News from the fringe of this here 'verse

BrowncoatsDispatch.png

From the Office of Prime Minister

An old man walks on to the stage, in front of a large banner representing the Browncoats and the independents that he represents. As he approaches the podium in the center of the stage, he takes a small swig from a small silver flask that he removed from his large brown duster. After he places it back inside his duster he clears his throat and begins to speak:

Welcome, one and all, to this small and unruly part of the 'verse. Here we do things differently, and you may not like that, but that's why we're out here and you're in there. Out here on the fringe though, we like to party, and will celebrate for whatever reason we got.

Well today I have a reason, and for all those who want to party, you're welcome to stay, for those who don't wish to party, well, you can go on home gorrammit.

Asriel takes another small swig from his flask before continuing.

Now on to why we're here a celebratin' and a partyin'. Ya see, we Browncoats, it's been a long road for us all, but after a while in nowhere, we decided to come back. That was two months ago, and so far we still ain't regrettin' that decision. We've got our ship, it brings us a bit o' cash, I got a crew, and we've all got one simple goal: Keep flying. For the last two months, we've done just that, and we're also pleased to announce that we have done well internally. We got up to 7 official members, with one in the process of joinin our crew, went from 69,000 strength, to just over 94,000 (that's a growth rate of about 27% over 2 months), gaining a nuclear nation, with 2 more along the way, and quickly gaining wonders, at about 13 so far with more coming every month.

Asriel wipes his brow with his handkerchief and clears his throat once more before continuing

I know that to large alliances and well established ones, these markers are small, but to us, an alliance who doesn't care too much about growing the fastest, or being the oldest, well gorrammit, we say screw you. This is our party. Have a drink or go home. :)

Free rum all around for those who want any. We probably have some wine and beer too if you want that instead.

Asriel, pleased with himself after this speech, more to allies than the world in general, opens up a door revealing a large room containing rum, beer, wine, and what have you. The room is large, and it is hard to see the other side.

Rest assured: The Browncoats have plenty of barrels to fill your alcoholic needs.

Tl;dr: You're too lazy to read my story so NO SOUP FOR YOU!

Edit: also, Obligatory Browncoats picture:

Browncoats.png

Edited by Asriel Belacqua

What the... Deja vu? I thought you guys died like.... two years ago! Man, this is a sign that RL is taking too much of my time. :blink:

EDIT: Also, congrats, I guess. Didn't actually read it, but I'm sure there was something congrats-worthy in there.

Edited by Kajdav

What the... Deja vu? I thought you guys died like.... two years ago! Man, this is a sign that RL is taking too much of my time. :blink:

EDIT: Also, congrats, I guess. Didn't actually read it, but I'm sure there was something congrats-worthy in there.

Have a drink. :)

Congratulations on making an announcement no one will read. :P

I got a personal tl;dr, so I can knowingly say: Congrats bela and all the other non-bela BC members.

-Bama (Wait, it's not Halloween anymore is it?)

It's a cleverly disguised war announcement. Who it is against, you will never find out until the war screen lights up with the fury of a thousand fireballs from above!

Also: :wub: to mah mathiasan fwend.

I didn't read a single gorram gorram in that announcement.

Gorrammit you're right! Hurry, to the edit box! I gotta make sure to gorram my gorrammed language up a bit.

You can't take the sky from me > You can't stop the signal :mad:

That one goes in our war announcements. :P

Thank god you've started using a darker blue, it no longer hurts my precious eyes. ._.

Didn't read the announcement itself though but congratulations or whatever anyways.

I figure I like blue, people like black, so why not put the two together eh? :P