Papal Support

Gnost Dural

Which Papacy does your nation's faithful support?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Libya views Christianity as a false religion and all it's believers may go rot in the depths of hell when Allah smites all non believers. Allahs path is the only true one and may you meet your demise soon

nullvoted ;P

You don't really know what Islam is, do you?

Is that a reference to the fact that believers of Islam view Jesus as a prophet?

Rather than create a new thread, I posted this here so that things would not get further cluttered. I know I myself believe, and likely a few others, that KC is going to and seemingly is, stalling matters. He has not responded to the Papal Succession thread and the Cardinals apparently are all assembled. I have made it a point to be respectful of KC's legitimate claim to the Papacy. While I reside in the Vatican, it is true that he had a Papacy in existence before I gained control of the Vatican from Junio. This is not in dispute. What is in dispute, and I feel many of you will agree at least OOCly, is that KC has not done a responsible job of RPing the Church in a non-biased, spiritual aspect. Instead, based upon some history lessons given to me by other players, it appears that KC has taken an increasingly pro-active political stance, and indeed an even militaristic one.

The bottom line of my push to become the single Pope is I feel that I could simply give a more realistic and accurate representation of the church in CNRP. I am certain most of you agree with that assessment and while I do think this to be true, it still doesn't give me the right to unilaterally declare myself pope. With that in mind, I would like to submit to those players who RP the Catholic Faith, or have a large minor/majority of Catholic followers within your nations, that an open vote be held under the RP pretext of a papal vote. This vote will last for a minimum of 48 hours, and will determine the next papal successor.

The reasons for my proposal are primarily so that it will be an impartial vote, and will not be subject to either parties' activity or willful filibustering. It will also serve the most important aspect: providing an opportunity for those that will be directly impacted by the new pope, to have their direct say in matters. It will provide a means for all Catholic nations to have input and be able to choose who they want to represent their majority or minority faiths.

Voting will work as follows:

- A poll will be placed, with the title, Papal Conclave I

- This poll will be up for 48 hours, and will be a single choice poll.

- Each voter, must both vote in the poll and likewise post their vote in the poll thread. Any vote that is not posted will be void. This is to insure those that are not of Catholic faith, or otherwise have no bearing to vote in the poll, do not have an option to stack the vote one side or the other.

- The results of this poll are final. The pope will be elected via a majority, and all Catholics and "splinter" churches (Both Rome and Jerusalem) are expected to abide by the results of the vote.

- After the results the victor is required to granted immediate amnesty to all "splinter" churches, and invite them to form their own Diocese in their respective nations. Important figures in their church are to be given due consideration for positions in the clergy.

I will be placing the poll in the next couple of hours, and hopefully by the weekend, we can put this feud behind us and move forward towards building a credible and responsible Catholic Church in CNRP.

I don't think he's deliberately stalling. He's probably just trying to figure out what to post next.

nevertheless, that seems fair enough.

From the PM I got, he's had some connection issues. But removing stalling ,I believe this is the most expedient manner in which to conduct a papal conclave. It is not subject to time schedules or the like and will provide a more broad sense of representation among the Catholic RPers. I apologize personally to KC as a player for accusations of stalling .I wasn't aware of your situation.

From the PM I got, he's had some connection issues. But removing stalling ,I believe this is the most expedient manner in which to conduct a papal conclave. It is not subject to time schedules or the like and will provide a more broad sense of representation among the Catholic RPers. I apologize personally to KC as a player for accusations of stalling .I wasn't aware of your situation.

What, you think I'm gonna accept this crappy apology? As an RP'er, you are expected to come up with something outrageous! Simply saying "I'm sorry" will not cut it! You are setting a poor example of Christian values.

Haha ok, I was joking. It's all good Gnost! :D

Anyway, here's my IC statement before this poll starts:

IC: Pope Alexis I released this message to the world:

"To Rome and to the world, I humbly greet you. As everyone is aware, there is currently a conflict about the posession of the Church. I have seen many Catholics turn their backs against me in suppport of Benedict XVII. I do realize that this is probably because of the recent announcements from this Church. However, let me remind you that it was the Pope John Paul III who meddled in political affairs and created the military division. Although he meant good, he made some mistakes. After my inauguration I stayed out of politics, disbanded the military division, and sought other ways to help out the world; for example, in terms of clergy security, I ordered that Kelvar be placed in the clerical robes to prevent assassinations. If you elect me, I will seek to restart World Youth Day, the event that inspires teenage and young adult pilgrims to travel a journey towards God. All of my intentions are good, and I only want the best for the world. I have realized the mistakes John Paul III and the previous Popes have made, and I will remember to avoid those mistakes when making decisions. To those supporting Benedict XVII because he is in the Vatican: remember that Junio Borghese kicked me out because he hated me. He then opened the Vatican to a different Church. That's the only reason why I'm in Jerusalem, so please consider that when casting your vote. Thank you, and may the Grace of God be with you all."

Speaking from a window in his Papal Apartment, Benedict XVII spoke to a crowd as well as to the world via radio and television this evening:

Brothers and Sisters in Christ, members of the Faithful.

Today is a troublesome time in our Church. The body of Christ is seemingly divided by infighting, or rather a contentious debate as to the successor to the Papacy. It is not secret that both myself and Alexius I desire to be the Shepard of the Lord's flock. The bible encourages us to love one another as we love ourselves and to be servants to those we minister to. That is why I have opened up the Vatican's Sistine Chapel to allow the fair and rightful election to the Papacy. I have submitted myself to the will of God in this matter, and it is his will that I desire be done for the betterment of his Church.

I will not lie to you, my dear children. I have grave doubts as to the ability for Alexius I to keep pace with the ever rising secularism, moral relativism and splintering factions within the Church. In my brief time I have been a moral and spiritual reawakening to many within the Church. The Vatican is now once again home to the seat of Christ's church on Earth, and many Catholics have taken heart at the sight of this. The Catholic Church in recent history has made many mistakes, and many grievous errors against it's fellow man.

Where the Church was confronted with anger or hatred, it responded with stubbornness. Where it was confronted with misdeed and violence, the Church responded with condemnation and rebuke, and forsaking the Lord's command to be compassionate and forgive as Christ forgives us. Where the Church was confronted with war, it encouraged it's own wars. It did not admonish one another for not following the Lord's command to turn the other cheek, and to show forgiveness for those trespasses made against us. These errors are such a stain on the image of Christ's Church, and it's Vicar. It is an error that I am so dearly, and truly committed to from the very soul of my being. I feel called by God to correct the fundamental mistakes and corruption within the Catholic Faith, the oldest Christian institution in the World and God's Church on Earth.

It is my solemn vow that I will do everything in my power, even if not elected, to work to fix these problems, and that I will serve God's will in whatever capacity that will be.

May the peace of our Lord, Jesus Christ, be with you all.

Amen.