why my tank doesn't need a huge machine gun, because it will have infantry support. :P

Besides, you can mount a bigger machine gun where the turret hatch is, but sure, I'll put a 12.7mm machine gun instead of a 8mm.

OOC: That's kind of why infantry tend to stay near tanks.

Also, love the design. Can I have some? :awesome:

EDIT: Design rather than disign.

OOC:

No, but you can buy surplus Steinhammer-F's. :v:

Edited by BaronUberstein